Chapter 3
69 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You win battles by striking first and being three steps ahead of your enemies at all times – Mino Hanako 

“When I said < Status >, my stats and information were displayed on a window. However, that is not all. My Desk? Table? Glowed as well… It displayed a separate screens behind my status screen.

Name: Mino Hanako

Level: 1

Attributes: Holy

Class: Commander [Special]

Skills: Heal, Cure, Support Defense, Support Attack, Analyze

Equip: Command Console 

Hmm… Equip: Command Console? Is that this is?

From the moment I  first saw this thing it felt weird to me. It looked desk but didn't fell like it.  I now know why... It was something else entirely that was made to look like my desk.

I canceled my status screen and the screens behind floated forward to replace it. It appeared that I could interact with it.

I was presented with 4 screens, of which I could bring one forward and focus on it.

The windows were named, Map, Stats, World Store, and "?"

The last window was blank and not named… Which means that it is important.

The Map window showed the school and I could see red dots. Somewhere moving but a majority of them were clustered in classrooms.  

The red dots must represent the students in the school.

When I tried to zoom out the surrounding area was blacked out.

Tch… I guess it’s not going to be that easy…

I turned to the Stats window and was now able to see the stats of the other students which was very revealing.

A normal person would probably need a week to analyze the information, however, I was different.

“Akemi”

“Yes.”

“For now let’s allow the students to leave the classroom.”

“Is that wise?”

“This school will likely be our home base. The last we need is students punching holes in the walls.”

“Right…”

“Have the discipline committee focus on guarding the gate and surroundings. Prevent anyone from leaving the school.”

“Understood.” She replied before leaving to carry out my instructions

“Kayoko”

“Yes”

“Please go to the library and bring me any literature on being summoned to another world.”

“There are none…”

I didn’t question her reply. If Kayoko said there were none, then there were none.

“However, there is Mineko and Kinu. Those two are manga and anime addicts.”

“Do you have to phrase it that way? Their knowledge in the matter will prove useful.”

 “Humph… Your encouragement of the student body to explore interests outside academics is one police I will never agree on.”

“Never say never.”

She sighed at my response before answering. “I will go and call the two.”

“Wait… Before you leave. Do you want to sit here?”

“Eh?”

***

It had been hours since we arrived in this new world? There were no signs that I was dreaming or hallucinating anything.

After a lengthy discussion with Kinu and Mineko, I scrolled through all the available information I had and came up with theories and questions.

We know that there is counter counting down and the word build seems to be a clue.

After analyzing everyone’s skills using the command console, I noticed something. While all the boys had classes or skills suited for fighters. The majority of girls were pretty much-given support and crafting skills.

Healers, Baker, Butchers, Blacksmithing, Farming, and Crafting were some of the classes the girls got.

This presents the possibility that the clue "build", meant a new society.

We could very well be some kind of attempt to colonize this new world. In the old days, it was men who would go out to forage for food while the women would stay behind and build the society.

Of course, history is not as simple as that, but you get a general idea. The boys would go out to explore while the girls will be left behind to take care of the home base. That is most likely answer a person would come. This brings up a different question...

Seeing as the boys will pretty much be taking an important role going forward... Why am I in charge?

This command console only responds to me and me alone. That is the conclusion I came to after having other people try to use it.

Then there is the status issue. Members of the student council and discipline committee all have special classes while everyone else has normal classes.

Are we different somehow?

The only conclusion would be because we are in the student council committee and discipline committee.

If so, does that mean that the other two schools were not accounted for? Their student council members don't have special status classes.

If the answer is yes, then it would mean whoever sent us here did not account for those two schools, merging with ours… which would take their planning to way back before the typhoon.

No… That can’t be right.

I can see their status on the command console. Doesn’t that mean that they were accounted for? Or does anyone who gets summoned  get classes and skills.

No... The teacher were not transferred with us. Which means everyone here was probably handpicked or the summoning specified any one who was a student.

Hmm... I will have to go for handpicked. Someone who can send an entire school to another world can probably create a typhoon.

Let us assume then that their presence was accounted for. Then, because I am the student council president, I am automatically the one in command?

This won’t change the fact they will attempt to establish their authority here.

It all comes down to which camp each of us will choose. The first camp will probably be for those who support exploration and the other will be for those who oppose it for now.

Which side I choose will determine the future power balance of the school. This is a difficult choice to make but I have already mapped out my strategy.

Lets continue on...

One of the windows was the world store. Under that window I can purchase goods from our original world, however, it seems to require a currency that we don’t yet have.

It raised the question of whether we were to trade with the local population somehow. If the answer was yes, then us colonizing this world was no longer valid reason for our summoning.

Just thinking about that made my head spin. There were too many unknowns and it scared me inside. I am not used to situations where my future depends on luck.

Humph...Luck is for fools who don’t realize they can achieve anything with hard work.

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and anger, before reviewing everything again from different angles and I still got nothing.

I could write a book on the many possible answers I came up with. That is why I have decided to hold it off for now. I will focus my attention on what is directly in front of me now.

It should be about time that they arrive.

No sooner had I thought that than there was a knock at the door.

“Come In,” I uttered as 5 people entered the student council room.

“Welcome to the Shinobu High Student Council room. I am honored that you came.” I said with a smile at the 4 people standing next to my vice president.

It was time for my first battle. I was going to negotiate with the president and vice presidents of the other schools.

1