Chapter 3: The Fate he’ll never escape from
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The mysterious woman carries a tremendous diabolical power within her. I need to be careful. For now, I'll just follow her orders. Aside from being careful, Roseweisse life is at the palm of my hands.

I can't do anything reckless so I decided to sit and drop my weapons.

"Good job, young lord. now, give me your hands."

She then put a magical handcuffs at both of my hands making me unable to use magic or any sorts of tricks that uses mana.

She then speak humorously to me with an intimidating stare.

"keep being a good boy, everything will be fine.

Then I answered her through my mind.

"What? Everything will be fine, huh?"

I can't let myself caught off guard. I need to think of a way to escape through this situation without endangering Roseweisse life.

"What should I do? What should I do?"

I kept thinking hardly and still can't think of any way, there's no problem for me fighting with her. She may have an advantage because of real battle experience but I too have a enormous amount of magic that indwells inside me.

There's no struggle head on, I can escape if I want to. I got tired of thinking a ways to fight and stopped thinking about it anymore.

After a blink of an eye, Roseweisse isn't in bed anymore. The demon panicked and accusing me what did I do. I didn't do anything as a matter of fact but I can't deny that things are going on my favor.

The Demon shout with an upset and angry manner.

"You can't run from me, you bastard. If you just obeyed my order and be quiet, you can still see the days until the next raid."

The demon leap towards me intending to strike me with his dagger that coated with poison magic.

*A dagger and a sabre collided with each other sound*

Roseweisse suddenly showed up to defend me from the demon because I can't fight back due to the magic handcuffs that's placed with my hands.

"Bastard, how dare you wanting to finish a defenseless person, shame on you."

Roseweisse said with a fierce look on her face.

Although Roseweisse is a violent woman and carefree, she has a knightliness way of thinking.

"Now that you raised your weapon be prepared for your consequences, you disgusting demon."

(--Roseweisse casts a spell on her sabre.--)

The sabre turns into a light glassy purple color and a purple wind is revolving around the blade.

her mana suddenly exceeds to her maximum mana. I can see that her mana is rapidly increasing. I have no Idea what spell is she using but surely that Immeasurable power filling her is a double edge sword.

With a flick of her fingers the handcuffs collapse. I slowly regaining my magic but still won't be enough to intervene the fight with the magic of this two.

The two continue to fought with each other, exchanging a massive amount of damage with each other, the palace is starting to destruct.

I can see very well that the demon is struggling with Roseweisse. On the other hand, roseweisse. The magic she acquired earlier starting to fade rapidly and her body is keep being bruised and continuously emits blood.

"I see, so that's how it works, in an exchange of that massive power, you're putting your whole life at risk, I just need to prolong this fight and your defeat is guaranteed."

Said the demon as she acquired a crucial information on Roseweisse ability.

"Like the hell I would let you do that."

Roseweisse response as she breathes heavily.

The two kept fighting and I am still regaining my lost magic. with a bad flow of mana inside the castle I can't easily acquire all the power I needed to produce a destructive magic to defeat her.

"Kean!" Roseweisse shouted my name.

"Listen, don't mind me go run and helped the people evacuate. Ensure the safety of many before me. That's an order of your senior. Now, don't waste anytime, Go!"

"but Rosew--"

"Enough! Hurry I can't stay like this for too long, Go!"

Roseweisse said with a desperate voice.

I began to jump on the window as I encountered Raeven fighting with a demon that he looks like but just a different color of eyes.

"Old brother Raeven! stop this stupid game anymore, hurry and go back to the kingdom and do all your responsibilities as an upcoming king!"

"How many times do I have to tell you!? I won't go back anymore, I don't wanna involve with that stupid old man's impossible and inhuman ambition!"

as they exchange swords and words the surroundings are kept getting wiped out.

I then called Raeven to give me a spare of his time by letting me pass the demons to help the citizen's evacuation process.

the strange man look upon me. The fight of Raeven and this strange man suddenly stop as he were observing and looking like he took an Interest with me or more likely the power that's nesting inside me.

"Old brother, you know this brat? you have found a quite interesting toy here, I see! Interesting!"

Said the strange man as he laugh like an amused demon that suddenly got an evil intentions.

