Chapter 3: Meeting the spirit of an ancient monk
312 7 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Because it was even on the last poll about whether or not to change the release schedule I will just continue doing what I have done until now.

Meeting the spirit of an ancient monk


Joe was sitting in front of an old and wise looking monk. She seemed surprised at his appearance in the spirit world. He stood up and bowed respectfully something which intrigued the wise monk as he was so composed even though he was just a child around the age of 8.  Joe: "Hello, wise monk. I have come to you in seek of guidance". As he was saying this he tried his utmost at looking sincere which he undoubtedly failed at since the monk was smirking at him. She then replied, "Hello little one, why have you come to me seeking guidance?".


Joe's POV

It seems she at least want to hear me out. "I need a way out of the western air temple. As you can see I am too weak to climb away and is in need of another solution." She looks at me then ask me to stretch out my hand. She touches my hand and I feel strange energy circulate through my body. This energy I am feeling must be chi. 


The wise female monk's POV

This child is extraordinary! He seems to have the power to be able to dual-bend both fire and air. I was not really thinking of helping him earlier, but this changes everything. I am willing teach him the art of air-bending and help him as I also will get the chance to impart my ideals onto him as he is just a impressionable child. "I will teach you air-bending and take you on as my apprentice. But you will have to follow strict training regiments do you accept?"


Joe's POV

The mysterious monk just asked me to be her apprentice!? But how will I even be able to learn how to get out of the air-temple before I starve to death? "I want to accept but I do not know if I can because my body would most likely starve and leave me behind in the spirit world." Luckily the monk seemed to have a solution to this as she immediately answered with "Time works differently here in the spirit world. When one year has passed here one minute has passed outside, but pay attention as this time difference is not static and changes over time. You do not need to keep attention to this as long I am here though." In that case I might as well accept the apprenticeship as I do not have any other solution. "I accept your proposal and will hereby call you master."

Sorry for the late release and the shorter than usual chapter. I have a test tomorrow and had to focus more on school so I did not get as much time to work on the chapter as I'd liked.

 

11