Chapter 44 – Discovery
561 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Republic of Indonesia, April 9th, 1640

Merdeka Palace, Jakarta

"Still no progress, huh.." President Hendra muttered as he read the contents of a document in his hands.

Ever since the start of the Esthirant Airstrike, Indonesian government has been trying to reach some sort of agreement with the Parpaldians in hope to end the war sooner. Although Indonesia could wage this war for longer, any agreement that would end the war sooner is something that would be desirable for the government.

"It seems that it won't be easy."

Then, from the doors of the presidential office, a knock would be heard.

President Henda noticed it and answered, "Enter."

The door slowly opened to reveal one of his aides with a small stack of document of roughly a dozen papers. The aide slowly walked towards Hendra who sat on the chair of his desk.

"Sir, I have a report regarding our investigation on the Ravernal Empire."

After the discovery of an ancient empire, the Indonesian government dispatched a research effort to investigate these Ravernals. Many government officials still did not believed it, but Hendra decided to give it a shot due to the transfer event.

Hendra would put down the documents on his hand, "The Ravernals? What new information have we got?"

"Well, our research teams have done a number of observations and surveys on the natives and various ancient sites. The natives of this world seems to believe in this legend and some sites seems to prove it."

"That means the Ravernals likely existed sometime in the past. But is that it? Just those alone won't prove that they have nukes or have went to the future."

"About that, we're working on gaining access into a number of ruined cities in Emor. According to our satellites, there is a sight of widespread destruction in some of those cities."

"I see. Are there any records on it? Perhaps it might be the site of some major event." President Hendra asked, still skeptical of the nuke.

"We're still working on it, but speaking of which, we've encountered a number of objects in space that looked similar to artificial satellites."

"Satellites in space?" Hendra asked, confused by the report, "Is there a country that can launch objects into space?"

Such a discovery would be huge in itself. If there is another country capable of launching satellites, then Indonesia would certainly need to tread with more caution.

"We're still not sure, but we think that this might be an ancient satellite of the Ravernals. Anyways, we also found this." The aide said as he grabbed a few photos and placed it on Hendra's desk.

Hendra examined the photos and noticed something, "Is this... A giant Mercedes logo?"

"It appears to be that way, Mr. President."

The object in the photo that Hendra is looking at looked to be a gigantic white object in the shape of a Mercedes-Benz logo. The object seemed to be located in some sort of military base that is completely enclosed. Around the object were figures that seemed like military personnel, but compared to the object, they were tiny.

"Where is this located?" Hendra asked his aide.

"According to our space agency, they found the object inside a military base in the Holy Mirishial Empire."

"The Holy Mirishial Empire.. They're supposed to be the strongest country in this world, right?"

"That is correct. We're not sure how strong they are, but this object in question seems to be capable of flight. Anyways, it's likely a military weapon belonging to the Mirishials."

Some of the photographs show the object over buildings and aircrafts. It clearly shows that the object is capable of flight, which baffled President Hendra.

"Doesn't that violate the laws of physics?" Hendra asked, stunned by the information.

"The people at our space agency were also confused. Eitherway, it seems that the Mirishials possess some sort of advanced technology to allow it to fly. It may have something to do with these magic gems we've been hearing about."

The Indonesians were first exposed to magic gems when it opened diplomatic relations with Parpaldia. At first, the Indonesians paid it no mind, but with the discovery of what these things could do, interest in them began to increase. However, research on these new power sources were postponed to prioritize on other needs.

"Are there anymore information from LAPAN?" Hendra asked, mentioning the Indonesian Space Agency, known as the National Institute of Aeronautics and Space.

"We've also noticed that this planet is far bigger than Earth, but it seems that the composition of the atmosphere and its gravitational pull is similar."

"How does that even work?" Hendra asked, confused by the information.

"We're also not sure. This world is really strange. Also, we've managed to learn the name of this planet. The locals seems to call it Forthena."

President Hendra, who is baffled by the oddities of this planet, decided to leave it be and let the experts handle everything, "That's interesting. It sounds like a mix of Fortuna and Athena. I wonder where they've got this name from."

Fortuna, the Roman goddess of luck, and Athena, the Greek goddess of war and wisdom. Two names that one who is familliar with ancient Roman and Greek history should know. Hendra had his fair share of history, and as a result, he knew a bit about them.

"Anyways, how about these Gra Valkans?" Hendra asked his aide.

"According to our satellites, their cities looked to be highly industrialized. We have spotted high concentration of factories within the city and compared to other countries of this world, it seems that theirs is comparable to Mirishial's."

"How likely are they to be a threat in the future?"

"So far, not much. They're located to the far western side of the world, so we should be safe for now."

After discovering the existence of the Gra Valkas Empire, the Indonesian government became wary of its potential threat. While aggressive neighbors were something Indonesia had to deal with in the past, this world is undeniably much different than Earth.

"That's a relief." Hendra said, as he released a sigh of relief, "please keep monitoring them and to bring more information regarding these Ravernals."

The aide then left, leaving Hendra in his office to do his work. The Indonesians have uncovered more about this world, though they are still not yet close to understanding it.