"Crown, you bastard!" Raeven shouts.

"don't you dare bother with this boy or else I'll kill you and your stupid father."

"Gahahaha, you can't decide that by yourself"

Crown acted like an arrogant and spread her total of six demonic wings. He suddenly dashes towards Raeven with an Intent to kill his older brother.

His horn transformed into black and the outlines are gold surprising Raeven. He began to show off his supreme dark aura conquering the sorroundings that even Raeven had a goosebumps.

the weaker demons and knights suddenly fell unconscious in the ground by the overwhelming force of the supreme aura incoming from Crown.

"Now, let's see who is stronger? Older brother, No, Raeven Gahahahah!"

My eyes can't follow the speed of Crown, he's almost like teleporting but he's just running and fighting. Raeven makes a worried and troubled face. He know that fighting continuously his younger brother will only lead to his decisive defeat.

"Kean, I will hold him for a while but it wouldn't be too long so hurry! don't bother here anymore, save as many as possible, watching here won't give you anything, go, leave this to me!"

"I'll be counting on you, stay alive!"

I shouted to him. I leave as fast as possible, though I have a little worries earlier that he might be in trouble if anything goes wrong but I know what he's capable of so I felt little bit relieved.

"Don't you dare die on me, brother." I said through my mind.

as I kept running I have finally reached the evacuation routes. I handled all the hordes coming towards the civilians with a little bit of struggle.

At first I handled them off so easily that I became arrogant thinking if this is all they've got, thinking that I am the strongest and has the most potential in this world with a proud face

But as the fight keeps going for more than an hour, I started to feel exhausted and find myself heavily breathing.

"My mana keeps depleting, what are this creatures they are strong like an apprentice paladins!"

then one hand suddenly bump at my shoulder and the kingdom knight suddenly whispered to me as he raise his sword at my neck.

"No, that's just a class B demon. They still have a lot of ways to go, Brat"

"What's the meaning of this, you bastard!?"

I replied with an upset voice.

"How dare you speak to his majesty in an impolite manner you lowly knight!?"

said with an angry tone by one of the Elite Guards. Then after a second, the knight dashed at the elite guard killing him as he caught off guard.

He chopped his body into pieces, in a blink of an eye. The heart came out in his chest bursting a lot of bloods at the ground.

After what he did he caught the attention of the other knights and elite guards.

all knights suddenly raised their sword killing all their allied elite guards.

I was in a deep shock that I don't know what to respond in everything that's happening around.

"Now, you're fighting for more than an hour, stupid brat, the plan of weakening you were successful, now all we have to do is to take your life then we'll obtain power!"

I was a little bit of stressed after lot of things are happening at a time.

The guards started killing all the evacuating citizens. People keeps screaming. I see lots of scared faces, begging for mercy and others fighting desperately despite of being weak.

My face turned paled and hopeless and another sudden thought crosses my mind.

"The evacuated citizens!"

"Hey, what did you do to those people who's escaping earlier? don't tell me--"

"Yeah, Kakakahaha, they're all regretting at the after life as they see their lifeless body laying at the ground with a huge blood spread!"

said the traitor knight with an insane and entertained face.

"Why the hell did you let that happened!? you shit!"

I said with a mad face as I hold her collar.

"I didn't let that happen, I made it happened, Kakahaha!"

with an overwhelming amount of emotions, I'm starting to break out. I held my head as I don't know what do anymore. My emotions couldn't handle this situation anymore.

I desperately attack all of them exchanging strikes with my sabre with their magic swords. They all come to me and fought me, they didn't fight me one at a time. They all jump towards me raising their swords and shield intending to finish me off.

I hardly dodge their attacks altogether, I keep getting wound and my right shoulder are completely numb due to the poison inflicted to me by their magic swords.

"How can they be so strong against me? I have an enormous magic, why I feel like I'm just getting played with this bastards? Are they buying time? No they're not I can feel they're highly entertained to make me suffer, what are the problems of this shits?"

I began to out balanced and fell from the ground my sight is so dizzy and I feel like I need to vomit.

"My mana is depleted, I have no strength to fight anymore, I guess this is how far I can go."

"Rest in peace, Your majesty."

