Chapter 7 – Looking for comfort?
1.9k 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This was getting ridiculous.

As I arrived to town, there were flyer posters in almost every part of street, at the baker, on the post and even on a cute little dog?

"Bamf!"

Eeew.. shoo shoo.

I kept my appearance with jet black hair, while Corelia's skin was still fair white, and also to avoid suspicion I bought her a pair of round rimmed glasses to make her look more docile...

We're almost there... just a few blocks more, the past has been a wild but tiring ride and all I want is just to get back to the Tavern for now and find where they buried Ulsin...

As I arrived at the tavern, all I saw was just a pile of rubble...

"Whaaa...t the fuck?"

Well so much for, a place to return to...

"Excuse me citizen! this area now belongs to her greatness, The High Nobless Aria" A male guard.. how rare.

I turned to my back and told him, Umm..Excuse me? why the fuck is the tavern building destroyed!? is what I wanted to say but... that's illegal so instead.

"I'm sorry, but what happened to the tavern here?" I said with a smile that I'm barely holding up...

"Ohh, citizen, haven't you heard? this building was burned and an unfortunate soul was lost, but thanks to our Governor high nobless Aria to help the mourning members she has bought the land and gave the money to the grieving family."

Is this guy some loyal puppy or just obsessed weirdo for this Noble chick... but this is quite the information, the timing is too painstakingly obvious but I need to confirm my suspicions.

"thank you for your patronage, sir protector of Olken"

I gave him a salute and hurriedly left the scene, I'm getting sick of hearing his patriotic speech about the Olkens governor... Since the tavern is gone, I have no choice but to stay in the Inn...

Me and Corelia arrived at the Inn and it wasn't bad to say the least but I didn't the steep price of one gold for a bed.

The receptionist was a guy too and just by looking at him I didn't like him one bit.

"A room please"

"That would be 1 gold."

Yup figures, that's almost all we have right now, I poured 100 silver on the table and the receptionist swiped it off the table and tosses me the key.

"your room is the 2nd door to the left upstairs."

after getting the key and room, we left the receptionist and head upstairs. as we were going up, there was a rich looking handsome muck that whistled and winked at Corelia as he steps down.

we both ignored him and continued towards the room and as we entered, the place was... normal

one bed and a table, quite enough since after a decently long journey, we finally dropped the equipment we were carrying, and without missing a beat, I dropped dead on the bed while Corelia kneels down and proceeds to polish the dirty equipment that we took from the hideout.

laying in bed made me realize.

Chrome was quiet for most of the day, I rolled over and raised my hand tapping on the red ring that saved my life.

The ring glowed red and a voice emanated to my thoughts. ~I apologize master, for my absence but I am simply conserving energy due to the amount of magic needed to maintain our appearance.~

I almost forgot, using the Thief's mask skill is magically taxing... since I basically have no magic at all, Chrome is the only one manifesting all my abilities now.

How's your magic?

~Still plenty, enough for about a day.~

Well if we just wait, your magic recharges back right?

~Unfortunately no... that is not the case~

"What?" Surprised, I sat up straight.

Then how do you get your magic back?

there was a silence for a moment and then Chrome spoke up.

~I need negative emotions around me, so that I can convert surrounding magic into my own.~

"You mean like me being angry?"

~well yes, but anger isn't the only negative emotion and it doesn't need to be only you...~

the ring pointed towards to Corelia. who was rubbing the swords with a cloth.

~I collect negative emotions from others as well...~

"You mean from Corelia too?"

~Yes, more commonly the Negative emotion that is released from sex...~

So lust is a negative emotion too...

"I can just go and fuck Corelia right now."

~That would be fine, but despite the massive amount of Lust that I receive from master, it is still barely enough to keep me awake and maintain the magic that I am projecting.~

"wait does the curse of Chrometheus consume magic too?"

 

~No, to be more precise the curse helps me regain more magic, that is if the person that is cursed is collecting Negative energy... I can take that and convert more magic.~

So we just need to find a way to have a large steady supply of negative emotion...

I thought for a bit and then it hit me.

.

.

.

how about a brothel!

~A brothel?~

Yes it is a perfect place to collect magic and make money! it's hitting two birds with one stone.

~But master, aren't you aware that this country absolutely abhors the idea of prostitution?~

Don't sweat the small details Chrome, I know what I'm doing, in fact I'm the best when it comes to this line of work, all I need you to do is trust me.

~If masters says so, so be it.~ 

I looked outside our the room window, I see a castle overlooking the town, A Colosseum sticking out like a sore thumb and strong looking people heading towards the guild...

More and more people are gathering into Olken, and the reason for that is...

A tournament was amidst.

15