Chapter 4 – Running With The Bulls
391 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He started hunting larger prey. Although he ate the hearts of the animals he hunted raw, he still ate the rest of the creatures, using his chef skills the best he could to make a delicious meal, even if he had no spices or herbs

Now, he wanted to eat a steak. 

Although there were no domesticated cows, he encountered a herd of wild buffalo in the plains.

He found out early on, he had the senses and physical abilities of a wolf and the speed of a jackrabbit, but he underestimated how strong and powerful the bulls of the buffalo were. 

They scattered as soon as they discovered him and he gave chase, now being able to run as fast as a jackrabbit. 

But it seemed that one of the bulls stayed behind and as he chased, suddenly he found a huge bull charging at him. 

He barely managed to jump out of the way as the bull adeptly turned to charge again. 

Stephan jumped in the air, following a bullfight he saw in Spain when he worked in Europe, and plunged his knife into the bull's back

The bull roared as Stephan held on, not letting go of his knife as bullfighters do. 

He now knew why the bullfighters stuck their swords but didn't hold on to it.

The bull was tougher than he imagined, and was unable to push the knife in further as he landed on the bull's back. 

While he rode the bull, he took out his cleaver and chopped the bull's tough skull

The bull fell and flipped over, landing on top of Stephan, crushing his body. 

Stephan felt the whole 2000 plus pounds of weight crushing his abdomen, crushing his ribs as the bull scrambled to get up, trampling on Stephan's legs and breaking them 

The bull got up, and while still injured in the head from the cleaver, it started goring it's horns into Stephan. 

Stephan screamed in pain, and grabbed on to the horns of the bull. 

He had lost his knife and cleaver in the fall, and though he held on to the horns of the bull, he was helpless from the bull ramming it's whole head with it's bodyweight into Stephan, smashing his internal organs. 

The bull tried to ram him again, but Stephan managed to push himself out of the way desperately

But he wasn't able to get to his weapons, and was underneath the bull's neck.

Without hesitation, he bit into the bull's neck, chomping down on it's artery

The bull roared in anger, and trashed around, it's front legs trampling on Stephan's lower body, groin and legs, but he held on. 

He reached into the bull's neck with his hand and clawed his fingernails inside the bull's neck

His fingernails were now as hard and sharp as a giant anteaters' claws and he ripped the insides of the bull's throat and neck. 

Before long, the bull dropped dead as Stephan's claws ripped through it's whole neck including the spine, effectively cutting the head off. 

It's weight slumped right on Stephan, crushing him underneath. 

He couldn't move and was quickly weakening. How was he going to reach it's heart?

He rolled the head off his body, but his legs and groin were underneath bull's body

With his hand inside the bull's neck, rammed it into it's abdomen ripping and pulling all the went and slimy parts, hoping to reach it's heart while it was still pumping. 

That was the only way he could identify it, since he was stuck and unable to move. 

Finally, he reached the heart, which was beating it's last beat and grabbed the large thing, which was larger than his hand and yanked it out through the throat before putting it into his mouth. 

This was what he hunted for. He could cook the rest of the bull, but the heart, he needed to eat raw as soon as he could. 

He felt a surge of strength and energy enter him the moment he swallowed the first bite. 

With a sudden surge in strength, he pushed the bull's body off him relatively easily and rested on the ground. 

He could feel his ribs and internal organs recovering inside his flesh and lay there eating the rest of the heart. 

--

He spent a few days killing the buffalo on the plains. After the first bull, he found killing the others easier. 

Not to say that he was vastly superior, but he could fight them at least as equals

He hunted for a new buffalo every few days, eating their hearts and even drinking their milk directly from the udders of their sows. 

As a chef, he experimented making different dishes, from stews to steaks, using whatever plants he could find and experimenting on them. 

Fortunately, he managed to salvage a pan and a pot from the wrecked first class cabin. Too bad all the wine bottles were shattered. 

He even managed to save a few can drinks, dented and bent though they were. 

And while some of the plants appeared unfamiliar, there were enough familiar plants from Earth that he could gather to use as vegetables and spices.

Because, if God is is witness, his shit certainly smelled like he needed more greens in his diet.  

By now, he was pretty much as strong as an average bull. He thought he was strong enough to hunt indiscriminately. 

That was, until he faced the alpha bull, who was larger and stronger than the others

He knew by now that he would become as strong only as the strongest creature he hunted, so killing and eating this alpha bull was his target. 

He charged directly at first, but was easily overpowered by the much stronger bull, and he managed to jump and dodge after engaging. 

The bull continued charging at him, but the leaping and running ability of the jack rabbit gave him the speed and agility advantage. 

The used hit and run tactics, clawing the bull as it ran by and creating deep gashes in it's body. 

They battled like this for hours before the bull slowly tired from exhaustion. 

Finally, Stephan went in for the kill, slicing the bull's throat and letting it bleed out until it collapsed

Sitting while leaning on the bull's carcass, he ate the heart happily, knowing that the stronger the creature he ate, the stronger he would be

If he was going to survive in this world, he would become the strongest there is. 

--

He saw trout swimming up a river and decided to try to eat the fish's heart. 

Catching one wasn't difficult and he immediately ripped through the fish. 

The fish's heart was smaller than that of a mammal, so he simply ate the whole fish raw.

Then, he jumped into the river and plunged his head into the water. 

"Blergh" he came out, coughing and spitting water. 

He had wanted to see if he could breath underwater, but he couldn't as his body did not have any gills, and could not grow some. 

He was disappointed as if he could breathe underwater, there was no limit where he could go to. 

But then again, that was the same as flying, which he had already tested and failed after eating birds. He just couldn't grow parts that he did not have, nor simulate them with other parts of his body that didn't suit the purpose.  

He sighed and decided to go for a swim to wash up as he has been covered in blood and dirt for weeks now. 

Stripping off his clothes, he dove into the water naked. 

As he swam in the river, he found that although he couldn't breathe underwater, his body could move like a fish and he could swim as fast as a fish!

So eating the trout wasn't useless after all!

He resurfaced and was shocked to see a large grizzly rummaging its head through his luggage.

On the head of the bear was the pair of panties that Stephan kept, not that he knew who the owner was on the plane, but because it reminded him of Natalie, who had a similar pair at home. 

"Hey! Get out of there!" he yelled, hoping to scare the bear off. 

The bear looked at him and growled, standing on it's two hind legs. 

"It's on!" Stephan said, itching for a fight. 

With the strength of a powerful bull, he wanted to test out his strength on a grizzly bear.

7