The knight said to me as he's about to swing his sword to finish me off. A silver and purple haired women cast a spell loudly with a hurried face.

"Fusion Flame and Light magic: Silver Flames!"

A wall of silver flames knocked out all of the knights within my 2 meter radius. the silver flames and encircled me to protect me and I started to regain mana rapidly. The flames completely healed my wounds and my emotions are getting stable.

"I can move again, I don't feel anything at all. I'm not hurt or what."

"Yo! I'm truly grateful for protecting me, I promise to repay it back to you someday!"

as I said gratefully inside the flames.

"Now, I'm completely healed and it's already hot inside here, can you put out the flames already?"

"N-no way, idiot!"

From the voice of it, it's probably none other than Roseweisse but who's the other girl beside him. I didn't get to see her as she cast because my sight are dizzy earlier.

Then a gentled-voice woman spoke to me.

"The truth is we have no Idea how to put it out, we just learned it earlier after a desperate run to the hospital's library to treat her wounds."

"You idiot Yumi, you're the one who needed my amazing knowledge to get your lil' sister treated."

The pupled-haired woman then respond to Roseweisse in a humorous tone.

"Okay, Okay, I surrender, I Indeed needed your amazing talent to get Octavia treated"

"Yumi, you say? that beautiful woman in the magic academy?"

"you compliment me so much, you're overreacting, I'm just a normal woman, you know? but I'm not as violent as Roseweisse." *Chuckles*

"What did you say you purple giant ass!?"

"I'm not giant, you're just shrimp!"

"I'm not shrimp, I'm already 17, you know!"

and their immature fight goes on.

These two seems to have a great relationship with each other. I think they know each other a long time ago because I can see that they have a typical sister vs sister vibes.

"Come on! stop it already, we still have a lot needed to do. We first need to evacuate the citiz--"

A familiar aura suddenly appeared before our eyes. We all get goosebumps. At first I thought this is from Crown but this magic is obviously more demonic than him.

A strange tall man with his forty's continuously walks towards me. Roseweisse and Yumi fell on the ground and become unconscious. My body too also feels weak and I feel sleepier more and more as he get near me.

"So you are the destined god of all gods and and goddesses. It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Edrigur Icled I'm just a mere commander of the kingdom, Quilleth."

Quilleth, I heard it from Raeven long time ago, that's right! it's his hometown. it's the kingdom of those warmonger demons. After realizing it, I get to experience fear for the first time in this life. His overwhelming aura crushed my fighting spirit.

I just listened to his idle talk, my body can't move. I wanna escaped so bad. but then he said.

"Unfortunately, as much as I want to know you, I won't have a chance. Due for you being a threatful creature to us, I'm tasked to kill you on behalf of his majesty's orders."

A strange man suddenly leap towards to strike him. The Swords crossed by the two of of them, their sabre has a strange color of magic and a magic is revolving around their body too.

Unexpectedly, it's my father.

"Edrigur! I have long waited for this time, this time for sure and no matter what I will chopped every parts of your body!"

I can't let myself to wonder why my old man looks like has a deep history with this man. They seem to know each other as they know how their swordsmanship plays.

-- Intense magic around fifteen meter radius destroying buildings, trees and the ground --

"Kean! you can't beat this man as of now. You still have a long way to go to reach his power. As of now prioritized the endangered citizen that evacuated in west gate! I heard they we got a spy among the knights and infiltrated the kingdom. I now task you, as the prince of this country, ensure the citizen safety."

Roseweisse a Yumi Volunteered to helped me and his majesty approved of it.

The two accompanied me to reach the west gate feeling like they are ensuring my safety even though I'm vastly powerful than them.

"Run again, this is the third time I was running and received a goddamn order. I'm sick of not doing anything. They all said that I'm no matched for them, it's so frustrating, damn them! I'm not that weak person to be protected."

As my sight finally reach the west gate, I'm starting to finally get relieved because I can finally start to do my part to help the kingdom.

I finally reached the closed west gate. I didn't have even a slightest of idea what's ahead of this goddamn Iron gate. I cast a spell and finally break the door.

The door destruction created a lot of smokes so I didn't get a better view of the outside so I decided to enter through the wrecked gate.

