Chapter 2: Arriving
361 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the cliffhanger on the first chapter. I am deeply sorry for putting you through that.

 

Arriving

Avatar: The Last Airbender" The Western Air Temple (TV Episode 2007) - IMDb

I do not own this picture and I hope this is fair use as I am just referring to it


In the western Air-temple north of the fire nation, a rift appears and then swiftly disappears leaving behind a young boy. The boy looks to be around nine years old and has a strikingly familiar face. Of course, this is our one and only Joe. He jolts awake and stumbles before looking down onto his arms and legs, this sobers him up and he starts thinking clearly.


Joe's POV

One minute I am staring at a mystic being the next I wake up at a temple of some sort. It seems I have been given the gift of youth by the mystic figure as I now look like I am a little child. This might become problematic if I want to return to my country. Will they even help me get back or completely reject me on the premise that I cannot be Joe Manson because of my age? I turn around and get flabbergasted at what I spot. Huge towers hanging down from the high roof above me. Defying gravity while also making me slightly nervous. I conclude that I might not be on planet Earth anymore. I recognise some of the statues that look like they are carved into the mountainside. They remind me of a TV show I used to watch in my younger days. It cannot be!? Am I in the world of Avatar the Last Airbender? I look around me and confirm that there is no way to get up from the platform which I am staying at. If I remember correctly this must be at least before Firelord Ozai has been defeated by Aang because there are no marks of combat here.


End of POV

Joe was walking around on the platform looking for anything that might help him. After two hours he gives up on the idea of climbing up. His arms are way too short and weak for him to even think of doing such a thing. After throwing a childish tantrum he placed his sorry ass in front of one of the monk statues. Joe sits there for a while thinking of what he remembers from watching the show. He reminisce about the monk that was trying to help Aang learn how to control the avatar state. The monk seemed like a spiritual guy in the TV Series so he might find him in the spirit world. Even though he doubts his own ability to travel to the spirit world, it is definitely worth a try. He starts to meditate and after half an hour the monk statue lights up and Joe is  immediately brought into the spirit world.

 


 Unknown female Monk's POV

I was meditating in the spirit world as usual when I felt a great power surge. I thought nothing of it, as it was probably just the avatar being reincarnated. The last avatar must have lived for around a hundred years. It also felt like this next avatar was going to be much stronger than usual. Soon the energy that was overflowing moments ago had calmed down and I could continue my peaceful way of life. However I would not be left alone as a child soon appeared in front of me. This child seemed to carry no aura and was looking at me like I was some sort of savior. 

I am very sorry to leave it at a yet a new cliffhanger, but at least I doubled the word count.

     

 

Cliffhangers?
  • No, I do not want Cliff hangers even if release schedule would be hurt by it. Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Yes, I am okay with cliffhangers because I need daily chapters. Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Stop with polls. Votes: 2 9.5%
Total voters: 21
12