Arc 5: Chapter 5: Elimination
162 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

4 years have passed since Merlin last came to SHIELD's European branch.

The one who welcomed him was the cowboy-like agent John Garrett, this Fury's companion was now a level-5 agent, he's currently the supervisor of the European branch, with over 4000 agents spread across Europe and an elite strike team under his wing.

As Merlin brought the young wizards to the base, Garrett had already made preparations against the danger.

"I received Fury's call and authorization last night and I mustered up all the people I can use."

In the entrance of the large basement under the base, Garrett in his black op uniform says to Merlin:

"500 fully armed combatants, all loaded with the holy silver bullets you made, along with all sorts of heavy weaponry; this much is enough to invade Buckingham Palace, let alone an odd underground facility."

"Hah, I'm not bringing you to 'meet' the Queen."

Merlin reaches out and strikes Garrett's chest.

He glances at the agents checking their equipment in the basement, the black infantry fighting vehicles, and the heavy machine guns loaded on top of those vehicles, as well as the destructive heavy weapons being carried into those vehicles.

This scene was shocking enough. At least, the four young wizards were stunned.

It was rare to see so many combatants in one place in the wizarding world. And only now did the young wizards realize what the 'reinforcements' Merlin meant was.

To be honest, the young wizards had initially thought that Merlin would bring a small elite team to help them just as he did in New York. But now it seems that Merlin plans not of playing cat and mouse with the Death-Eaters.

He's going to use firepower unimaginable by wizards to start a war.

This was very different from the 'war' that the young wizards had in mind!

"Merlin, this..."

A worried Hermione grabs Merlin's arm, as wise as she was, she could no longer tell how things were going to go.

"Don't fret."

Merlin turns around, he looks at the four young wizards and says:

"We're not very familiar with magic, trying to defeat those dark wizards with magic is akin to suicide. So we have to drag them into a field that we're familiar with but they're not, and beat them in our way."

"I know what you're worried about, but there are plenty of things in the world more dangerous than magic..."

Merlin looks at Hermione and says:

"I trust that in the right moment, a flying bullet is enough to deal with Voldemort."

"Ron, have Mr. Arthur and the other members of the Order of the Phoenix arrived?"

Merlin looks at Ron, Ron immediately retracts his finger from the heavy machine gun and says:

"Father says that they've already reached London and are currently trying to disable the detection ward around London to give us an opportunity into the Ministry of Magic."

"Good!"

Merlin then turns his gaze to the quiet white-haired girl, her name was Luna, one of Harry's friends.

"Harry, are you scared?"

"No, I'm not scared!"

Harry tightly holds onto his wand, the 17-year-old young man tells Merlin:

"I don't want to see anyone else die because of me, let's end this all, Mr. Merlin."

"Alright!"

Merlin reaches out and pats the child's shoulder, saying:

"I need you and the members of the order of the Phoenix to act as guides and bring the assault team into all crucial positions of the Ministry of Magic; we have to clean out the Ministry of Magic quickly and cut off the Death-Eater's headquarters, we then gather those Death-Eaters together and...finish them all off!"

Merlin lifts his wrist and looks at the time, he turns back and tells Garrett:

"Garrett, prepare our warriors, we'll enter the battle through a different method."

"Kack"

Garrett turns off the safety on his carbine and looks back at Merlin:

"Airborne? Or ground assault?"

"Nope."

Merlin lets out an odd smile and says:

"We enter by the fireplace!"


"Are you sure this will work? Merlin."

In a quaint manor in Paris, the fully armed Garrett with a helmet looks at the burning fireplace with an odd expression, he holds the carbine rifle and looks at Merlin, who is tidying up his equipment.

He says:

"My God, I never knew fireplaces had a different use aside from keeping me warm and acting as an Itachi's nest."

"This is what's magical about magic, Garrett, open your eyes wide and see."

Merlin grabs a handful of Floo powder from the bowl, he looks back at Ron, the latter is currently contacting his father through his phone:

"Hello? Dad, you done over there?" 