Parpaldian Empire, April 11th, 1640

Somewhere in the Parpaldian Countryside

"What? The some of our northern neighbors are building up troops near the border?" Ludius asked.

"Yes, sir. We've spotted a large number of Riem, Ambrosian, and Rendian troops near the border. In fact, they seem to be building a camp there."

During this time, Ludius was eating his breakfast. He had just finished the food on his plate, which now looks rather clean.

"Summon their diplomat and demand an explanation!" Ludius ordered.

"Yes, your majesty. I've also got news regarding the recent World Leadership Conference."

"Did we gain any support?" Ludius asked, feeling hopeful.

The Parpaldian man looked down in disappointment, "No, your majesty.. We're in the brink of losing our Great Power status."

The status of a Great Power is viewed as one of the two prestigious statuses that a nation could achieve. Receiving it meant that a nation is recognized to have a great amount of military power and influence over their region. Although still below the status of Superpower, the Parpaldians were still proud of this status.

"Preposterous!" Ludius shouted as he smacked his table with his right fist, shaking his plate and cup, "Do the other nations not see our importance to the world stage?!"

The Parpaldian man that reported this news is at a loss of words. He did not know what to do due to his inexperience of political matters, but he knew that the Great Power status has a big meaning for his country.

Ludius calmed down and gathered his thoughts. He knew that if Parpaldia would lose this war, it will cause a huge loss of prestige and international recognition.

"After all of this.. After everything that we had done to bring this nation from stagnation.." Ludius thought to himself, seemingly like he was beginning to lose hope.

"No... No! I will bring Parpaldia to victory no matter what! We still have our core territories and we will repel them! There is no way that THE Parpaldian Empire will lose!"

Ludius remained adamant towards the prospect of a Parpaldian victory. He knew that he could not bring disappointment to his ancestors that had worked hard to bring the country to its current state.

"Contact General Arde and order him to keep the enemy at bay at all cost! Show the international community that the Parpaldian Empire is not yet over!"

"As you wish, your majesty!"

The Parpaldian man left Ludius in the room and rushed to bring this information. Silence then filled the room until a servant entered to pick up Ludius' plate.

Somewhere in the Southern World

???

A man with blue hair and eyes looked through a window in a dimly lit room. The man looked to have a pale white skin and seemed to be youthful. Outside, the world looked dark duto the night sky above, although the sights of tall buildings complete with artificial lighting could still be seen.

"A new country has been admitted to the conference?" The blue haired man asked.

Behind him is a seemingly middle-aged man who wore a black suit with hair that looked to be blonde.

"Yes, the nation in question is called the Gra Valkas Empire. There were also talks to demote the Parpaldian Empire from its status and replace them with another country known as the Republic of Indonesia."

"I see.. Do these two countries pose any threat for our plans?"

The blonde haired man shook his head, "I believe they should not pose too much of a threat. However, the Indonesians seemed to be a rather interesting case."

"I believe that they're the country that repelled Louria and killed Nosgorath?"

"That would be correct, your majesty. They managed to repel them in a rather short amount of time."

The blue haired man chuckled, "They're no match for us anyways. It's a shame that our efforts in Louria did not bring the desired result and that Nosgorath was rather.. broken."

"That should not be much of a worry, your majesty. Our efforts in Malin and Grameus is still going well. Minus the fact that Nosgorath was killed a few months ago."

The blue haired man then turned around and slowly approached the blonde man. Slowly but surely, two pairs of large white wings could be seen due to the light from one of the dim nightlamps of the room.

"Then please make sure that it stays that way. We cannot have any other parties get a hold onto those beacons." The blue haired man ordered.

"Yes, your majesty. I will make sure that everything is seen through."

"Good." The blue haired man said, "Is there anything else?"

"There is. The Mirishial's has just unveiled a new magic battleship that doesn't look anything anything used by our ancestors. We're still not sure of its specification, but we assume that it could be stronger than the Gold-class."

"A new battleship? If it is something designed and made by them, then there is no doubt that it is inferior to ours."

"That is true." The blonde man said as he laughed.

The races of these world, aside from the dragonfolks and high elves, does not have any significant amount of magic in their bodies. As a result, they are often looked down upon by races such as the dragonfolks.

"Now, is that all?" The blue haired man asked.

"That is all, your majesty."

"Then you may leave. Your report has been intriguing."

The blonde haired man bowed before leaving in response. While on the way out, small black wings could be seen on his back as he went through the door.

"For my nation, the Annonrial Empire, and the destiny set by my ancestors... I will make sure that everything will go accordingly. For no one shall stand in our way!" The blue haired man thought to himself as he raised his right hand and clenched his fist.

"Eitherway, the 1642 Conference should be a lot more interesting." He muttered as he chuckled to himself and grinned.

------
Author's note:
Another chapter, this time with more developments on the war and a name for the planet. It's something I came up in a whim, but I decided to go with it because it sounded nice.

I also plan to rewrite a number of my earlier chapters. I'm not sure when that will happen.

5