Chapter6- Weihu
100 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Third person pov)

A little Fox was Moving through a forest. Arriving in front of a tree, it looked around, smelled, and licked around for any suspicious presence in the surrounding.

Feeling reassured, the Fox spirit proceeded to walk toward the tree as if it did not exist only to bump her head against the tree.

The little fox with its adorable eyes looked suspiciously at the tree as if to make sure that it was the right one. Again she tried to walk through it only to bump her head.

" Manym, please open the entrance," the little fox asked pitifully, with her eyes moist, showing behavior that only humans should have.

" sigh, you are trying to enter through the wrong side" a man's voice was heard, it was Manym the artifact spirit.

Hearing him, The spirit Fox felt a bit dumb, she lowered her head in shame and after repositioning herself she moved forward and saw the illusion warp in front of her, showing a familiar dark hole.

A second later the spirit fox named Weihu appeared in an artificial tunnel beautifully decored. She seemed proud as part of the design has been decided by her.

One year has passed since she discovered this place and met with Many the artifact spirit.

" you went out again" Manym cold voice sounded.

" Sorry..."Weihu said, lowering her head further.

" not only did you go out, but you fought against another demonic beast. Even though you know that your kind is being hunted down" Many explained.

" I was not in danger after all you were looking. You are so powerful and nothing wrong can happen"

" Flattery does not work. You are grounded" Manim said and the fox pouted.

What could he say? He did not want to imprison her. In this case, there will be no difference between him and her apart from the fact that she will be bigger, greener, and livelier.

' but as living beings, are we not we all living in some kind of prison?'Manym tough.

Being prisoned inside the ring had changed him. Gaining power with every passing day, with every new skill and technic mastered did not make him feel better.

His powerful spiritual sense could cover a great part of the forest but his true body could only move within the confine of the ring.

Manim looked at the Weihu. Her white fur had turned silver after a year of being nurtured by divine medicine, her potential was outstanding. But even then, her cultivation was far from enough to gain the approval from the ring even with his interference. The requirements were too strict.

Even then, he did not renounce pouring so many resources into her. Where will he find another master's candidate like her? After she had sworn to free him as soon as possible, and according to the beast tamer manuals he read, spiritual beast always kept their promises.

" It seems like I am only thinking of ways to use her" Manim reflected

" you can go out to play but not more than once per week. And it will only be possible if you cultivate well. Also, you can not leave the domain of my spiritual sense" as Manim said that he could see the spiritual fox ears perk joyously.

As he grunted, his spiritual sense returned inside the ring coalescing into his human form.

The spiritual fox climbed onto the altar, and its paw touched the ring. It spirit sense that it had trained hard during the last year trying to find its way inside it only to bounce back. Weihu frowned but only seemed more determined after the Setback as a strange light shined in her eyes.

From the inside, Manim was also grinding at the spiritual barrier that encased the ring to made things easier for her.

Manim wondered whether or not the creator of the ring had planned something like that when making it. If it was the case, it will mean that the man was even scarier than what he initially tough.

4