Ron shouts at the phone, a few seconds later, some noise resounds from the phone, it was Mr. Arthur's gentle voice.

"Oh look, these muggles sure are smart, they did what magic could not with technology! But who can tell me how I use this thing? Which button do I press? Oh! It's made a sound! How magical...Ron? Ron! Son, can you hear me?"

"We hear you, dad."

Ron looks around awkwardly and asks in a lowered tone:

"Has the detection ward been deactivated?"

"We just dealt with it!"

Mr. Arthur says on the phone:

"But only for 10 to 15 minutes, they'll send someone to fix this, where are you? Where are the reinforcements?"

Merlin reaches and takes Ron's phone, he says:

"Mr. Arthur, this is Merlin. I need you to head to the Ministry of Magic's main hall as quickly as you can, we'll meet up there."

"Mmm, got it."

Mr. Arthur exhorts:

"Merlin, be careful, the Ministry of Magic is crawling with Death-Eaters now, they're dangerous."

"We're dangerous too."

Merlin throws the Floo powder into the fireplace, and as the green flames flickered, he says softly:

"To be real, the ones who should be careful aren't us. Mr. Arthur, the time to counter-attack has come, I pray that you won't show mercy to those Death-Eaters when you kill them."

Merlin hangs the call, he then turns and says to Garrett and the dozens of agents behind him:

"I'll head over first, come along after 3 minutes."

"Mmm!"

Garrett holds his helmet and says seriously:

"be careful yourself."

"Mmm."

Merlin nods, and as the surprised Garrett and agents watched, he steps forward; in the distorted flames of the fireplace, Merlin vanishes while enshrouded in the vortex-like glow.

It was like he had stepped into the fire and a different world.

"Magic..."

Garrett sees this and instinctively strokes the metal wound in his waist as a glittering light shines in his eyes.

If magic truly exists, does that mean that wounds incurable with modern medical technologies can be healed through magic?

If that's the case, then perhaps his future won't be gloomy.

His life...

Will no longer be waiting for death in despair, but there will be another way out.

On the other side, in the nauseous aftereffects of using the Floo Network, Merlin instantly crosses thousands of miles and appears in the hall of the British Ministry of Magic; as he appears, he instantly gets into his Shadow Cloak since no one can detect him at first with the detection ward deactivated.

After Voldemort's rise, there had been 90% fewer wizards that come to the Ministry of Magic, any good and normal person would not want to be involved with those mad Death-Eaters, thus the atmosphere in the Ministry of Magic was rather empty with only a dozen people moving about.

Merlin reaches and takes out the combat knife from his waist as he contemplates the wizards in the hall, he knows that there are not many differences between Death-Eaters and regular wizards, only that they have a dark mark on their arms.

A mark about a skull entangled by snakes.

Merlin could easily differentiate who to kill with those marks.

He quietly approaches a wizard standing in the corner and goes behind him.

"Pu"

The combat knife smeared with Hamaya Ointment easily tears through a wizard's Protego, the sharp blade enters the brain from the back of the neck and instantly kills the wizard.

This was the first.

His body aerosolizes into black fog and floats into the air, under his Shadow Cloak, he quickly storms up to the second floor and punches the back of a dark wizard's knee, forcing him to collapse; he then covers his mouth and stabs the knife from the wizard's jaw into the brain.

Second one.

He takes off the automatic sniper rifle from his back, sets it up on this high vantage point, and aims it at the furthest dark wizard.

Merlin quietly estimates the time and instantly pulls the trigger just as it's nearly been 3 minutes.

"Bang"

The holy silver bullet flies from the muzzle and strikes the wizard's Protego and shatters it, the second bullet soon follows and hits its mark, which also causes the wizard's head to explode like a watermelon.

The third one.

The loud bang immediately reveals Merlin's position and lets the other dark wizards in the hall realize that there's been an invasion.

"Over there!'

