Arc 5: Chapter 6: Muggles’ Fury
114 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Bang Bang Bang"

Outside the office of the Minister of the Ministry of Magic, several gunshots were heard before the office door was pushed open.

A corpse with half his head gone collapses onto the floor, the disgusting blood mixed with white stuff stained the expensive floormat into a mess.

Agent Garrett reloads his gun as he entered the luxuriously decorated office, behind him, several heavily armed agents have completely cleaned out the underground first floor of the Ministry of magic.

The Ministry of Magic was built underground with ten whole floors, each floor responsible for different duties, they managed the British Wizarding World like so.

But the Death-Eaters who've occupied this place clearly lacked interest in managing the cumbersome documents, so they were mainly gathered on the first, second, and sixth floors underground.

That was the main focus of the assault team.

They had perfectly executed Merlin's strategy, they didn't prolong their fight with the dark wizards.

A full salvo if there is a problem, grenade launchers and RPGs if bullets don't do the trick, and if anti-tank rockets don't do the trick, use dozens of grenades to destroy and bury the building and its inhabitants.

The space of the Ministry of Magic was locked down from the outside, the Aurors from the Magical Congress did not participate in the battle, instead, they maintained the spatial lockdown ward on the surface while capturing the dark wizards who have managed to flee the Ministry of Magic.

Like beasts thrown into a colosseum, they had no other choice but to make the last brawl.

Anyways, this was a ruthless elimination operation.

The Death-Eaters who have had their way in the British wi9zarding world over the past few months never anticipated that a muggle army would attack them, and after being attacked in surprise, their fates were already sealed.

Yet as Merlin had stated, these people deserve no mercy.

Over the past few months, over 200 muggles have died in the hands of these lunatics. In other words, this muggle army was here to avenge their fellow citizens.

Plus, they were noble wizards, they're not protected by muggle law now, are they?

"Stay back!"

In the Minister's office, a terrified man wearing a black plaid suit, blue tie, black hair, and mustache, held onto his wand.

A glow flashed on the tip of his wand as he shouted fiercely but cowardly:

"Let me leave! You damn muggles! I was forced! I did nothing wrong!"

Agent Garrett glances at the wand, behind him, Madam Molly flicks her wrist and casts Expelliarmus on him, knocking his wand away.

The kind madam was a powerful witch, she quickly chanted, and the puppet Minister in front of her was tied by chains and gagged by magic.

And then, he was pointed at by dozens of guns.

The fear brought by death stunned the irregular-looking wizard in his place.

"Don't shoot!"

Madam Molly says to Agent Garrett:

"Pius Thicknesse, former head of the Department of Law Enforcement. He's been controlled by Voldemort's Imperius...so he's technically not a bad guy."

"But he's not a good person either, Madam."

Agent Garrett stares at the puppet Minister and says:

"Merlin's the operations leader and I've not received word from him to take prisoners, Death-Eaters must die, and I'm in a bad mood after losing some of my best men back there. SO if you wish to stop me, you best give me a perfect explanation."

"He'll be of use to us."

Madam Molly looks at the murderous muggle soldiers, she had seen how they massacred the Death-Eaters with the weapons in their hands, which allowed her to have an understanding of what power these soldiers possessed.

She sighs and looks at the puppet Minister in front of her, saying:

"To infiltrate the Malfoy Manor, a suitable disguise is necessary. We have a way to disguise but we need the assistance of a Death-Eater."

Agent Garrett looks at the cowardly man in front of him, his eyes were like he was looking at prey.

A few minutes later, the senior agent keeps his gun and says to Madam Molly:

"Then as you wish, he's all yours."

"Let's move on to the next location!"

Agent Garrett shouts so to the warriors behind him, the fully armed agents then leave the office following their commanding officer, leaving Madam Molly alone.

Madam Molly was Ron and Ginny's mother, her children Bill and George were wounded from the Death-Eaters' attack before. Madam Molly was extremely spiteful towards Voldemort and his followers.

But today, as she saw the retaliation massacre caused by the muggles against the wizards, she could not help but feel pity toward the dark wizards.

If the Death-Eaters were to fall in the hands of wizards, they'd be judged and sentenced to life imprisonment in Azkaban.

