Chapter 9: New beginning.
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tiffany was waiting for her taxi that will bring her to the station, Rick was standing next to her.

She was slightly puzzled in regards to their relationship. She did find him very attractive and she had not seen anybody coming close to him in term of sexiness.

In addition, spending almost two months with him also gave her a clear view on his capabilities. And he was capable.

Two weeks into her stay, she realised that the regular customers were in fact all his subordinates. They were all very competent and none of them ever contradicted an order from Rick.

Despite the clear favouritism that she received from the boss, none of them made her strange about it. They were either very loyal or very terrified of him, it must have been a mix of both.

When she realised what being a VIP meant, she was stunned. He had a information network that covered all the major cities in all planets connected to Cormeus. And she could get any information that were not hard to find free of charge and a discount for the rest.

Lastly, she wasn’t ignorant of all the sexual innuendos that Rick has been telling her, she simply pretended to act like a pure innocent little bunny. Her last relationship was still vivid in her mind. It ended with a truck. She was also not quite used to the idea of dating someone not human. It was the norm on this world but she was still clinging on some of her past Earth beliefs.

The atmosphere started to feel heavy due to the awkward silence between the two of them.

“So… I guess it is good by for now”. Tiffany said with a strained voice.

“Yes it is. But don’t worry we will stay in touch. You still have to keep your part of the agreement”. Rick reminded her.

“Right you need a hundred bullets in the next four months. Couldn’t you take pity on me and just let me enjoy my new academic life?” Purred Tiffany. Acting cute was an inherent skill of every women in existence.

“Sorry my dear, business is business. We have an agreement, I teach you how to make them and you give me one hundred of them… However, if you want to pay for the tuition in another way, I am open to negotiations”.

“So what do you want in exchange?” Asked Tiffany.

“What do you think a healthy male would want from a beautiful young lady?” The heat in his eyes was evident when he met hers.

Tiffany was saved by the incoming taxi. She quickly jumped into the taxi ordering him to depart immediately. Rick’s laughter could be heard as she closed the door. Her ears were burning throughout the journey and the sound of her heart could be heard thumping inside the car.

“Damn bastard. How could he be so direct when he had been tiptoeing the entire time she was sleeping at his place.” Tiffany thought. She almost decided to stay and drop everything but she knew she would have regretted it as she couldn’t miss the entrance exam.

Some women would have loved to be pampered and protected but this was no longer her dream. She wanted to stand up for herself and for this she needed strength and the academy was the starting point of it all.

Back at the shooting range, Rick was very satisfied with his little bunny. She had resisted all his advances and she now knew he was interested in her. He was certain that none of the rabid wolves she would encounter at the academy could be his match.

If Tiffany could hear his thoughts, she would have subconsciously agreed to this reasoning. She had been subtly influenced by his constant presence and attention. She unknowingly had set a new standard for her future boyfriend.

Tiffany safely arrived at the station and boarded the train without a problem. She had three hours of travel before she arrived at the capital.

While on the train, Tiffany kept looking at her last present from Rick before leaving. It was her own fully functional gun, a Glock 19. Guns technology was the same as Earth as they stopped improving on it when firearms were found unusable in dungeons.

Hers, was made of dungeon materials. She loved it shiny gloss and how it easily fit in her hand. The hardness gave a reassuring feeling.

He even included a leg holder. What an angel. She really had become a gun fanatic. Not by choice but by necessity.

She sometimes wondered if she was in an alternate universe that was way further along in its timeline. She would stop thinking about as it became was too philosophical for her and it wouldn’t resolve anything.

She was not the only person who was armed on the train. A lot of other passengers were wearing weapons, such as swords, axes, bows and other exotic ones. Most of the passengers looked down on her when they saw her gun, wondering if she was mentally disabled thinking that she could use it in a dungeon.

When she finally arrived at the capital she called her parents to reassure them that she had arrived safe and sound. She went to the hotel she had reserved and decided to turn in early.

She stopped herself from calling Rick. She was only in a business relationship and didn’t want to appear desperate. She was clearly in denial in regards to her feelings.

At the same time, in one of the tallest building of the capital, a man was waiting for a phone call amidst a conference room. Dark red eyes, a cold aura and murderous air was surrounding him. His glamour was no longer present, and he only used it to cover his racial seduction.

“What a little ingrate. Not even calling to say she is well”. He muttered to himself.

The return of the King of Wrath had shaken the entire capital. He had come back to the headquarters of “Shadows”. One of the biggest company on Cormeus.

All the top executives were present, they were hunters who could walk unhindered through any dungeons and were respected by their allies and enemies alike. However, right now, they were on the edge of their sits and not daring to move.

The temperature in the room had been dropping by the minutes. They all wondered who could make their boss so unhappy.

After he muttered his annoyance, he no longer cared about his phone and tossed it aside.

“Let’s commence the meeting.” He ordered.

The meeting went long into the night. The culprit who was responsible for uneasiness of a dozen to executives was sleeping soundly. If they had known that the little ancestor responsible for their boss behaviour was in the same city, they would have beg her to simply text him every night before sleeping.

Tiffany woke up early and went to Origin academy. Tiffany had expected a dilapidated institution but beautiful ancient architecture style building appeared in her view. She became more and more confused. Who in their right mind would accept anyone regardless of rank or type of skill.

She could see people grouping in group of three or more talking excitingly with each other. They must have been acquaintances from before.

There were a few individuals who were by themselves, some were looking lost and apprehensive while others were confident and sure of themselves.

“Hey you, the girl with the gun”. Screamed a young man. He had a small face, elongated nose, big ears and small eyes. This made him looked strange. He was dressed with all the best brand and girls were trying to get into his good books.

All eyes focused on Tiffany and she could only think to herself while trying to stay non-chalant. “There is always an idiot who thinks he is god gift to women and has to be a jerk”.

“Didn’t you here me call you?” Said the young man when he arrived right in front of her.

“Sorry, I don’t know you and I have no reason to talk to you”. Tiffany answered calmly.

“Look like you are new to the capital if you don’t know me. I am the young master of the Frey family.” While looking like a peacock trying to show off his preening.

”Wow, the Frey family this is amazing.” Looking like and infatuated idol-chaser. “Sorry, I don’t know them”. Lied Tiffany going back to her stoic faced.

Laugher started amidst the crowd and while rat-face tried to tell them to stop laughing, Tiffany made her escape and hid in the crowd.

Before she could be found again, a sonorous voice rang out.

“Silence! Anyone who speak from this point on will be forbidden from taking the test.”

Rat-face who was still fuming from his humiliation immediately reacted: “Who are you to be so full of yourself? Show yourself in front Ulkias Frey”.

“Kick him out. No need for these arrogant and ill mannered scion of Aristocratic descent. They are too good for us to keep”.

As soon as the mystery man finished speaking, guards appeared by the Ulkias and proceeded to escort him out despite the constant whining and threat.

No one else had the courage to say anything else.

An old man appeared out of thin air right in front of main entrance door of the academy.

Satisfied with the students reactions he continued in a bland voice: “Now that we have gotten rid of any distractions we can begin”.

1