Chapter 2 – A Strange New World
421 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stephan could only find 6 survivors besides himself, from a plane carrying over 200 people!

There was the pilot, but he was too heavily injured and died as the survivors tried to excavate him from the wreckage. 

It appeared only the younger people survived as nobody over 50 were among the survivors. 

But even then, many of them had broken arms or legs. Only Stephan and two others, a young college student and a stewardess had their bodies intact. 

There was a military guy, who said he was the covert air martial on the plane, as a precaution to stop terrorists, who had lost his right arm in the crash. 

There was another stewardess, who was badly burned in the crash, laying unconscious and wrapped up in bandages after they put out the fire and ripped off her blazing clothes. She suffered 3rd degree burns all over, and it was unclear if she would survive another night. 

Then there were the siblings, a brother and sister, who had visited their grandparents. The brother was 18 years old taking care of his 14 year old sister. The brother's right leg was broken, and the sister's both arms were broken. 

Stephan looked at them and hoped that the rescuers would come soon. But then again, this didn't look like any part of the United States. Were they in a national park of some sort?

It appeared that the plants looked tropical, and did not match the climate of the area they were supposed to be in. 

They gathered by a fire as those that were able bodied searched the wreckage for anything they could use. 

"Help! She's not breathing" the sister of the siblings started yelling, as the burnt stewardess lay still, after convulsing for a brief moment and expiring before her eyes

Stephan and the other stewardess came running, but they knew it was too late, as the stewardess teared up on losing her workmate. 

The survivors sighed, some even cried and Stephan looked in the sky as it was getting dark and wondered where the hell they were. 

"Look!" the brother of the siblings yelled, pointing into the sky at the rising moon. 

They looked at the rising moon before it occurred to them, the moon was already high in the sky!

This was ANOTHER moon, making it two. 

"This.... this is not Earth, is it?" the sister asked, starting to tear up in fear

Her brother remained silent as the rest felt a creepy sensation there was no going home. No one was coming to rescue them! 

Just then, there was the howl of a wolf, followed by more howls from several more wolves!

And the scary part was, the howls didn't come from a distance, but from nearby. 

Stephan and the stewardess had only been looking for food and medical supplies, they didn't look for weapons

Suddenly, they realized that the college student, the only other able bodied person besides Stephan and the stewardess hadn't come back yet. 

They started pointing the flashlights they found, that they had given out among themselves, into the trees and were shocked!

The whole area was surrounded by at least 15 wolves, who were busy eating the multiple dead and burnt bodies all over the forest!

Attracted by the light, the wolves stopped eating and started approaching the survivors. 

Stephan and the rest picked up sticks that they had been using to poke around the dead for supplies. 

Just then a shot fired out at the wolves!

"Get out of here!" the air marshal yelled at the wolves. 

The air marshal was holding a handgun, pointing at the wolves with his remaining left hand, trying to scare the wolves away. 

But the wolves had never encountered man before and were not afraid of the gunshot. 

Instead, they growled and started approaching closer. 

"Damn it!" the man yelled and aimed his gun at the closest wolf

*Bang* he shot it from close range

The wolf recoiled for a moment, after being hit on the chest, but still charged as the others followed it

They hunted savagely, immediately pouncing on the survivors, several at the same time. 

The brother tried to protect his sister but was immediately brought down and torn apart. 

His sister fared no better, screaming in pain as the wolves ripped her flesh

The air marshall emptied his gun at the wolves, but one managed to bite down on his hand while another bit his leg, and yet another bit his groin, bringing him down. 

The stewardess swung her stick and missed as three wolves jumped on her and tore into her flesh

Stephan himself was lucky he managed to find his chef knives that he had as check in luggage and had taken out a kitchen knife and a cleaver. 

Having worked as a butcher in his parent's factory from young, learning the trade, he was quite the expert in taking apart carcasses and was familiar with where to cut to avoid bone and separate limbs

But this was the first time he has used it in a fight, but he managed to injure a wolf badly, forcing it to retreat and jam his knife into the throat of another. 

But a third bit his leg, causing him to stumble to the ground as another jumped on him

He managed to stab it with his knife, using his cleaver to fend off another. 