After I entered, a whole view of a destroyed and currently on fire houses reached my sight. people corpse are piled. Many people and animals perished.

Roseweisse and Yumi are deeply shock from the scenery covering their mouth with hand.

This includes infants, teens, parent, grandparent, pets, and draft animals. Their bodies are covered with blood, some are fresh and some got dried already.

My body is shaking, my mind is starting to collapse. My mind is overfilled with emotions that I can't start to think things normally.

--flashbacks--

(Yeah, Kakakahaha, they're all regretting at the after life as they see their lifeless body laying at the ground with a huge blood spread!)

"How can I forget what the traitor said earlier?"

(Why the hell did you let that happened!? you shit!)

"How did I move so carefree despite of hearing that?"

(I didn't let that happen, I made it happened, Kakahaha!)

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to let you die, forgive me! No, I don't want this"

"Why is this happening to me?"

"I'm so powerful yet I'm so useless to protect them."

"Stop! I don't want it anymore, if this is a dream, someone please wake me up!"

--crying in a desperate and agonized gestures--

"I have no Idea anymore. I don't know, I don't know, please stop this killing already."

as I'm engulfed with negative emotions I started to lose conscious. My body were unstable because of shaking. After that, my mind went black as I have no idea what happens after.

#Roseweisse Perspective/Narration#

Kean was overwhelmed by his overflowing negative emotions, his mind got unconscious but surprisingly, his body stands still. As a minute passed by Kean open his eyes again.

He's acting strangely. Should I confront him? No, probably its best if I leave him alone to adapt to things for now.

*Kean suddenly Laugh with a devilish tone as he's shedding tears*

He suddenly run fast to the ruined plaza and fought every devil that he see, even the devil is living inside the kingdom peacefully.

We quickly followed Kean and keep a track of him. He looks like he's out of control and moving according to his negative emotion instincts. We tried many times to tell him to stop but he seem to not hear our words clearly despite how loud we shouts.

Surprisingly, Yumi shed tears as he see him suffering, I don't have Idea why but I think he cares for him more than I think. His right pupil became red while his left became silver.

A devilish silver colored magic is encircling Kean's body while his sabre producing a scarlet flames.

Surprisingly despite of that monstrous around him, he doesn't produce an aura at all. It's strange because even with a power-level like me, I can produce a light aura even in a one meter radius.

"This is not the time to be thinking of those things, I need to save Kean before he became completely uncontrolled."

Kean started destroying anything he sees, he's starting to become complete monster. Yumi seemed to be starting to get scared and feel helpless when seeing him.

(--I suddenly hit Yumi on her arms--)

"You idiot, why you look a little hopeless. Have faith with him, his your friend, right?"

"He may not look reliable but he's a very strong and passionate person. I believe that he will overcome that monster controlling him, we just need to lend our hand and have patience."

I said with an obviously worried face using a fake smile.

"You're quite an optimistic, aren't you?"

She replied with a hopeless tone.

"I'm not, I just know that Kean won't let us get harmed. After all, we are her precious comrades."

"I'm not sure about that, Roseweisse"

"I don't know if it's right to doubt my precious subordinate, I don't even know why I feel a bit hopeless even I know how strong he is, maybe it's because of what happened long time ago."

Yumi replied.

--A flashback scene--

#Yumi Perspective/Narration#

Me and Aldwyn had a very strong bond, although I'm the tougher one, he also cared for me and protects me whenever I'm the one in need. He's clumsy man and that's why many of his fellow academy student's always made fun of him.

Although he's a lazy ass man, he's indeed an exceptional when it comes to magic and academic subjects, he's always at the top of magic and knowledge class except the physical training class due to his weak and thin body.

Due to him being depressed about his weak body he began to secretly research the formula of dark and demon magics. He secretly do rituals at our house basements that summons a lower demons killing in the barrier and absorbing it's power.

Day by day his body becomes buff and matured, that time I though he's finally reaching his adolescence but his voice are starting to get deeper and the way he thinks is starting to get tilted.

My brother used to say this to me,

(Yumi, even you're older brother is weak and have a thin body, I will always protect the two of you.) --Aldwyn Narration--

"Yumi, even you're older brother is weak and have a thin body, I will always protect the two of you."