"He's there! Kill him!"

Then, in the noisy shouts of the wizards, dozens of dangerous spells are cast at the corner where Merlin was, but he had aerosolized first and levitated in the air.

"Bang Bang Bang Bang"

Time's scarce, so Merlin no longer hides.

He materializes his upper body and under the lock-on of his dark senses, he rapidly fired his sniper rifle; the flying bullets broke some of the dark wizards' Protego and forced them to dodge.

"Swish"

As the wizards were being suppressed, dozens of agents armed with carbines appeared in the hall from the burning fireplace.

The muggle agents were pressured greatly by their first time using the Floor Network made them feel like they'd been thrown into a washing machine for dozens of washes.

But the experienced warriors still landed on their feet and immediately notices the ensuing battle.

Garrett, who was the only one to fall on the floor, resisted the nauseous feeling and the pain in his stomach as he raised his carbine and pulled the trigger at the nearest wizard.

"Bang Bang Bang"

Dozens of bullets easily break through Protego and tear the unlucky dark wizard into shreds from behind.

Garrett's attack was like a signal, as noisy gunfire proceeded to fill the air, causing this somewhat quiet atmosphere to become noisy.

Agents were rushing into the hall from the burning fireplace behind Garrett every second, seeing as the agents now have the absolute advantage, Merlin no longer holds back.

He levitates in the air and keeps his sniper rifle, he then takes something heavy from his spatial pocket.

It was a black anti-tank RPG, a real heavy weapon.

Merlin carries it on his shoulder and aims at the corner where the dark wizards are holding up, and as he pulls the trigger, a heated and flashing red light soars out from the launch tube.

The destructive weapon let out a weird roar as it pounced toward the ground from above, and as agent Garrett watched, a clump of fire bursts in the corner of the room as hundreds of shrapnel tear apart all living beings around it.

The dark wizards holed up there are probably goners.

"Dear Merlin!"

A few minutes later, the other wizards of the Order of the Phoenix arrive in the hall of the Ministry of Magic, they then see a battlefield-like scene, the once majestic statue in the corner had collapsed, blood and empty shell cases were littering the floor, and there was a pungent smell in the air.

In front of Mr. Arthur, hundreds of agents in black op uniforms were operating, they stacked the dark wizard's corpses to the side and fiddled with a lot of destructive-looking weaponry, seeming like they wanted to destroy this place.

"Scan the building with infrared, shoot if anything occurs! No prisoners!"

Garrett was shouting at the squad leaders:

"Do your best not to dogfight with these magic-using lunatics, do not hesitate to use bazookas if they can deal with the problem! Safety first, got it? Lads."

"Mr. Arthur, you're a bit slow."

Merlin looks back at the wizards and waves his hand at Mr. Arthur and Mdm. Molly, the young children also rush to their families' side.

"The Death-Eaters just organized a counter-attack, but we stopped them using heavy weapons."

Merlin says to Arthur in a serious tone:

"We're here to end the problem once and for all, now I need you to act as guides and bring our agents to capture or kill all the dark wizards that are hidden in this facility. The Aurors of the Magical Congress have locked down the space of the Ministry of Magic, but we've not found the control center to the Floor Network, where is it?"

"Underground 6th floor!"

Mr. Arthur looks at the shocking blood stains and shattered corpses across the floor and was nauseous.

Even if a battle between wizards results in death, there would not be such a bloody scene, but these muggles...from their bloodlust appearance, they surely do not come in peace.

But luckily, they're on the Order of the Phoenix's side.

"There's a Floo Network Center in the office of the Ministry of Magic's Department of Transportation, I'll take you there!"

A black wizard in a blue robe tells Merlin:

"Come with me!"

"Garrett!"

Merlin turns back and shouts at the senior agent:

"Begin elimination combat! The wizards of the Order of the Phoenix will take you and look for the hidden Death-Eaters, those lunatics deserve no mercy, so..."

"Kill them all!"

 

8