Chapter 3 – Reawakening
373 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stephan opened his eyes again. What was going on? Isn't he dead?

He looked at his leg. It was still broken and facing the wrong way, and his arm was still broken at a 90 degree angle too. 

But... they seemed to have been reattached somehow. His bones weren't sticking out of his skin. 

In fact, his skin and flesh seemed intact, only his bones broken!

And he was actually seeing his injuries with both his eyes! And his heart seemed to be pumping at a normal rate as all his open wounds had already been closed, besides the ones where the dead wolves' fangs were still impaled in his shoulder and his arm

"What... what is going on? How long have I been out? Nevertheless, it is impossible for me to heal these injuries, no matter how long" he thought to himself as he used his uninjured hand to pry apart both wolf jaws

He started bleeding again, as it seemed his flesh had healed over the fangs of the wolves

"This is... impossible" he thought, looking at his injures

"How did it.. what was I doing before this?" he thought to himself

Suddenly, he remembered. He crawled over to his discarded cleaver nearby and picked it up

Then he crawled over to the dead wolf that had bitten his hand and started chopping through it's ribcage. 

Reaching in, he desperately looked for the heart before pulling it out!

It had already started decaying, but nevertheless he chomped down like eating an apple

Instantly, he felt stronger and his leg and arm started healing. 

He had to hold them in place to heal properly and he realized the fang marks had already healed. 

--

It took him a hour to climb out of the hole in the ground. 

He wasn't an expert climber, but he knew he had to, otherwise he would die there, even if all his wounds were healed. 

He had his cleaver tucked behind his belt as a weapon just in case the wolves were still there. 

He arrived at the place where the survivors had gathered. 

He looked around and found that the wolves had fled, taking several human bodies away, but leaving their own pack members behind

He saw that he had killed several wolves, around 5 of them. The marshal had shot 3 dead

But besides him, everyone else was dead. 

The marshal lay on the ground, both legs torn off and his remaining left arm was missing too. He also had a huge chuck of flesh bitten out of his neck and his pants were bitten open and only a large open wound could be seen at his groin

The stewardess was nearby, without a face. Her dress had been ripped open, revealing her naked chest and half eaten breast as her bra had been ripped off too. 

The siblings were in many pieces. The wolves left the burnt stewardess behind. 

The only one missing was the college student. But presuming he was dead, Stephen was the last one left alive from the whole plane!

Without delay he started extracting the hearts of the dead wolves, eating them greedily as he knew the longer he waited, the more the hearts would decompose. 

He felt his body feeling more alive and revitalized with each heart. 

Then he looked at the dead bodies of the plane crash. Although the thought of cannibalism disgusted him, he knew he had to do all he could to survive and went about extracting the human hearts before burying their dead bodies in a mass grave. 

It took him nearly 2 days to recover all the bodies to collect their hearts and bury, not only those of the survivors, but also the other dead crash victims. 

He also found the body of the other college student, already half eaten by the wolves. 

Being familiar with the slaughtering and butchering of animals from his parent's factory, he had a rough idea of how long it took for a carcass to go through rigor mortis and then to decompose. 

Because of that, although he wasn't a doctor, he could roughly guess that the crash occurred sex days ago, meaning he was in the cave for three days, being unconscious and to recover. 

But what was strange was that he recovered in the first place, from eating hearts. 

Such a complete recovery should not be possible, even with the best modern medical science. 

Not only that, with each heart, he felt his vitality go up. It's not as if he had become immortal, but he somehow felt that he could live longer. 

Perhaps he was taking away the lifespan of the wolves and humans whose hearts he ate?

He also started realizing that his senses had improved, as his sense of hearing, sight and smell was on a different level now. 

Perhaps he had gotten the abilities of a wolf?

For now, he had to figure out if it was possible to go back home. 

He salvaged what he could in a suitcase, keeping all the clothes he could find that fit, from the broken luggage strewn all over for over 2 kilometers of the forest. 

He even tried using a bra as a weapon to fling stones after someone told him a story of a man using a bra to fling coconuts. Unfortunately, it wasn't possible as the bras he found were perhaps not elastic enough, or he just doesn't know how to use a sling. 

--

Several weeks passed and Stephan was downhearted as he had no idea if he would ever get home. 

He had already figured out his abilities after hunting for several weeks. 

Fortunately, this planed was very much like Earth, only with no human inhabitants. 

All the animals seemed to be like that of earth, which was fortunate because he didn't know what he would do if he faced dragons or other such monsters. 

He hunted smaller animals at first, and noticed he acquired their abilities when he ate their hearts

Unlike getting all the abilities, his body remained human, meaning that he could not grow wings or fly as he had no wings. He could only improve the abilities of the parts he did already have

Rabbits and other rodents were his meal, as he decided to play it safe rather than hunt dangerous creatures at first.

Using human traps, he caught small rodents and birds.

From the rodents, he became more agile and was able to climb trees the way they did. His teeth also became much harder and was able to gnaw on wood and nuts without damage to his teeth

From the birds, he couldn't fly. But his eyesight improved and he could move his arms at an incredible rate.

He then managed to hunt a skunk, managing to kill it before it sprayed him, using the hunting abilities of the wolf and the intelligence of man

But he found out that he could spray his own smelly funk from his ass!

He noticed it when he accidentally sprayed while taking a dump!

It was different from the smell a skunk makes, but was made from the chemicals his body already produced.

It was incredibly smelly nonetheless

It was so pungent, he had to evacuate from that part of the forest.

He ate a giant anteater, and found that his fingernails became extremely hard and sharp

When he finally managed to leave the forest, he hunted jackrabbits

Even with the running speed of a wolf, he struggled to catch them.

Only when he used a trap that he succeeded in catching the first one

After that, his speed improved so much he could run as fast as them to catch them.

He started realizing that he couldn't stack one ability over another, no matter the number of animals. 

For example, he couldn't run as fast as a wolf and a jackrabbit

However, he could match the fastest one of the two, or any other animal faster than this. 

7