Chapter 4: A grandmother’s love
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scoop after scoop, Itsuki gorges his food like a starving wolf. Whenever he got choked on his food, he hurriedly reaches out for a glass of water and downed it in one go.

"Puaahhh! I'm alive! I feel alive! wooohh!"

Itsuki wiped the imaginary sweat on his forehead in relief. Thankfully he got to eat a full meal by going to his grandma's place.

While thinking so, his expression slowly became down and about as he put his chopsticks down.

"Did mom not tell you anything?"

Itsuki asked worriedly as he looked at his grandma with a nervous expression.

Grandma looked at Itsuki and her smile slowly faded. Itsuki tensed when he no longer see the smile on grandma's face.

"...You, became more skinny..."

Itsuki was stunned for a moment before snapping out of his daze. The rim of his eyes reddened and tears threatened to pour down but he held it in.

"I... I'm just..."

Grandma stood up and went towards Itsuki then she gently hugged him as if he was a lost lamb getting back home.

"It's fine...I don't expect anything from you... as long as you are safe and sound, that's already good news for me..."

Itsuki's tears gushed out from his eyes like a water dam and bawled out in his grandma's arms.

"waaahhh!!!"

Grandma gently pats Itsuki's back and slowly comforted him. She was reminded of the past when Itsuki was still a child.

He was such a crybaby.

'One time he went to compete with his peers in a competition but got only a bronze medal, he also bawled his eyes out and I also comforted his just like now...'

'Ah. Look at how time flies so fast... He is now an adult... my dearest grandson...'

Grandma wiped her tears as she hugged Itsuki and smiled comfortingly.

...

A moment later, Itsuki calmed down and grandma lets him rest in the room first then cleared the table and washed the dishes.

At first, he wanted to do the dishes but grandma stopped him saying that he came from a far place and should get a rest.

Grandma was stubborn as she didn't budge to his badgering.

...

Inside his room, Itsuki lay flat on the bed and stared at the ceiling in a daze. His mom disowned him but his grandma did not.

His grandma was there since he was a kid but his mom did not.

He disappointed his mom but seeing his grandma again, Itsuki felt like he can't disappoint her anymore.

Itsuki steeled his will and decided on his next move.

"I don't want to worry grandmum any longer, I also don't want to burden her with my responsibilities so I have decided..."

Itsuki raised his hand towards the ceiling then clenched his fist hard to express his determination.

"First, I'm going to find a job!"

Itsuki sprang up from his bed and went towards his personal computer to search for a job online.

"Yooosshhiii, Let's do this! Ei, ei, Ooohh!"

Itsuki rallied his spirits as he cheered himself as a fire burned in his eyes.

...

After searching for hours, Itsuki manages to find a suitable job for him and applied to it.

However, only two jobs responded to his job application which is already better for someone without working experience.

He was asked to go to the designated location for a job interview tomorrow.

Itsuki raised his fist and exclaimed in excitement as he jumped around in happiness.

"Yes! I got an interview tomorrow! The first step is now done! Now, I only need to pass the interview and the job is in the box!"

Itsuki felt a mix of excitement and nervousness for tomorrow's interview.

He then excitedly tucked himself in the bed only to twist and turn when he can't sleep because of nervousness.

"..."

"Darn! Can I even go without sleep for tomorrow?..."

1