The Reason to Fight, A Goal to Accomplish.
1.8k 7 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I saw my Big Sister that I loved so much sitting beside me sleeping. I, knowing how fatigued she is decided to not disturb her. I sat up and looked around me. I'm once a normal boy growing up without any problem until some disease come to me out of nowhere. Now here I am in the hospital for more that 6 years. But, I think its futile to even attempt to cure me. As it's too late and my luck are almost gone. I'm even considered lucky to be even alive until now. I also know that, I probably wont have much time to live. I right now suffer from 2 different cancers. But, how even this start to happen? It's all started 6 years ago.

.

.

<Flashback 6 years>

My name Kyoraku Nozomi, I'm 14 years old. I live with only my big sister because my parents decided that abandoning two teenagers so they can have fun doing whatever they are doing is a good idea. I'm right now in in my last year of middle school. Im doing pretty good at school but that will be explained more later.

"Hey, Nozomi. Come down and have your breakfast already, you need to go to school." A female voice comes from the first floor of my house. 

"I'm coming" I shouted back. The owner of the female voice is my big sister, Kyoraku Ai. She is right now 18 years old and is right now in her last year of highschool. She is also provide our finance by working as an artist. We have immense talent on drawing so its no surprise that she used that talent to make money that we need for our daily necessities. Of course even though, we have the same talent for drawing, we have different styles of drawing. She is more talented in drawing 3 dimensional objects rather than 2 dimensional ones and I have the talent in drawing 2 dimensional objects like those anime characters. But because of this we also have other specialised things we can do with our talent. For example, because I can draw 2 dimensional objects much better, I could actually make animations and drawing mangas. But of course, I probably wont draw any manga as I dont have a wild imagination.

So back to the real life, I went downstairs and greet my big sister a simple good morning and ate my breakfast quickly. I looked at the clock and saw the number 8.30 A.M. I finished my breakfast and instantly start to run to the school without forgeting to say goodbye of course.

"I'm going" I said and ran towards my school in high speed. I'm never the athletic type as I am anemic, but I still ran as fast as I could. I use some shortcuts here and there so I could get there faster.

It seems like forever but I finally arrived at my school after 10 minutes of just running. I'm sweating all over. I go towards my shoe locker and quickly changed my shoes and ran to my class. 

When I got to the class its now 8.43 A.M. A little bit slower and I wil be late. I went to my seat and sat down. I took out a certain book, I always carried. Its the book full of my sketches and drawings to pass my time in the boring school.

School don't interest as much as drawings. They are a waste of time and most of them just weren't needed for the real life. Why dont they teach us the thing that are needed for real? Why all of that useless knowledge are needed? I don't know, but I certainly won't say anything about it either. 

The atmosphere in the class are pretty lively, with most of them now talking with each other, discussing about their weekends and other things. The atmosphere tuned down when the bell started ringing. Now the school is starting.

<Time skip Lunch Break>

I'm right now is on the roof watering some plants in the school greenhouse. I don't need to eat in Lunch Break so I just do this every school day. I got the permision to go on the roof after I said I will take care of the plants up here. After I'm done with watering the plants, I'll usually continue my drawing. 

Right now is no different, I'm sitting down leaning onto the fence while drawing. I don't really have a friend to talk to, but doesn't mean I'm a emo guy. I just don't really wanna talk with anybody.

As I was drawing the bell rings again and mark the end of the Lunch Break. I packed up my things to go back to my class, but a sudden headache made me drop my book. The headache isn't that bad so I just dismissed it as the lack of sleep. I decided to just not think about it and quickly get back to my class. I left the rooftop with a headache that one day will be my cause of death.

<Time Skip After School>

I'm right now heading back home from school. The headache is already quite gone, but I still feel quite dizzy. So because of that, I decided to just head home and sleep. I walk past through the streets, while thinking about what I should draw next. I also made a mental note to buy a new book to draw in as the old book is almost full. As I was thinking, I finally returned home and without any waiting just went inside.

"I'm home" I said while taking off my shoes. But no one answered, so I decided to check in the house and found a note on the table that is written by my big sister. It basically saying that she won't be home until around 10 P.M. 

I sighed and throw the note to the trash can and filled up the bathtub. Once the tub is full, I rinse myself and stepped into the bathtub. 

There's a window right next to my bathtub and I was gazing out of the window looking at the evening sky. I was in the bathtub for 20 minutes, so I decided to just get up.

