Chapter 7: System?
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once Itsuki exited the door, he saw his co- interviewee sitting at a different table with their earphones on.

The girl who was first interviewed was also sitting in a corner tapping at her phone. 

It was at this moment that Itsuki realizes something.

'Huh? That girl is still waiting... Should I also sit and wait? but they said they'll call me again for a second interview so I should go home now...'

Itsuki furrowed his brows in a dilemma as he didn't know what to do. To wait or not? 

In the end, he decided to go home. He nodded his head towards the 3 other people still waiting in the building and started walking away.

...

7 Days later, Itsuki stared at the ceiling in a daze. He tried to iterate what the interviewer said back then.

"We're gonna review your resume again. Just reviewing again and then we'll call you again for the second Interview..."

"Call me again... for the second Interview... F*ck Second Interview! There's no way in hell they will call me again! Goddamn it!"

Itsuki punch his bed then covered his face with a pillow and started weeping.

Knock Knock

There was a knocking sound of the door then it was opened from the outside. Grandma's head peaked through the gap on the door.

Itsuki hurriedly wiped the tears on his eyes then he smiled warmly and greeted his grandma.

"Grandmum, you're here..."

"Itsuki..."

Grandma saw the redness on the rim of Itsuki's eyes. She was pained to see him depressed and hurt.

Grandma gently hugs Itsuki at petted his head as she comforted him.

"... It's okay. You can get a good job in the future... It just means that that job is not meant to be for you..."

Itsuki groaned in response as tears started to well up again.

"...Did you know? I was the one who gave you your given name instead of your mother?"

Surprised, he looked at his grandma eyes wide open. 

"Eh?"

"That's right. Do you know the meaning of your name? Well, although your father is not that good, his surname sounds good..."

"...The meaning of my name? What is it?"

Grandma smiled warmly as she looked at Itsuki with love and care.

"You're name, Adachi Itsuki means like this... 'To stand tall like a proud tree'."

"Back then when you were born, I wished for you to be like a tree standing tall even if many years washed it away, It still proudly stands in its place."

The moment Itsuki heard the meaning of his name from his grandma, he lowered his head as his eyes shook for an unknown reason.

He tried to open his mouth to speak only to end up closing it again. It was repeated many times. In the end, he decided to not speak and only nods his head.

Grandma saw him not speaking as if mulling about something, she decided to give him space for him to think about. 

She once again petted his head gently as she stood up and walked out of the room.

After hearing the sound of the door closing, Itsuki plopped down on his bed as he stared at the ceiling in a daze.

Maybe it was because of his weeping earlier, his eyes started to droop down. Eventually, manages to sleep as countless thoughts appeared on his head.

"...em....va...ting..."

...

Early in the morning, Itsuki sat up in a daze. Last night, he somehow heard something but it's not very audible so he started racking his brain to remember those words...

When he was trying to remember those words last night, a robotic voice sounded in his ears.

"System Activating...98%...99%...100%!"

"Welcome host to Road to Success System."

Itsuki scratched his ears in disbelief as he looks for the owner of the voice.

"Eh? System? What's that?!"

0