Chapter 6
50 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sometimes, simply wishing for misfortune is all you need to bring misfortune – Mino Hanako

It was three days  after the parties that left our school to explore returned in the middle of the night.

Perhaps I should be more specific… The first batch of survivors returned.

“We need a healer over here!”

“Clean that would at once!”

“Someone help me pin him down!”

The front gate was in chaos, as heavily injured people were being treated.

My persona put on a concerned look but in reality, I was relieved. With this, my victory was assured. It won’t be long before the students turn their backs on those that urged them to explore.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Shusaku being treated. Looks like his right arm was heavily burnt from some sort of attack.

Koiso coldly looked on, as he tried to hold back screams of pain.

‘She most likely already has a replacement for him.’

After noticing my presence, she began to walk toward me. She had a smile on her face which was confusing considering the situation.

“Hello, Hanako.”

“Hello, Koiso… Looks like Shusaku is heavily injured.”

“Yeah… He must have pushed himself too much during the exploration. Thank you for providing him with treatment.”

“There is no need for your gratitude.”

“Ah… That’s right. You feel responsible for the well-being of everyone here, I forgot about that… In that case… We will be counting on you.” She said with a devilish smile.

She was clearly hinting toward something, but I doubt I will be able to get the information out of her.

***

It has been five weeks since that day and the school was running smoothly. Everyone was doing the tasks assigned to them without any issues occurring.

Shusaku is still recovering from the injuries he suffered and Hisashi is helping the agriculture club members cultivate food in their greenhouse.

Their efforts are producing fruit but if this goes on any longer there will be a riot on my hands.

'I mean... even I can’t stand eating the same thing day after day.'

“We need to restart exploration,” I said

“And how exactly do you plan on convincing people to venture outside the school's barriers?”

The person who asked the question was Miyazawa Sakuko, the student council secretary.

With her long hair and blue eyes, she looked at me through her glasses. She was a doubter and realist which was one of my favorite features about her. She wasn’t afraid to say anything and wouldn’t apologize for saying it. She was also a very friendly and you hardly ever see her not cheerful. She was truly a unique person.

“I am open to suggestions.”

“Well… We can’t force them to do it, how about a reward instead… That is what a guild does anyway. The reward adventurers for completing quests.” Mineko replied

Mineko and Kinu were in charge of handling the guild. Using their Otaku knowledge they have done a splendid job of handling everything.

Thanks to their efforts in collecting information from the people who returned, we were able to confirm that most fictional creatures like slimes, goblins, and orcs live in this world.

Unfortunately, when the girls heard about this they pretty much made it clear they had no intentions of adventuring outside.

“What if those goblins capture me and make me their plaything?”

“What if the Orcs try to turn me into a baby-making machine.”

“Ewe… I rather die than fight a slime.”

These were some of the things they were saying.

Something tells me that Koiso may have something to do with their hard stance. That girl is proving to be very well versatile at manipulation.

As it stands, the only logical action is to get as many guys as possible to adventure out.

We set up an open space for them to try to improve and understand their skills. Many have shown a lot of growth but they are still hesitant to venture outside.

The only real growth in the school came from the healers. Healing the students who came back wounded made them level up. It seems like simply practicing is not enough to level up, you have to actually use your skill in a real life situation.

We had students have mock battles with healers on standby to cast healing magic. Unfortunately this resulted in failure. The healers skills did improve but their levels did not.

Real life situation must involve one party having direct interaction with the outside world. Healing would from a monster attacking is the only way to healers can level up. That is the conclusion we came up with. Similarly, fighting other students in mock battles will not increase one's level either.

‘It simply cant be avoided We must continue the exploration. Mineko suggestion may be the best option available but how on earth will I implement it.’

“Kayoko…” I called out to my vice president

“Yes.”

“I would like the crafts club to create a few items.”

“What would like them to make?”

“Coins and anything cute.”

“Eh?”

This was a simple but effective plan.

There are three things that most males want. Money, Power and Women – Mino Hanako

I will have the crafts club create coins that we will use as a currency. I will then have them make consumable goods targeting women. The result should be the women asking the boys to purchase them and the boys venturing out to earn some coins.

The only concern I have is time. It has already been about 7 weeks since we came here. That means that in about another 5 weeks, our food will be reduced to almost nothing.

Hunger and desperation have a bad habit of bringing the worst out of people. I am sure that Koiso and Hisashi will probably wait until that time before making their moves to crush me.

They won’t have a solution to the problem but they will be able to use this opportunity to crush me.

I remember a European country that suffered a major financial collapse. The opposition used that as a means to dispose off the ruling government, however, the policies they introduced were even more hush than the previous government.

Just goes to show you that the key to politics is timing – Mino Hanako

1