--Yumi's Narration--

(Yumi, even you're older brother is weak and have a thin body, I will always protect the two of you.)

--Aldwyn Narration--

"Yumi, I will never let the two of you be hurt by other people."

--Yumi's Narration--

(Yumi, I will never let the two of you be hurt by other people.)

--Aldwyn Narration--

"Yumi, I will find a way to make myself strong so that I can easily protect you from any harm that's coming in the future."

--Yumi's Narration--

(Yumi, I will find a way to make myself strong so that I can easily protect you from any harm that's coming in the future.)

--Aldwyn Narration--

As the months passed by I clearly noticed a complete change of behavior from my brother, he's starting to get violent and even almost killing someone for entertainment and his magic tests.

(-- six months later--)

"Stop this Aldwyn! Enough! Stop this Killing."

I shout very loudly to my older brother overfilled with his demonic powers.

Currently, at this moment, my brother lost himself and become a complete mutated demon. From the word itself, meaning he's no longer a human. All his morals, Ideals, and behavior are completely erased. He's now only a creature who wants nothing but a bursting blood of living things.

"Why older brother harm people, older sister. Mother said it's bad to hurt others, right?"

Octavia said with an innocent face during his infant years.

I covered Octavia's eyes and started to run away, to make my little sister safe from him. He then come towards us with a killing stance.

When we're about to be killed my father protected us, and he's the one been killed by his own son. Leaving his message to us before his death.

"Run and go away, my precious children. Please forgive me and your brother for playing murder, alright? I know someone will help you, just keep moving forward and don't abandon your dreams for the sake of us. Now run with your mother and continue living!"

Father said in his dying moments as he hug his furious son kills him.

We then get to run and reach my mother and began to flee, as we run through the forest, an army of demons are waiting to kill all of us. My mother destruct them all, tasking me to escape with Octavia. I kept crying as I run while my little sister is in complete confusion not knowing how she would react at the current circumstances.

after reaching a town, a church adopt us and let us live in exchange of a bit of labor. After a year, the news reached me stating that my mother body was found in the forest that we fled long time ago. I'm in complete despair and started crying all day and night for a week.

(--Returns to present situation--)

#Roseweisse Perspective/Narration#

"Kean, enough please, I'm begging you. Hear me out, please!"

With the desperate circumstances, I desperately shout the word "Shizu" as she's crying and feeling weak for being useless when the time he most need a helping hand from a friend.

Kean suddenly stops his movement the black marks on his body started to fade slowly and began to fell at the ground.

"What did you do? what the heck is Shizu?"

Yumi asked in a shocked-confused tone.

"Hmm, I don't know, Shizu is a name of his I think first girlfriend, I don't believe it too because he talks about me too long time ago even that time, he's only eight. That time, I just went with the flow of his story because he looks quite passionate about it so I didn't bother."

"but after mentioning Shizu, I think I hit his heart. I'm starting to believe that this Shizu woman existence. Maybe Kean still has a lot of secrets that I didn't know."

I replied with Yumi's question.

"Ahh, lucky for you, whoever you are. If you really exist, I wish I were you so that even only hearing my name, My name will have the ability to make his heart calm"

I said through my mind.

As he's unconscious, Yumi and I kept exchanging the task to carry him whenever one of us feels worn out or hardly catching a breathe.

Meanwhile at the plaza, Crown forces suddenly retreats for an immediate order from the demon high ups. all horde began to retreat saying that the weapon is ready to be fired. Raeven, his parents, me, and Yumi with Kean gather together.

After a minute of gathering Kean finally woke up and calm his emotions a bit. Yumi face is still completely in a state of shock like he can't believe that Kean was able to overcome it.

After the meeting we finally tasked to get groups of elite knights to escort us fleeing the city and start building a refugee at the far north-east. Apparently the last kingdom that standing there was obliterated twenty years ago due to political and military might issues.

As we about to leave the kingdom, a huge meteor showers from the skies are rapidly falling towards us.

#Kean Perspective/Narration#

"Another disaster, one after another, when this will end?"

I said with a exhausted and helpless voice.

Then the king suddenly stand in the front of us creating an eight-layered barrier with a very leader tone as he shouts.

