True Immortal Sightings Report #1: The Author
144 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Report #1
Name: The Author
Other Titles: God, Him, St*pid F#cking B&stard, Author-san

 

  • Multidimensional being
  • Omniscient
  • Omnipotent 
  • Capable of  'writing' reality

Danger level - None

Appearance - Middle-aged man of the observing species

Behavioural Report: Unaggressive. Unconcerned. Humble. 

 

First-person View of an encounter:

" This is Jacom Was'cr, captain of the Polo97 experimental spacecraft. We are approaching the event horizon of the black hole at a steady pace. The reverse thrusters and the integrity of the ship seem to be holding up." I spoke into the microphone. This is it. The pinnacle of space travel. We are about to see what is inside a black hole. My team and I are hopeful. We may be the team to complete our mission. After the last 97 failures, this may be it!

Still keeping my eyes on the control panel, I spoke to my team in a solemn voice. " Ladies and gentlemen of team 97. This is it. We are entering the black hole in 15 seconds. Beginning count down from 5 seconds. Check your straps, you do not want to die from a bump now."

I too check my own straps. I was secured tightly onto the standard seat. Only my arms and hands were mobile while even my head was strapped to the chair.

" Alright! FIVE! FOUR! THREE! TWO!- ARGHHHHHHH!"

Unimaginable pain flared throughout my body. I sat (?) there screaming my head off for what seemed like days. There was nothing to see, just the pitch black of the void. Nothing to hear, just my imaginary screaming. I felt like I was in hell. nO! I wAS iN Hell! 

Then, I was not. I was just standing in a standard room. In front of me sat a glowing middle-aged man typing away at his computer unconcerned with my sudden appearance. I stood still for a second. My body, unsure of how to react. Then came the phantom pains. Collapsing on the floor, I screamed.

" Oh, you made it in here. How amusing! I never thought a non-magical species like yours would ever make it in here. Well done! As a reward... I shall make you the protagonist in your story. Good luck!"

I watched from the floor as the man flicked his hand. In an instant, my surroundings changed and I found myself back in the control centre of the mission base. Then, words flickered to life in front of me.

[Welcome to the Rising Sword Immortal System!]

Oh, God...

2