And now, they've fallen in the hands of the furious muggles, there will be no judgment nor imprisonment...

Only death.

This scene was much similar to the witch hunt event a few centuries ago...

But compared to the muggles' foolish acts that would only make real wizards snicker, now, the descendants of those muggles had the absolute advantage when facing the descendants of those wizards.

Be it numbers, determination, or weapons.

And once a large-scale conflict breaks out between both sides, how will the wizards, who have been living secluded from the modern world for hundreds of years, face the fury of the muggles?

"Sigh..."

The worried fat madam sighs, she looks at the puppet Minister in front of her and says hatefully:

"You bastards got what you deserved!"

A dozen minutes later, in the office of the Department of Transportation 6 floors under the Ministry of Magic, Madam Molly, who was escorting the puppet Minister, sees Merlin and her husband once again.

There was still the pungent smell of blood in this magic circle-filled office.

A pale Mr. Artur was currently adjusting the control center to the Floo Network, he was going to pinpoint the location of the Malfoy Manor and cut off that line when necessary.

"This is Thicknesse."

Madam Molly tells Merlin:

"A Death-Eater controlled by Imperius, he's a perfect disguise to infiltrate the Malfoy Manor."

"Hermione."

Merlin looks at the man whose mouth was covered with ducktape and calls for Hermione, Hermione walks over, plucks a strand of hair from the Death-Eater's head, and places it into a prepared potion.

She shakes the bottle, and a pungent smell emits from the black-brownish liquid.

"Polyjuice Potion, it can make you shapeshift into his appearance for an hour."

Hermione holds her nose and passes the potion to Merlin, she says:

"Not even the best wizard can differentiate it. but this thing is nasty to drink, Merlin, Harry and Ron drank it once before."

Ron nods and says:

"Once you drink it for the first time, you'd rather not drink it a second time."

"Are you really doing this? Merlin."

A worried Harry looks at Merlin and says:

"Infiltrating the Malfoy Manor alone is risky, and if Voldemort happens to be there too..."

"That would be great."

Merlin shakes the weird agent in his hand and blinks at Harry:

"Then we can solve all the problems at once!"

As he finishes, he drinks the entire potion.

"Blergh"

Merlin holds his urge to puke.

Really, he's never drunk anything more disgusting than this before in his life.

It was an indescribable taste, like the essence formed from all the bad in the world.

But as disgusting as it tasted, it was quite useful.

After finishing the potion, Merlin could feel his body shrink, and his height was lowered to the same height as Thicknesse.

And he could feel his facial and body muscles slowly twisting and forming.

It felt odd like he'd become plasticine.

A few minutes later, the shapeshifting is finished, Hermione hands Merlin a mirror, and Merlin looks at himself from the mirror.

Black hair, black eyes, tall nose, well-tidied mustache; he had become the puppet Minister.

He exercises his shoulder and tells Harry and Hermione:

"Take off his clothes! Hermione, be a dear and go out for now."

As the two boys prepped clothes for Merlin's disguise, Merlin communicates with Fury in North America through a specially made communications device.

"Fury, I'm about to enter the Death-Eaters' headquarters, has the request for military assistance been authorized?"

"10 minutes ago, yes."

Fury replies simply:

"5 jet fighters are ready for precision bombing, I think that this much should be enough to handle the problem. But if you really need it, there's a Daring class destroyer under the British Royal Navy awaiting orders, we've been authorized to launch one tactical missile when necessary, they're pinpointing the location of the Malfoy manor as we speak."

"Thankfully that place is located in the outskirts and not in some crowded area."

As he spoke, Fury pauses briefly and says meaningfully:

"But Merlin, my suggestion is that if possible, let the plane do the work, there'll be troublesome consequences for launching a missile attack...you may undergo a series of reviews since you're the one ordering the missile launch."

"No, they may detect the noise caused by the plane, do not underestimate wizards' capabilities."

Merlin says softly:

"Fury, according to the intel we received, the Death-Eaters have established a massive magic defense structure in Malfoy Manor, precision bombing may not be enough to kill them, and things will get troublesome should they escape...there aren't that many chances for us to eliminate all those lunatics, we have to make sure that those bastards are dealt with once and for all!"

