Chapter 3: Small goal
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm sorry... I think we don't suit each other but we can still be friends, alright?"

As the people said, words hurt sharper than a knife. What will happen after you said these words?

'why would I want to become your friend after dumping me? You idiot? It will be awkward so It's best to distance yourself.'

The consequences of your decision in the past might bring you pain in the future. That's why you should think first before you act.

As someone who was hurt by someone you thought will love you and accept you for whatever you are and will become in the future, your decision is yours. The consequences of your action today might bring you either good or bad. It's all up to you to make.

Adachi Itsuki snapped out of his trance-like state. He was reminded of the past as he watched the happy couple laughing softly and teasing each other.

'How nice it would be if it was me...No, I don't deserve her. I don't have anything to give her. Now that I'm a dropped out, my future just dashed out of my sight.'

'There's no point in mulling about it. Past is past. The present is what I should be looking forward to.'

No goal? No problem! I'll set a small goal then! I want to have lots of money! Hmm, how about a billion first?

As Itsuki joked about setting a small goal, he didn't know that in the future, he will become one of the top billionaires in the whole world.

The only thing that is lacking now is to realize the future.

...

Fortunately, he didn't get seen by the couple as he lowered his head and covered his face.

"To think I will have to cover my face to someone I know... it's a disgrace!"

He raised his hand only to see it as skinny as a bone and clenched it hard in frustration.

'I don't even have a good body...'

Itsuki looked up to the sky and let out a long sigh.

'I kinda looked like a depraved guy... what a sad life.'

The bus arrived exactly at 11:30 am right on schedule and Itsuki boarded it to his grandmother's place.

After disembarking the bus, Itsuki walked for a while and stood in front of a somewhat old two-story house.

Itsuki rang the bell and waited in anticipation with a mix of nervousness.

'Will I get scolded by grandmum?...'

His nervousness started to become fear as his nerves tensed and prepared himself for the worst situation.

The sound of door unlocking can be heard while Itsuki flustered. He tidied his clothes real fast and faced the cold-looking-eyed grandma who appeared after opening the door.

Slowly, the cold expression broke into a bright smile as she greeted her dearest grandson.

"You're here... Come in!"

Itsuki's eyes reddened at the sight of his grandmum's bright expression.

Without saying anything, without asking any questions, without berating him, She... just greeted him with a warm, longing expression as if they were separated for years and decades.

"Have you eaten yet? Come and eat first then rest."

With a warm smile, Itsuki's grandma asked him with a caring tone.

'She still hasn't changed. Only... she got more wrinkles in her eyes...'

Itsuki looked at his grandma with a pained expression as years slowly withered her down

"...no, I came for free food."

"..."

1