Chapter 8: Missions
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Scanning user...10%...40%...70%...100%!"

"Scanning complete! Displaying user status."

STATUS

Name:  Adachi Itsuki

Specialization/Class:  N/A

Lv: 1

HP: 10/10

SP: 20/20

------------------------------------------------------------------------

STR: 5            DEX:  3

AGI:  3            LUK:   10

INT:  1            CHA:   1

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition: Weak

Description: Has a very frail body. Wind can send him flying. A useless host.

...

A holographic screen displays Itsuki's digitalized data in front of him. He couldn't believe his eyes so he tried rubbing them several times.

"What the heck is this?!"

Itsuki waved his hands to touch the screen in front of him but his hands just passed through it.

"This... Is this like... a video game?"

It was then a robotic voice sounded in his ears again.

"Mission update!"

"Who are you?! What do you want from me?!"

Itsuki flinched in shock after he suddenly heard a robotic voice and started yelling towards the ceiling calling out for whoever it was.

"Main Mission: First Specialization!

Description: Get your first specialization towards success! Every successful person has a different specialization, what are yours? Decide which specialization you want.

Reward: First Specialization gift!"

"Sub Mission: Develop your body!

Description: A sound mind in a sound body! The body is the foundation of every successful person, shape yours to determine your standing in society!

Reward: Special gift every 100 points of all stats."

"Daily Mission (1):

Push-up: 0/10

Sit-up: 0/10

Squat: 0/10

Planking: 0/1min

Run 1km: 0/1km

Reward: 1 STR, 1 AGI, 0.5 CHA"

"Ugh!"

Itsuki held his head in pain as he looked at the long list of missions displayed in front of him.

"Just what is going on?..."

Knock! knock!

"Itsuki! Are you okay?! Open the door! What is happening!"

Grandma hurriedly stormed Itsuki's room in anxiety after she heard his yelling upstairs. She thought Itsuki might try something funny in depression so she ran hurriedly to check on him.

As she was getting anxious second by second and wanted to force the door open, It opened up by itself and Itsuki appeared.

"Grandmum... I'm fine, don't worry!"

"Then... then why did you yell earlier?..."

"Ah, that. It's nothing. Just some random guy selling something on the phone."

When grandma heard his reason, she was relieved. At least she knows that Itsuki didn't try something and ended up hurting himself.

"That's good to hear nothing's going on with you... I thought... I thought... sniffle..."

Grandma broke into tears as soon as she knows that Itsuki is fine. Seeing this, Itsuki gently hugged her and comforted her.

"It's fine grandmum... I'm okay. I won't do something stupid..."

...

Itsuki send his grandma out and let her rest after calming down for a while. He then turned his attention to the holographic screen in front of him.

He also noticed that his grandma can't see the screen earlier when they conversed. For now, he knows that only he can see it.

At this moment In one of the missions on the screen, Itsuki noticed something. He saw something on the bottom of a mission tab in bloody red color.

Daily Mission (1):

Push-up: 0/10

Sit-up: 0/10

Squat: 0/10

Planking: 0/1min

Run 1km: 0/1km

Reward: 1 STR, 1 AGI, 0.5 CHA

Time Limit: 15 hours and 34 minutes left.

Warning: A punishment will be meted out if the mission is incomplete by the time limit reaches 0.

...

"...A punishment?... Well, I don't wanna get hurt so I better do this mission first..."

"First up is push-up! Luckily it's only a set of 10 reps. Let's do it! I can do this!"

Itsuki manages to clear his mind. To avoid the punishment, he decided to complete the daily mission for the day.

He readied himself by stretching his arms, cracking his hands, fingers, and neck. He then took a pose for the push-up exercise and went down slowly as he begins to count.

"1!..."

"2...!"

"...3...! ugh!"

After only 3 repetitive push-ups, Itsuki's arms were shaking and not long after gave in, out of strength.

He then laid down on the floor in exhaustion.

1