Chapter4-
144 6 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Stay vigilant. The cub must be close" a burly man said to his three companions as they went through the forest advancing toward the cave.

Before they even entered the area of my spirit sense, I detected this group of sixth men armed with swords and spears. Since that, I had been on guard.

" Lord Fifth master, only asked for the beast core of the demonic beast," said an older-looking man among the group who seemed more reticent.

The burly man glared at him.

" Are you dumb? The spirit fox was a demonic beast, so its cub also had the potential to reach that level, or to reach a higher level. It is also weaker so it will be fine to capture it.

Not only we will save old master daughter, but we will also become filthy reach" as the burly man explained that, but a glint of greed also appeared in the eyes of the young men.

" you are the one who is acting dumb. Don't you know that the spirit fox is not any demonic beast? It is considered as a spiritual beast, guardian of the Li forest.

The fifth master is already facing a lot of resentment just because he wants to save his life and the core of the spiritual fox is the main ingredient from the medicine that will save madam's life.

If people from the family learned that we also coveted its cub, it will be terrible for the fifth master. He will have no chance to inherit the position of the patriarch" the old man said wisely there was a bitter expression on his face.

Hearing him, the burly man sighed.

" you are right old Lu, I was blinded by greed just now. Some things should not be done" the man admitted guiltily.

The other men looked at him and shook their heads in admittance.

The group moved away from the place disappearing in the middle of the place. I was going to lose sight of them when I saw something unimaginable happen.

The old man was walking next to the chief of the team a shoulder-length away, and the young men were following behind them.

They were talking about a lot of things, reminiscing precious memories. Talking about the " fifth master did this..." when the fifth master did that..."

It was at that moment, that three of the young men made eye contact. They drew their weapons and they attacked at the same time. One sword aimed at the neck of the party's leader, the burly man. Two people attacked the old man, a spear aimed at his heart and a sword aimed at his shoulder.

With, their back opened, one would have tough that the two men were destined to die.

But as if he had eyes on its back, the party leader sidestepped beautifully escaping the attack. The sword missed its neck and only grazed its shoulder.

" what are you doing?" He roared but instead of answering the attacker followed by another slash of his sword that the leader countered with his saber.

" Did you turn mad?" The leader asked as he pushed the young man six steps away with his superior strength.

On the other size the old man, without even turning his head, twisted its tight. His body moved just like a snake evading the two attacks.

The spearman wanted to draw his weapon back ant the old man firmly took hold of it not letting go. The other man slashed against, but the old man's hand started to glow with a brown light and he pushed the sword away effortlessly.

He did not raise his legs from the ground, he just moved his knee in a way that made his body, turn, his toes were implanted in the soil. His muscle seemed to ripple briefly and the next moment, his palm moved forward with great momentum, making the sound of the explosion as they landed on the attackers.

The two men were sent away, as blood spilled around their mouths. They looked resentfully at the old man as his red palm imprint was left on their skin. Smoke was coming out of it and they felt like their flesh was burning.

The old man wanted to say something, but he quickly adjusted his position, trying to move away from the two arrows that were coming toward him.

In the meantime, the party leader and his opponent were slowly moving closer to them.

I was once more surprised as I sensed every man of the team except the old man swallow something that they had kept in their mouth until now.

The two men on the ground suddenly shouted, and every sign of pain and exhaustion seemed to disappear from their faces.

Without hesitation, they drew daggers from their inner clothes and rushed toward the old man.

The old man had to use one hand to block each of them while evading the arrows of the last one in the back. It was a bald middle-aged man.

The old man was losing ground but seemed confident.

" you are not going to hold it for looooo" Old man Lu wanted to say something dismissive but was interrupted as his hands were cut and sent flying by a familiar sword.

" Zhou.." He turned his head to the side and saw the one named Zhou staring viciously at him.

" I told you, Old Lu. Some things should not be done. It was our fortune to kill the spiritual fox while it was protecting his cube. Some things should not be done.

Like giving up on a life of wealth just because of a gullible and old idiot"

It was a call of death for old Lu, as his body was transported by one blade after the other.

All of this happened in the blink of an eye, but thanks to my increased spiritual sense, I did not miss anything thanks to my increased perception.

I was shocked by the synergy the 

Teams. From where I came, they would have won an Oscar or at least its local version, thanks to their acting skills.

After committing their crimes, the group of now five men looked at each other. The corpse of Old Lu was lying on the ground decapitated.

"It was more difficult this time" the archer considered.

"How could it be easy? Old man Lu trained under the fifth master, with the orthodox martial arts of the family.

In the future, we could also learn that kind of martial arts with all the wealth that we will find" the leader Zou said excitedly.

" now that old Lu is dead, what will we say to the fifth master" one of the younger men asked.

" the truth..." Leader Zhou said surprising the other aside from the archer.

" The poison was not as effective as we thought. The spirit fox was stronger than expected and old man Lu sacrificed his life so that we could kill it and save the fifth master wife."

As he said that he took a glass tube filled with an unknown liquid from his pouches and methodically applied it to its body.

" the spirit wolf used a demonic technique, and there is nothing left from old Lu.

Perhaps, the Fifth master will doubt our words and honestly but remember that he is indebted to us." After saying this he threw five pills and shared them with everyone from the team and a moment later their complexion seemed to get better.

" We must search for the club now. It is certainly close" saying this, they continued to move inside the forest as old Lu's body was being decomposed at a rate visible to the naked eye.

I felt somewhat sad for old man Lu, and also for myself. From their conversation, I gathered that the ring had brought me to a strange world. At least from the place that I came from, there were no spiritual beasts, demonic core, or people who could make their palm shine and block sword. Not that I knew, in any case. After all, I found a supernatural rung in a street.

The group started to get frustrated as they screened the area for a day. And still found nothing.

What they did not know was that while they were fighting, my spiritual sense caught the traces of the animal that they called a spiritual fox' cub. Its white fire was covered in blood and it hoped forward as one of his front legs seemed blocker.

They were good hunters, at could admit this much, but there was no chance that they will be able to see through the illusion that increased. They did not have a spiritual sense, and even if one did it was certainly weaker than mine.

As for their strength, each one of them seemed able to take one of the puppets that I had made.

After they searched for a long, they could not find anything so they left. They did not go too far and came back hours later for naught.

Now I mentally sighed as I had another task added to my long list: taking care of a pet. Looking at the little fox, baring its death at the inanimate sculpture of a human warrior, I was amused.

2