Chapter 35 – Skies Over Esthirant
173 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Parpaldian Empire, March 5th, 1640

Indonesian Embassy, Esthirant

In the embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in the capital city of the Parpaldian Empire, two officials sat besides the table. The two were Kaios and Gunawan, each of them are the ambassador for their respective countries.

"So, I can confirm that the Parpaldian Empire wishes to inquire on peace negotiations?" Gunawan asked Kaios, his Parpaldian counterpart.

"Yes, that is true. The empire would like to negotiate on an appropriate peace treaty with Indonesia." Kaios said, confirming Parpaldia's decision.

The war with the Coalition has not gone well for Parpaldia, hence this is why they are seeking peace negotiations. While it seems humilliating for a Great Power to surrender to a group of countries outside of the civilized area, it was one of the ways for Parpaldia in order to minimize damage.

"Alright then," Gunawan said as he placed a piece of paper on the table, "Please know that we are not seeking to destroy your nation."

Kaios would then take a hold of the piece of paper and read its contents.

1. The Parpaldian Empire shall withdraw from its overseas territories, handing them back to their rightful previous owners.

2. The Parpaldian Empire shall decolonize and grant independence to the former countries it has been ruling over through a democratic vote from the people of those lands

3. The Parpaldian Empire shall pay war reparations of approximately 500 million of their own currency and various other resources and commodities.

5. A non-aggression pact of approximately 10 years shall be signed between the Parpaldian Empire and the various members of the coalition.

Kaios read through the contents of the demands in great detail, making sure nothing is missed. However, it seemed that there were a number of demands that seemed to make him uncomfortable.

"War reparations, and decolonization..?" Kaios said as he read the list, "This will severely impact our country!"

"That is the point, Mr. Kaios. We believe that the practice of colonization by the Parpaldian Empire to be unjustified and thus, we seek to have your country decolonize."

"Doesn't your country colonize its provinces too, given its huge and fractured nature?" Kaios said, seemingly objecting to some of the terms.

"I'm afraid that you shouldn't come into conclusions too quickly." Gunawan said, "Our country is indeed huge, but we make sure that even our underdeveloped and furthest provinces receive development and prosperity. Of course, there is a matter of problems in bureaucracy, but the fact of the matter is that we do not completely exploit our outer provinces like what Parpaldia does to its colonies." Gunawan explained

"But can't we negotiate on the terms?" Kaios said, trying to negotiate the easing of the demands.

"No can do, these terms cannot be negotiated. Don't worry, we will take the appropriate measures to perform the necessary steps in order for the continent and your nation to not fall into chaos." Gunawan said, reassuring his counterpart.

A moment of silence ensued as Kaios thought of Parpaldia's answer to these terms while calming himself down. After a while, he would finally give his answer to Gunawan, "I'm afraid that the Parpaldian Empire cannot accept these terms."

Gunawan released a sigh, "Alright then, I'll make sure to relay this to my government."

Thus, the meeting between the two diplomats bore no fruit. Neither side were capable of ending this war as one saw to reform its enemy while the other saw the demands to be unreasonable.

Kingdom of Sios, March 10th, 1640

Indonesian Military Base

Within a territory of the kingdom, a group of structure surrounded by fences stood out from the usual European-looking buildings of the country. This site is a military base of the Indonesian National Military in the Kingdom of Sios.

The base is not as big as its major American counterparts back on Earth but still contained a number of modern Indonesian equipment and soldiers. The base also has a paved runway, which have been recently constructed.

The skies above were clear as day and the personnel of the base started to get to work on the scheduled mission. Men ran through the concrete ground below, some carrying tools and equipment.

Near a group of hangars, a squadron of Indonesian F-15s stood by with their canopies opened, revealing the advanced and complex cockpit inside. Beside the aircraft were a group of people who were executing pre-flight checks.

Meanwhile, the pilot of the F-15 climbed the ladder that led into the cockpit of the fighter, followed by another person. The pilot would turn and sat on the seat while the man that followed him climbed up the ladder.

As the pilot went to secure himself onto the seat, the other man would assist him. After a while, the seatbelts would click, signifying that the pilot has been secured which is followed by the two shaking hands with each other.

"Good luck out there." The man said to the pilot as he shook his hand.

"Thanks, we'll try bring some souvenirs along the way!" The pilot said, cracking a joke.

The two laughed for a bit as the man who assisted him climbed down the ladder while saying, "I don't think the Parps are generous enough for that."

As the ladder of the aircraft was taken away, the pilot would grab the helmet beside him and placed it onto his head. After the helmet is on, he would put on the facemask and the visor would then be put down.

After a short while, the fighter's engine would be turned on, releasing the screeching roar of the F110-129 engines. The canopy of the jet fighter would be closed as it began to taxi their way to the runway.

The F-15EX squadron slowly followed each other and made their way to the runway. After a few minutes, the leading fighter would reach the runway.

As the leading F-15 got onto a runway, a voice would be heard from the pilot's radio communication, "Falcon 1, this is control tower. You are cleared for take off."

The engine's thrust would be increased and the fighter would soon start to accelerate. The F-15 slowly got faster as time goes on and as a certain speed was reached, the aircraft began to take off. Then, the black wheels of the landing gear left the ground as the plane lifted itself to the sky. Following the lead fighter, the other F-15s slowly took off one by one.

A while later, all of the F-15s would take off and began their mission, heading north, straight towards the city of Esthirant. The skies would be clear of F-15s as they left the airspace of the island nation.

------

Some time has passed since the F-15s took off from the runway. The squadron is currently high above the sky and quickly making their way to the Parpaldian capital city.

On the radar, a number of patrolling wyvern is detected by the fighters. They were somewhere above and near the capital's airspace as usual.

