Chapter 3- A Subconscious Act
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3- A Subconscious Act

He was no fool. 

No one dared to call him one either. 

He had been praised for having been born with a one-in-a-million talent. He was born a prodigy. He had taken the throne and ruled over the whole demon realm at 17.

Everyone feared him and didn't dare question his authority. This earned him the moniker "Wicked monarch."

His vast experience told him that his personal servant was up to something.

Forgetting an important task all of a sudden, eavesdropping on his conversation with the Wu Qing and even daring to spill the tea on him. 

It's impossible for him not to be suspicious of her. 

All these signs led him to the conclusion that his servant, Ming Huan, had been possessed. Was there anything else that could explain it? 

-----

The news that Ming Huan is ill came from a servant as he was waiting for her to bring breakfast again, wondering why she was so late. He pondered at that. In order to expose her true identity, he had a plan in place. However, it was of no use now. 

It didn't take long for him to realize he had been caught in a blatant lie. 

It is impossible for demons to fall ill! 

Demons were not susceptible to illness and were born resistant. Demons had a powerful body system that distinguished them from humans. 

She dared to be so arrogant! As if possessing his servant's body was not enough, she even dared to lie! 

He slammed his fist against the table. It would be such a shame if he didn't visit her personally!

-----

Fraudulently lying about being ill to gain attention. What about it? Other than this audacious method, she had nothing else up her sleeve. It was impossible for the demon king not to visit her if she pretended to be sick. However, who knows what would happen? Perhaps she will succeed. 

But to think that her outrageous approach would actually work! But not in the way she had expected it to... 

The demon king sat on the table, sipping tea gracefully and waiting for her explanation. 

She shivered as the demon king spoke, but his words were sufficient to make her heart skip a beat.

"I must have been too soft on you. You have dared to lie to me." 

As she struggled to find an adequate, believable explanation, she momentarily blurted out, "Just wanting attention is all there is, really." 

As she snapped out of her subconscious, the truth hit her.

The demon king: "....!?!!??"

Ming Huan: "....." 

For a second, he didn't say anything, wondering if he had heard right. Neither of them dared to say anything, Until the demon king finally spoke first, stammering from surprise and sheer disbelief in his tone. 

"So...You want my...attention? You c-"

"NO!" She snapped, before he could even finish talking. 

Internally, She spewed hundreds of creative curses that would put even the worst of thugs to shame. She gripped the teacup in her hands, where a small crack was already beginning to form along its edge. 

There was no madness in the demon king - he was only surprised.  

As she cursed and cursed, the demon king's red and flushed ear tips went unnoticed. 

-To be Continued-   

        

0