Chapter3-
151 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The spatial ring looked rusty and unassuming. In this state, no one will ever want to touch it, no one will even bother to look at it, as it was placed next to a boulder, surrounded by nothing else than darkness.

The sixth month had passed, no one, not even a rat had crawled inside this tunnel. Worst, I had dabbled in the field of artifact making and after many experiments, I arrived at a terrifying conclusion.

With my spiritual sense that could already cover the inner space of the ring and could extend further to the outside world, ten meters around the cursed ring, I should have been able to exit the ring easily.

There was only one explanation known to this day, as to why a sentient being will find himself trapped inside an artifact with no way out. It seemed like that day, when it all started, the ring has recognized me, not as its master but as its artifact spirit.

According to records I found in one of the crates, only the high-grade artifact had artifact spirit.

The reason was simply the fact that many conditions had to be satisfied, for them to reach that stage.

One needed to use the artifact for a year while infusing qi inside it, after hinting of sentient where birthed inside the artifact, the artifact will only be usable by Its master.

In the case of weapons, the battle efficiency of the master will raise.

The next one had to nurture, the spirit until it reached the stage of fully grown artifact spirit.

Some weapons with artifact spirits could even fight on their own.

Still, there were more nefarious methods, that were frowned upon. The requirements were easier to achieve, but these methods were also bloody and cruel, and they involved torturing people, killing them, and using their ghosts to make artifact spirits loyal to their master...

From the vast mountain of treasure the height of a truck in this realm, It certainly had an artifact spirit.

It would not be surprising, if it had been hiding the ring for a while, only showing itself when a suitable fool appeared before tricking him into becoming the next artifact spirit.

I shook my head and my idiocy.

But now was not the time to express regret.

I had many questions, like, where was the old artifact spirit. Dit it dies? Did it escape? Or was it just somewhere, observing my every move.

The worst thing, if the artifact spirit was already so dishonest, what about the owner of the ring? Could he or she somehow find the ring?

"At that moment, I will truly be finished"  I arrived at that conclusion easily.

I needed to find a way to get out of the ring and fast.

According to the records, the only way in which an item spirit could break free was either with the accord of his master rebelling against him and taking control of his body. In any case, I needed a master, a master weaker than me, which spirit I could completely crush ( evil laugh). But this place looked desert. There were not even small rats crawling inside.

I later found that my spiritual sense was not completely useless. Even though I could not move the ring in the slightest, I could still send items outside; and then, take control over them.

Sadly, there were no shovels in this realm, I could only make use of the weapons inside the space ring to the best of my ability.

*********

Ten years passed in the blink of an eye. During these years I never took any rest and the result made me proud of myself.

The place that was once a damp and dirty underground cave had grown into a palace.

The ceiling was engraved with an intricate design of almost every constellation that I knew, from the little poney to the twelve zodiacs. There were qi crystals engrained inside the stone. These qi stones had been modified so that they would produce a light similar to that of the sun. Walking along the majestic corridor was like walking right under the starry.

I also created a secret passage and concealed it later to keep away the nuisible and the pest. OnIy the chosen one will be able to enter, as I now could cover the entire place with my spiritual sense. On either side of the corridor, were imposing stone sculptures, representing heroes of unknown age, with different outfits. They were all the result of my failed attempts at making fighting puppets.

Living, inside the ring as long as someone grabbed it, I risked falling under his/her control. I knew since some time, that this cave was surrounded by a forest that was inhabited by vicious beasts and my sixth sense told me that I was not strong enough to face them. So I had started dabbling in the field of artifact making not only to find a way to escape but also because I wanted to protect myself.

I was not surprised by the fact that the ring had brought me from a street in the middle of a city, to a cave in the middle of a forest. It was a space ring after all.

In the main room, there was an altar with the ring resting on it.

as I could not move the ring, (I leveled the ground everywhere in the room so that it will look like an altar). Facing the entrance on the other side, there was a throne hidden behind a curtain.

With my plan all ready, I just needed one more thing, the arrival of the chosen one.

4