I get up from the bathtub, dry myself and went downstairs to cook something for myself and her. I opened the fridge and there are only ingredients for miso soup, so I decided to make just that. 

I spent more than 1 hour from cooking the rice to making the miso soup itself. Its now around 6 P.M in the evening. Right now I'm getting ready to eat.

"Thanks for the food" I said and digged in. I ate while thinking about what I should do tomorrow and suddenly the thought of my earlier headache popped up. 

'It's not that bad, I don't think it's very serious' I thought again and dismissed it from my mind.  After that I just focused on eating my food.

<Time Skip 7.30 P.M>

I already finished eating and right now is cleaning up the table and washing the dishes. After that, I went back up to my room and turned on my PC. Both me and my sister have our own personal PC in our room for our needs. I also have a tablet that I can use for drawing. But, I still prefer drawing on my book rather than drawing it digitally. 

But the drawing that I draw digitally will I post on social media. In fact, I'm actually quite popular. I like to draw mostly OC from imagination or just fanarts of anime character. There are people who actually want me to draw something for them or in short comission, but I refused as I'm too lazy. 

I'm right now just casually scrolling reddit to see some memes but another wave of headache suddenly occured again. This time it's more intense than the last one.

"I think I should just sleep" I said while glancing over to the digital clock. The number 8.30 were written on it. I get up, turned off my PC and get ready for bed.

I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and after that I lay down, closed my eyes and is drifted to the dreamland.

<Time Skip 5 days>

Today is Saturday, there's no school. I woke up at 9 A.M. I then goes to the bathroom to wash my face and head downstairs. Recently, the wave of headache have been more frequent and intense. I also have been really fatigued and weak recently.

'Maybe, I catch the flu?' I thought while going down the stairs. But, unexpectedly a wave of the worst yet headache I ever had came and because of my weakness right now, I stumbled down the stairs and bumped my head to the floor and passed out.

.

<3rd PoV>

As Nozomi was falling down the stairs, his sister is right now in the living room reading a book about chemistry, until a loud thump came from the stairs.

She immediately stands up and closed her book to check what is the reason for the noise.

"Nozomi? Is that you?" She asked loudly but no one answered. So she decided to check and when she sees Nozomi passed out on the bottom of the stairs with his head bleeding, she panicked and carried him up.

"Nozomi! Are you alright?" She asked while carrying him to the couch in the living room. Seeing that Nozomi's bleeding is quite bad she decided to bring him to the hospital for treatment immediately. 

.

<Time Skip Until Nozomi is Awake, Nozomi's PoV>

I woke up under a unfamiliar ceiling. I looked to the left and saw a blinding light flashes through the window making me squint my eyes. I looked away from the window and sat up while holding my head to found out there are bandages around my head. I looked around the room and come to a conclusion that I'm in a hospital. I, then lay back down and released a sigh.

"To think, from one small headache can come to this is ridiculous." After I said that, I heard the sound of door opening from my right and I sit back up.

"Ridiculous, indeed" I looked over and saw a man in his fourties with a doctors usual attire consist of short sleeved blue scrub top and pants with a white coat. He is also wearing glasses and has a stetoscope around his neck. Behind him is a person, I will recognise even from a mile away which is my big sister. She looked quite worried for some reason. 

"Nozomi!!" My big sister exclaimed then hugged me.

"I'm so worried! Please, don't do that again!" She said while still hugging me.

"Yeah, yeah. So what's with the difficult face" I asked and her face turned serious.

"I think you should just hear it from the doctor" She said and took a seat on a chair next to me. I, then looked at the doctor for explanation.

"As you say, the 'little' headache you felt is not a simple headache. At first we checked we thought you are anemic. But this is not the case, the point is..... you have cancer or spesifically Chronic Myleoid Leukimia." He stopped to give me time to understand the situation. But...

'Leukimia, eh. A cancer that starts in the bone marrow. It's quite bad, isn't it? But I can't let myself be devastated from this. I will survive from this no matter what, this is my resolve. But for now lets get treatment' I thought.

"So, how bad my condition is right now?" I asked the doctor.

"Right now, you have a high level of white blood cells and is anemic. So we conclude you are in stage 2 of Chronic Leukimia." He said.

'I see... but this don't waver my will one bit. I will survive and get rid of this cancer in my body and one day I will become an artist that will make my big sister proud' I thought with burning will showed on my eyes.

.

.

.

.

(A/N: So for now I will post here first, but I will also post this on webnovel with the same name. Bye!)

22