Fury remains silent and asks:

"Merlin, I have a question...do you have personal feelings mixed in with this operation" You're usually not this ruthless, at least, you don't show it so much."

Merlin remains quiet and says directly:

"No! It is my duty as a SHIELD agent is eradicate lunatics challenging the world order. Over 200 innocent lives have been lost, Fury, we have to end this all tonight!"

Fury on the other side of the communicator did not respond, a dozen seconds later, Fury says:

"The request for tactical missile launch has been authorized, they'll be waiting on your command."

"Good luck, Merlin."

As the communication ends, Merlin turns around, puts on Thicknesse's clothes, and says to Mr. Arthur next to him:

"Wait for my signal, then cut off the Floo Network to and from the Malfoy Manor."

Just before he steps into the burning fireplace, Merlin looks back and glances at the young wizards behind him; in their eyes, he sees concern and anxiousness, he then says while smiling:

""Relax, child, the days of terror will end tonight."


Malfoy Manor, it is the ancient mansion of the pureblood wizarding family, the Malfoys, of the wizarding world.

It resides on the outskirts of Wiltshire, and is located in the middle of a valley, it is silent yet beautiful. A well-designed garden surrounds it, there were fountains and white peacocks wandering about.

On the balcony, Merlin, who had traveled through the Floo Network, could see the delicate black steel gates far beyond the garden; there was fog entangled on the gate, seemingly protected by some sort of protection spell.

"Thicknesse! You garbage!"

A sharp, stinging yet somewhat crazy voice belonging to a woman resounds behind Merlin.

Merlin looks back and sees a woman wearing a Gothic skirt, messy hair, and heavy makeup looking at him with despise.

"What are you doing here at this hour? And what's with the blood on you?"

"The Ministry of Magic has been attacked."

Merlin says with a weak voice:

"The bastards of the Order of the Phoenix joined forces with the muggle army, they destroyed the Ministry of Magic with their weapons, and I'd barely escaped with my life."

"Hah! Muggles!"

The crazy woman says disdainfully:

"You're afraid of muggles? Are you mad? If the master hears of your weakness, he will kill you without hesitation...which is also what I want to do now, you foolish, cowardly bastard, you're unworthy of following the great Voldemort."

"We'll talk about this later!"

Merlin holds onto the cold railing weakly and tells the woman:

"Master will not punish me, for I bring him news of Harry Potter! Do you know why we could not find him? Because he's been hiding amongst the muggles! I saw it, that boy led the muggles' army into the Ministry of Magic..."

"Are your words true?"

A sharp light flashed in the crazy woman's eyes as she says:

"Are you absolutely sure you saw him?"

"How can I not be sure of seeing Harry Potter?"

Merlin retorts angrily:

"He's in the Ministry of Magic right now! I swear on my life, Bellatrix. I'm not joking, summon our master and I will bring you to capture him, he foolishly believes that those muggle soldiers can protect him..."

"Master is currently busy with something else."

The woman crosses her waist and says:

"I'm the one in charge here, follow me to the Ministry of Magic now!"

"Is that so?"

Merlin was disappointed to hear that Voldemort himself could not come, but he still says:

"There are at least 500 muggle soldiers in the Ministry of Magic, they're fully armed and have weapons useful against us, our companions in the Ministry of Magic are all dead, it's suicide for the two of us to head there now! Summon more people, Bellatrix, the master's master plan is soon to be achieved, no one here wants to become the next sacrifice in this time of dawn, right?"

"What I mean is, even if sacrifice is necessary, it shouldn't be us to do so..."

Merlin's words made the witch hesitate, she contemplates briefly and decides that the coward made sense, she then extends her left arm and taps on the Dark Mark with her wand.

She stares at Merlin and says:

"You best not be lying to us, Thicknesse, otherwise, the master and I will be very unpleased."

"Relax."

Merlin pretends to hold the wound on his chest, he lightly coughs then says:

"I won't lie to you on such matters, I'll take you in there, we will welcome the master's promised future...together."

"The Death-Eaters will receive what they deserve in the flames that will burn everything to ash...I promise!"

 

6