Chapter 5
73 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you haven’t mastered the art of deception then you haven’t mastered the art of warfare – Kirishima Koiso

“Before we begin, I would like to express my gratitude for the food you have provided for us,” Hisashi uttered

After checking the school's stockpile of food, I ordered the members of the cooking club to handle the food. We calculated that there was three months’ worth of food. Assuming that we restricted the meals to small lunches and dinners.

“There is no need for that. As student council president, I feel it is my duty to take care of everyone in this school.”

I launched the first attack. I was declaring myself as the leader of everyone in the school.

“Humph… How brazen of you to declare that.” Shusaku uttered. Probably under the instructions of Koiso.

“You have an issue with my words?”

“Of course I do... Why would I not, when you are declaring yourself leader of my school. Listen up girly, only the strong rule Nakatani.”

“Is that so?”

“It is!” he forcefully replied

“Then why don’t you leave for your school?”

“Oi!” with an angry expression Shusaku slammed his palm on the table, causing some of the teacups to spill over.

“Oh, man… I was going to drink that.” Koiso spoke with a disappointed look, and Shusaku's angry expression vanished.

“My bad… Looks like I lost my temper there.”

 The room fell silent before Hisashi spoke again.

“I understand your predicament, however, you can’t expect us to accept your rule over our schools.”

“I am not expecting anything from you, however, Shinobu High has a legacy to uphold. Allowing an outside student council to handle our school is not something that I can allow.”

“How about we join forces then?”

“You are agreeing to work under me?”

“The hell I am!” Shusaku said before slamming his palm again.

“Then it seems we are an impasse. Changing the topic altogether, what are your thoughts on a way forward.”

The room went quiet before Hisashi committed

“We have to immediately explore the surrounding areas for clues about where we are. We might even run into a local population who might have answers.”

“I have to agree with four eyes. Staying here will not change a thing.”

Just as I suspected. Hisashi was probably bowing his head to the pure pressures the boys from his school.

This was their chance at an isekai adventure after all. There was no way they were going to accept just being stuck here.

As for Shusaku. Koiso probably has faith in his abilities. She probably wants information about the outside world to better understand the situation we are in. Even if Shusaku dies in the process, she probably has some other guy ready to replace him.

“I disagree with you both.”

“Ho…” Shusaku uttered

“Then, what are your plans?” Iako spoke.

“We need to first secure our base of operations and carry out experiments to better understand these skills we have been given. Only after that should we begin small explorations of our surroundings.”

“Hmph… As you expect from a woman. What you’re suggesting is boring and will waste valuable time. We need to explore right away or we might end up missing something.”

 I hate to admit it but he has a point. The sooner we explore the better, however…

“That is just reckless. We have no idea what is waiting for us outside the school boundary. We should wait and organized ourselves better.”

“You can go ahead and do that but I and my party have already made plans to explore.”

“You have already made a party?”

“Don’t act all surprised. I am sure you received a report from those discipline committee members. They have been keeping tabs on us… am I right?”

“Their job is to maintain peace in the school. It can’t be helped if they are monitoring your actions.”

“Hmph… As if they can stop me.”

“I wonder about that?” I replied with a smile.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing,” I replied before taking a sip of my tea.

“Can I ask something?” Iako spoke before I turned my attention towards her. “Are you planning on preventing people from leaving?”

“No. If someone truly wishes to leave then they may do so. I will only request that they register here.”

“You mean this building?”

 “Yes. It seems that the function of this building is similar to that of a adventurer guild that you would often see isekai adventures. I am currently in the process of staffing it, but it should be up and running in four days.”

“Why should we do such a thing?” Shusaku uttered

“For starters, it will help with logistics. We can't prepare food for people who aren’t even here. It will go to waste. Secondly, we can provide some support to people who are adventuring outside. We have been able to make makeshift tents and blankets that they can carry as well as other utilities.”

“As expected from an elite school. You people sure move fast.” Koiso praised, much to the irritation of Hisashi.

“Thank you for the compliment. We certainly are doing our best despite the limited resources we are working with. I hope for your understanding.” I replied with a smile.

The rest of the discussions were focused on sleeping arrangements. Because the gym building had large showers, I suggested for it to be used to house the female students.

There were no objections from either party.

We also agreed on basic rules that students had to follow, including a halt to all sexual activities, even among couples.

We couldn’t risk someone getting pregnant after all.

Our discussion ended without incident. Over the next few days, unofficial campaigns were carried out. While I advocated for slow steady exploration, the others supported a rapid exploration.

The school soon became divided with each person supporting their faction. Thankfully, this didn’t hinder the day-to-day running of the school which had been set up.

This issue of leadership had to be resolved and the results of each faction's policies would determine the winner.

If the first explores returned with massive success then it would be my loss and the other two would probably end up fighting between themselves to see who comes out on top.

If I play my cards right, I might even be able to play them against each other until they destroyed each other.

That being said, I doubt it will come to that. Most people are letting their wild expectations of an isekai adventure blind them to the truth.

That dragon's attack didn’t only tell us that it was safe here but that it was dangerous outside.

As I watched the first group of people leave the school, I couldn’t help but think to myself, ‘How many of them will make it back alive?”

Ideally, I needed two-thirds of them to die. I could make these cold-blooded calculations because I didn’t know any of them. They weren’t from my school… I had no reason to care.

I noticed Koiso waving goodbye to Shusaku, as he and his party left. She was still a mystery I had yet to uncover.

Hisashi and Iako were also bidding farewell to three parties. No doubt each party will head off in different directions to improve efficiency.

The stage was now set. The leadership of the school would come down to who produced the best results. In this unknown environment, humans will be drawn to those who show capable leadership.

1