His adrenaline had kicked in, making him forget all his pain as he tried to rescue the stewardess, who had her face already ripped off and blinded, barely breathing from holes where her nose was

The siblings were already town apart, as they lay in pieces, dead as the wolves took their pieces away

By this time, the air marshal had managed to kill two wolves with his gun, but he had run out of bullets and could not reload with only one hand. 

But he was badly injured as a wolf had badly wounded his hand holding the gun, and his leg could not stand anymore. Besides that, he was panting in pain as another wolf had completely bitten his penis and testicles off. 

Stephan looked in horror, realizing many animals usually go for the face and the groin, and he was about to die. 

A wolf jumped at his face, but he blocked with his cleaver, getting his arm bitten. 

It was then that he screamed in pain, as another wolf bit his balls. 

He chopped at the head of the wolf, breaking it's skull after several blows of the cleaver, barely missing chopping down on his own groin.

Not having the time to push of the wolf, another one attacked his face again. 

Stephan snapped. If he was going to die, he would take as many with him as he could. 

He had already killed at least 3 wolves, so he might as well take as many as he could

He stabbed the wolf that jumped on him several times, ignoring the wolf biting his shoulder and clawing his body. 

"Fuck you... fuck you... fuck you!" he yelled as the wolf bit down and refused to let go

He reached into the hole in the chest of the wolf, and like the game Mortal Combat, he ripped out the beating heart of the wolf!

"Raaaaar!" he roared, holding the heart in the air like he won a medal, while the dead wolf remained clamped shut on his shoulder

It was then that another wolf jumped on him as he raised his other hand to block. 

The wolf bit his hand savagely, puncturing his muscle and bone, causing him to fall backwards over a protruding root of a tree

As he landed on the ground, the ground gave way as he fell into a hole in the ground

--

Stephan opened his one still functioning eye, and groaned as his whole body was wrecked in pain, even worse than before

He was fortunate as the bodies of the two wolves broke his fall. But he still broke his bones from the fall

He had vision in only one eye and found that the other one was bleeding profusely. His right eardrum had been perforated and couldn't hear a thing

He looked in horror as his left leg was bent and pointing the wrong direction as his broken bone was sticking out of his torn flesh.

His arm that was still stuck in a dead wolf's jaws was broken and dangling by a thin strand of flesh

The dead wolf that had it's jaws clamped on his shoulder had split in half, but it's severed head was still clamped to his flesh

It was hard to stay awake as his severe blood loss was intensive and there wasn't enough to pump through his body and to his brain.

In fact, his heart was pumping so fast, because not enough oxygen was going to his body, he felt his heart would stop soon. 

He knew he was dying. Most of all, he missed Natalie. He wished he could have kissed her one last time. He wished he could have said goodbye one last time

He started to close his eye, wishing that Natalie will have a good life without him

Just then, he heard a noise and struggled to turn his head. 

It was then that he noticed a skeleton seated not far away from him!

It didn't look human as it had horns on it's skull, and six arms and sat in a crossed arm and leg position. 

Was it a dragon? Maybe a demon? Stephan couldn't tell at all. 

It appeared to have been meditating for a long time until it simply died from old age. 

"What on earth could get someone to meditate to death?" he thought. 

It was at that moment, that the skeleton toppled over, and what looked like a glowing gem fell out of it's mouth!

It was bright purple and spherical as it rolled towards Stephan, barely out of his reach. 

He could easily have reached for it with his closest hand, but it was badly broken, not that he could move it anyway.

The other hand was still grasping at the dead wolf's heart, but was on the other side of him. 

Suddenly, it floated in the air and levitated above his face

[Do you want immortality?] he heard in his head

It was perhaps in a different language, but he could hear it in English, or at least he understood it perfectly somehow

Thinking it was probably a hallucination, the desperate vision of a dying man, he simply nodded

Suddenly, the orb entered his head, but nothing happened. He didn't feel anything. 

"I knew it was a vision. I'm definitely dying" Stephan thought as he closed his one good eye. 

Somehow he was feeling hungry, even over all his many terrible injuries

Without thinking, he ate the heart in his hand. 

 

7