A voice is heard in the radio, "Alright, Falcon 1 to all, bandits are now in range, feel free to shoot them down."

"Woo-hoo! It's target practice time!" Another voice was heard in the comms.

The attack on the city of Esthirant would finally commence as the air-to-air missiles were released from the the fighter jets, quickly flying away from it to shoot down the wyverns above the imperial capital.

Parpaldian Empire, March 10th, 1640

Esthirant

Southern Airspace

In the airspace of the capital city of the Parpaldian Empire, 10 Wyvern Lords were on patrol. This group of wyverns had recently taken over from the previous group who ended their patrol when the sun rose a long while ago.

In the formation of wyvern lords, 2nd Squadron Leader Derius is currently talking to a veteran whose name is Pukrate through the manacomm.

"It's as boring as usual, huh?" Pukrate said to his colleague, releasing a deep sigh.

"We gotta keep our guard up at the very least. I heard we recently loss Fenn just a week ago, so the enemy is now right at our doorstep." Derius replied.

"Yeah.. I wonder what the higher ups below are doing right now.." Pukrate pondered to himself.

"They're probably scrambling to get the coasts secured. It'll be tough if the war reached our mainland." Derius said.

"If only the navy didn't lose so much, we could've gotten Altaras by now.." Pukrate said before noticing something flying in the sky, "...Hey, do you see that on the south?"

"See what?" Derius asked as he looked at the direction Pukrate mentioned, "..A light?"

The two could see multiple lights coming at them in the distance. Initially they thought it was some sort of morning shooting star, but its behaviour seemed suspicious.

Derius quickly understood that it couldn't be one and the lights was heading straight towards his squadron, "Evasive maneuvers!" He shouted out.

The wyvern lords began to break away from the formation but it was no use. The light kept following its target and soon, it made its mark.

'BOOM!'

'BOOM!'

6 wyverns were instantly killed from the wave of missiles from the F15s. Soon, the second wave began as the squadron could see another group of light heading towards them.

"What the hell is that?!" Pukrate said as he never seen anything like it before.

"Contact HQ immediately! We're under attack!" Derius ordered.

The wyvern lords did their best to evade the missiles, but nothing came to fruition. The wyverns were simply too slow to dodge them and some that tried to dodge even collided with the other wyverns in panic.

'BOOM!'

'BOOM!'

Just in a short period of time, the entire squadron that patrolled the skies above Esthirant were taken out. They weren't able to evade the missiles or even spot their enemy as it was an attack far from their visual range.

Although the patrol was able to contact HQ, the skies were now clear of any Parpaldian Wyverns for a while. The 10 downed wyvern lords and their knights mark the first few casualties of the Esthirant Airstrike.

Esthirant Military Base

North of the capital city of Parpaldia, a large military base could be seen. The base is one of the major military bases in Esthirant and also the headquarters of the Parpaldian Imperial Military

In one of the brick buildings of the base, technician Paies is currently tracking the wyverns that are currently in patrol. She's currently monitoring the 2nd Squadron, which is patrolling the southern airspace for now.

However, she would notice something odd. The 10 Wyvern Lords of the 2nd Squadron began to break their formation.

"Did something happen?" She asked to herself before seeing the dots on his radar disappear.

"All of them disappeared..?" She muttered to herself in shock, "I gotta report this!"

Paies quickly grabbed the manacomm beside her and shouted out, "Emergency! All 10 patrolling Wyvern Lords in the southern airspace has all disappeared!"

Everyone in the military base hears her announcement and soon, a ruckus would erupt as personnel scrambled to respond to the situation."

Paies' boss would barge into the room that she was in, "Our patrol were taken out?! Are you certain we're under attack?!"

"Ah, yes sir! We've lost contact with them in around 20 seconds!" Paies answered, "There's a chance that they may have been shot down!"

"What the hell did they encounter? Quickly get every wyvern we've got up to the sky including our wyvern overlords!" He ordered.

"The overlords?! Are you sure about this, sir?" Paies asked her boss.

"Do it! We need to protect our capital at all costs!" Her boss confirmed his decision.

Remille's Mansion

Within the capital city of Parpaldia, a large mansion stood from the ground. The building looked to be made out of bricks and seemed sturdy but beautiful and elegant. Surrounding the mansion were long stretches of brick walls that formed a rectangular shape, which had a black metal gate on the front of the property. This estate is currently one of the place of residences for Remille.

Remille is currently inside the mansion's bathroom, endulging in her usual activity of the day. As the day had started, she needed to look proper as a part of Parpaldia's upper class.

She is currently inside the large white bathtub of the room, relaxing as she scrubbed herself with soap.

As she laid down in the clean water of her bathtub, a number of loud sound could be heard outside in quick succession.

'BOOM!'

'BOOM!'

'BOOM!'

She immediately got out from her bathtub in surprise, "What was that?!"

Remille wrapped herself with a white towel and left the bathroom in a hurry. As the bathroom is connected to her private bedroom, there were no problems of unwanted people on the other side of the door.

As the sounds of explosion kept occuring, she went straight to her window, which were large and covered by a dark red curtain. As she opened the curtain, she could see grey smoke coming from the industrial area of the city. There were also smokes from the direction where the military railway station and shipyards are located in.

"W-What is happening..?" She said in utter shock, "Are we under attack already? What are the soldiers doing?"

Above the city, she could see grey arrow-like objects that seemed similar to wyverns. The flew at unbelievable speeds and maneuverability, while launching some sort of light that exploded as they hit their targets.

"What happened to our patrols..?" Remille muttered to herself.

As she laid on the sights of the airstrike being conducted towards the city, she felt like she couldn't do anything but watch as the people of the city cried in terror because of the attack. While the Parpaldians had conducted airstrikes towards enemy cities, they never had been faced with one that was outside their world.

4