Chapter 6: The Interview (2)
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The next interviewee please."

The door opened and the first interviewee which is a girl with 8 years of work experience exited.

She stayed at the same seat she was before. Itsuki observed her every moves after the interview when the staff shouted yet again.

"The next interviewee who came right after this girl here, please!"

Itsuki snapped out of his daze and hurriedly stood up. He then lowered his head towards the staff and apologized.

"I-i'm sorry!... Th-that's me! U-uhh, W-where should I go?..."

"You can just go in right next door on the left. Just push it."

"Yes, yes... I understand..."

The staff gave him a cold glare as she left with a snort.

Itsuki faced the glass door as he sucked a deep breath and gulped a mouthful of saliva in nervousness. After a moment, he steeled his will and opened the door.

Itsuki saw a middle-aged woman with a laptop on the desk and papers neatly arranged at the side.

The woman saw him entering and started rummaging the papers on the side to look for something.

Then, Itsuki saw that the papers are the resumes they passed before the interview. One of them was his as he saw his name on the paper.

"H-hello! Good m-morning!"

The woman glanced at him and curtly replied.

"Hello. Sit."

The moment Itsuki seated himself, the woman has already fished out his resume and started knocking the papers on the table to straighten it.

"Well, good morning. So you are Adachi Itsuki, right?"

"Y-yes, yes..."

Itsuki was too nervous to be started stuttering. He nods his head in response like a woodpecker.

"Right. So... Tell me about yourself first."

'Huh? didn't she read my resume? Uhm... I shouldn't probably say it out loud...'

Although puzzled, Itsuki tried to remain calm and started to introduce himself.

"N-nice to meet you! I'm A-Adachi Itsuki, 18 years old. I am hardworking and diligent. Although I don't have any work experience, I am willing to be trained! My hobby is playing games, reading books, and listening to music!"

The woman twirled the pen in her hands as she stared at him in contemplation. 

"Hmm... I see. What is your educational attainment? In your resume, you went to university. For how many years were you in university?"

"Uhmm... Uhh, no. I dropped out of my university because I think it's not suitable for me... I was only there in my first year, the first semester..."

"Huh... what course did you take?"

"I took Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology..."

"So you think it's not the suitable course for you?"

"Y-yes... that's right..."

The middle-aged woman started barraging him with questions as she tried to pry for more information out of him.

Itsuki honestly replied as he didn't think it matters. He believes in one principle, Honesty is the best policy.

That's why he didn't try to lie and just gave her the truth.

"I see. Hmm, then what do you think you'll going to become 5 years in the future?"

"5 years in the future... Uhh, it's quite a lot of time but I want to open my shop in the future."

"Hoh... That's great!"

Itsuki saw a glint in the eyes of the middle-aged woman. He didn't know if he was seeing things but now he saw the woman smiling brightly.

The middle-aged woman tapped the table with her pen in a rhythmic manner suggesting that she was in deep contemplation.

"Hmm... You're very young, huh?"

"Ah. Y-yes"

Itsuki scratched his head in embarrassment as he lowered his head not daring to make eye contact with the middle-aged woman.

"Very young, indeed..."

"...yes."

Slowly, the woman stopped her rhythmic tapping of the table with her pen as she joined her hands together and faced Itsuki.

"Alright. We're just gonna study again your resume and we'll call you again for the 2nd Interview, okay?"

"Ah. Yes! Thank you very much!"

Itsuki hurriedly stood up and bowed towards the woman in gratitude. He then packed his things and made his way out.

He was smiling brightly because he was told that they'll call him again for the 2nd Interview.

Happy as he was, He made his way towards the exit then opened the door.

1