Chapter 17 – The Commander’s Gamble…
1.1k 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a bright and sunny day, the wind was cool and the ground moist,'Today is a training day for the Soldiers of Olken, and we're located right outside the uninhabited borders of the state with Eldritch being the head combat instructor of the entire army.

I was thinking about the blandness of this worlds food while I sit by the rooftop tent, watching the soldiers run around whilst being barked with a multitude of insults from the terror Instructor herself.

"WHAT ARE YOU? MAGGOTFLIES? WHY CAN'T YOU MEN RUN ANY FASTER?"

With voice amplification magic, Eldritch was barking orders at the male soldiers that lagging behind from the women.

Can't blame them though, the soldiers look worn out from their duty of fighting demon beasts day and night then they're coerced into a harsh training regime spearheaded by a harsh leader...

"talk about harsh."

After a few minutes of intense running, Eldritch raises up her palm in the air for everyone to see and they all dropped down to take a breather but not before she barks up her next orders to which I had to intervene.

"Next up we have combat training and I'll be ins-"

"I'll be training with you!" I said cutting her off.

I went an announced my participation to the field training…

 

The whole field went silent, as I came up in front with my decision to train with them.

"Vice-commander Veron Oulit! what the hell are you thinking!? I'm the assigned officer for this training regimen and you're assigned to observe and learn from afar as the Nobless requested."

"She said requested not commanded and besides I'm done with observing, what am I supposed to do watch you train them like docile sheep that follow everything you say?"

The soldiers began whispering to one another surprised by the way I talk towards the high commander of Olken's forces.

I gave her a stern look, she understood what's up, I got dirt on her and if she doesn't listen to what I'm saying... well her let's just say her reputation was on the line.

She gave me a displeased face and set me aside and pulled me back to one of the meeting tents, away from the prying eyes of the soldiers,

The room was empty leaving the clandestine glow of the morning sun shining inside, we stood around looking at each other like we were on a staring contest...

Eldritch wittingly breaks the silence.

What is your problem? She says folding her arms and eyes leering for answers.

“I wanted to become a commander didn’t I?” I argued “Why won’t you let me?”

“Because you’re inexperienced and in-adept, it would take you years before you could even lead by my side.” Eldritch says in a condescending tone.

Man… this bitch is really a stuck-up. I absolutely hate her guts…

“Oh yeah!? Then what about I prove it! (Bitch!)”

“Oh challenging me are you well then how about we settle for a wager?”

“Wager? Don’t you know what position you are in right now? you have nothing against me while in the other hand I do."

“I have made up my resolve! I don’t give a damn if you tell the Nobless! Hell I’ll even tell her myself!”

“Then do it then...”

“I won’t…”

“Well what’s the point?”

“Because I know what you really want.”

“Huh?”

She walked quickly towards and grabs my hand pulling it towards her soft chest....

“I know you want this…” she says with her confident voice slowly crumbling…

“How would you know?” I said clenching my hand on her breast.

“Because all men are the same!” Eldritch says with stern face she throws away my hand and turns to the side “All men except for my Master Duran…”

“Why are you madly in-love with that old-fart? I just don’t get it.”

Angered she looked at me once again and this time she unsheathed her rapier by her side and points it at me.

“Don’t you dare! Speak of him in that manner! He is more of a man than you’ll ever be!”

“alright, alright…” I said with my hands raised… “I guess you really me caught red-handed… so what are you intending to wager?”

"First of all If I win... you'll forget that me having a relationship ever happening but... if I lose I'll"

“If I lose, what?”

"I'll submit my body to you..."

"Hmmm?"

"I'll follow your every order"

I stared at her for a minute...

Is she making a make or break for this? an offer for her to submit to me sounds too good to be true... and on the other hand if I lose I will lose my right to blackmail her...

“All of you” I looked at her from top to bottom… “Is mine?”

She gave a fierce but she turns her face looking down.

"to make things clear… if ever the off chance that you win…you'll have my body but you will never have my heart... I will still belong to my Lover…"

So no matter what win or lose she gets to keep her lover and reputation, sounds a bit unfair but the only thing I really want is to put her to bed…I creeped a smirk, "Okay, I'm disappointed that you'll never be fully mine, but your body would suffice...

 Like a light of hope gleamed to her eyes, her face changes to that of a confident commander and in a serious tone she replies.

“So it is settled then… You have agreed to our wager…” she pulls something from behind and it was a piece of paper…

It was a contract…

“You even prepared a contract for this wow…”
She must have really thought this far ahead… no wonder she’s the High Commander… that title is really not just for show.

.
.
.

"Haaa.... " Scratching my head I gave a deep sigh, venting out my frustrations, the reason was that even though she said we'd play, the actual gamble will actually take place next week...

She must also have plans on her own… but also… hmmm if I really think about it, is Eldritch a virgin? (must be preparing for the worst I reckon.)

Hehehe…

Thinking back of what she said.

"I will be leading the women's division while you will lead the men."

From what I see, she was basically saying that she will lead the most equipped, well trained and well-disciplined part of the army while I will be left with the weak, uncoordinated and under-equipped men of the army.

but still, I got what I wanted...

Though it's not that I really expected...

Standing in front of me are columns of my fellow brothers.

A bunch of brutes who could barely stand up against their highly trained female counterparts in a 1 on 1 fight...

Can't really blame, with all the poor treatment going against the men of this country I wouldn't be surprised...

Looking at the far left part of the field we could already see Eldritch prepping her army for the battle that is to come a week from now...

 

Not wasting time I faced back towards my brothers in arms and gave a loud shout!

"ALL OF YOU MEN, AT EASE!"

Everyone breathe a sigh of relief and stood up in a more relaxed position...NOW LISTEN...
I walked in closer to them...

"As you can see, I made a bet with the Highest commander that I can beat her in a game of leadership, but I'm sure that you all know that by fighting her and against an army that strong we have literally no chance in a square fight."

The faces of the male soldiers dropped, their meager morale was already depleting.
"So we're gonna take them by surprise."

Some looked at me with weird looks others just looked confused.

"Women have their own code and think that by fighting with honor and strength they can overcome any battle! but for me, I say, TO HELL WITH THAT SHIT!"

With my sudden shout, all the men tensed up and looked at me.

"Are we going to let the chains of weakness bring us down while these people enjoy the convenience of life? make them look at us as if we're maggots?! or are we really the MAGGOTS that they call us!?"

Men were beginning to be riled up, some even were returning to parade rest.

"Are we MEN!? or just SISSY BOYS waiting to be slaughtered! TELL ME!"

In a Unison they all shouted "MEN!!!" like a large blow of a bomb.

"Good."

This reminds me the first time I gathered criminals from the streets to form my enterprise... Haa.. good times...

I walked out of the columns going towards the front, I looked at them with a stern face.

All these men eager to hear my voice of command.

In my playbook we will not fight fair but rather we will use everything within our disposal to fight them may it be ambush tactics, Underhanded tactics, the terrain, etc.

just you wait, Eldritch… that strong face of yours will be crumbling in pleasure soon.

hehehe….

 

6