"I am Reign Limniur. As the king of this kingdom, I hereby announced my successor, Kean Limniur to be officially inheriting the throne. Live on and help him rebuild the kingdom, support his Ideals and give him your complete loyalty."

"This will probably my last words but I have no regrets, I lived my life to the best as I can."

I was in complete shocked with the complete admiration from my father in this life. He's truly a magnificent warrior. The feeling of admiration towards him overwhelmed the feeling of sadness knowing that she will perished along with the meteors and this kingdom.

But surprisingly I didn't feel bad at all. I know that this is what he wants, he wanted the safety of his people and the people he cared about.

My mother Elizabeth then instructed me an earth spell to make an underground way. It takes a lot of mana and very exhausting.

When I was about to finish the underground cave, the ground started to melt and began to explode, the ground explodes randomly killing a lot of people.

My mother was the first victim of the explosion, his body was completely vanished.

My chest suddenly feels heavy and I was about to cry from what I saw. I have the clear view of mother smile and leadership before she was annihilated without a remains.

I started to cry and starting to breakdown again. Lots of things happened within a day and lots of the people dies within my sight without having to do anything to help them.

I saw father crying too, but he's forcing himself to not cry and control his emotions because even with a slight focus of concentration the barrier will get cancelled and a lot more people will die.

"Kean, Pull yourself together! it's not the right time to be crying and feeling hopeless! I now changed my orders from saving them all to saving all you can save!"

Father said with a still leader tone as he shed tears due to my mother's horrible death.

I started to notice that everyone is finally accepted their fate. They encouraged me to flee with all I can only save. Due to Lack of mana and exhaustion I can carry only three people at most.

I let Roseweisse enter my spatial magic to the south-east coast first so that she can start building a staying home for the meantime there and look for help. Then I noticed that Yumi is missing.

After a brief moment of worrying where is she. I began to see her running with carrying her  younger sister. As she comes towards me her eyes suddenly began blinking and started to fell out of balance. She fell unconscious at the ground but still, she's hugging her sister tightly due to instinct of protecting her.

The barrier collapsed as my father mana were all consumed and depleted. he then die with a proud smiles. He then stared at me expressing like "I'm leaving everything to you, my son.".

The tragic sight of all my love ones starting to get perished one by one are buried inside my mind and I know it will hunt me for a very long time.

"Why is this happening to me? Everything is fine yesterday, how did it come to this disaster?"

I cried and shed a lot of tears as I see all of them die, my father was hit by meteor and vanished. I can't seem to think well anymore.

But then, when a meteor is coming towards Yumi and his sister. The smiles of the faces of those people who believe in me slaps me. I suddenly run to Yumi and her sister. I began to carry them and run through the spatial magic that I made.

"I won't let you die, I can't have anyone dying on me anymore. please!"

"I will protect you even it cost my entire life."

After we entered the portal I, too began to lose my consciousness after reaching the south east coast. Luckily, Roseweisse already made a home using earth magic and took care of three of us.

As I woke up, Yumi was sleeping at the chair close to me with her head laying at my chest.

"I'm so glad, you're finally awaked, Kean. I'm so worried"

Yumi said as she cries due to gratefulness.

"Sorry for doubting you. Sorry!"

Yumi continuously cried out of joy that I finally woke up.

After her long cry, she then hug me tightly with and hold my hand. I can't seem to find the right response so I stayed silent and let her express the feelings she's holding inside.

"Don't make us worry like that again, Idiot."

She then lay beside me embracing me tightly, as I felt her warmness, I started to feel calm.

I shed tears silently as I remember all the precious people I cared about die one after another on a  single day.

I began to hug her back and started sleeping again.

-END OF THE CHAPTER 3-

 

If there's a grammatical error, please let me know. If you have any suggestion about my story, feel free to comment it. If this chapter captured your heart, support me by clicking the thumbs up button. Additionally, to help the author reach it's targeted audience, share it to your friends and family!

You can also support by donating even cents, any writing materials or knowledge about how can I improve my writing. Readers' support is what makes the writer motivated. Thank you very much and have a great day!

Who do you think should be the one hugging him right now, Roseweisse or Yumi?
  • Yumi Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roseweisse Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0