Chapter 22 – A Crisis, the Capital and the Queen.
995 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Her words shunned me...

Like a blow to the head, such an insult baffled me, beyond relief...

The Phony war that we had has ended in my loss yet it ended with me becoming the new high commander.And for Eldritch's
("You're just a kid, taking advantage and ruining people's lives.")

I'm a kid? yes... in a literal sense I am, being young and full of energy made me reckless again, made me proud and flamboyant quite the opposite of who I really am...

I think... And I tried to recollect myself...

I am, Veron Oulit, former brilliant criminal mastermind and brothel kingpin... I was killed and reincarnated into this world... aiming to live a life of leisure, pleasure and revenge...

But etched into the very deep corners of my mind there was something missing, a whole lot to be exact...

I'm not me... I just know it.

I mean I am me. but thinking about it feels just so wrong...

There was only one person I could think of that has information about me...

Lilina Borough...

Yet thinking about her, the literal defense general of this country gives me a bad taste in the mouth yet there was no other choice...

I hardly slept as I thought about more about my existence...
.
.
.
Early the next morning

The carriages were ready, a large convoy of soldiers were deployed to protect the Nobless from the long Journey...

Aria the Iron Nobless inside the Carriage wearing a red frilly long dress fitting her role as a just and Iron clad authoritarian, is what I would think if she wasn't showing so much cleavage which was in plain view as I was sitting opposite to her.

A horn resonated through the castle, it was the signal that tells everyone it was time to move...

Soldiers on horseback surround the Carriage with Eldritch being on the front of them.

People gathered around saying farewell to their Nobless.

Noise and cheers were heard.

But Aria was not at all amused... She peeks by a small slit inside the Carriage

"I hate to see the poor mixed in with the rich, it just feels unnatural..."

"..." I didn't comment my thoughts were in the clouds.

She looks at me, the high commander with my arms folded and eyes staring down at floor...

Then she thought of an idea...

placing her hand on her lap, She raised her skirt to show off her beautiful legs.

Realizing that she teased me, I acted accordingly as if I was bashful and turned away.

Covering her mouth she tried to hide her laughter, then tried to once again spark a conversation.

"What's wrong Veron? you seem deep in thought?"

"Oh it's nothing to worry about milady, I am simply thinking of ways to improve our kingdom since I am the new High Commander."(lie)

Aria blushed and was taken aback, certainly not a response that really expected knowing my usual brash and brutish bravado way of speaking disappeared, instead, she sees a formal young gentleman who's way of speech is fitting for a nobleman...

Her eyes widen but soon softened, "You've change Veron..."

I also was taken by surprise "How so? I-is it bad?"

"Yes, it's very bad. Very bad indeed commander," she says in reply.
Aria stood up from and then sat beside me.

"It's bad because I might fall for those sweet endeavors." she says as she places her head on my shoulder.

"Your humor is very charming milady."(lie)

As she lay down her head and rests.

The back of my mind starts to ache...

Right beside me, is Aria Freud, the Iron Nobless who is now relaxing and defenseless beside me.

The very person who ordered the murder of Ulsin...

I clenched my hand, doing my best to hide my boiling anger...

Now now... you can't outright kill her... I repeat to myself.

Yes, you must wait for the opportune moment, she needs to suffer the consequences of her actions...
...
I gently caressed her hair and she snuggles... in peace... For now...

The travel towards the west, near the capital we encountered many of Njilven's other nobles all of which is not by surprise Women... together with their respective commanders and elite soldiers others were friendly whilst others were not...

And as if no time has passed, the sun nearing reaching its peak, we have already arrived at the capital of Njilven...

Which is frankly called the Kingdom of Wisdom...

It was all that I expected a capital would be like, fields upon fields of farmland surrounds its large walls.

Inside resides beautifully designed houses, all of which are erected in similar fashion...

kinda reminds me of the clustering houses seen in Italy.

And a building that resembles a church, with the stained glass wooden door and everything.

"Veron that's the Church of the Crimson order, the main religion of our country." Aria Comments.

"I see... I agree it is quite pleasing to the eyes." (Lie)

Because in reality I hate the ideas of churches... I remember one time in my old world, I would visit these buildings for the sake of image, seeing Clergy's and Oligarchs preaching and praising the name of their God, but when night falls they come to one of my brothels and show their true colors indulging on the bodies of women.

"There must be priests and monks there right?"

"What do you mean Priests and monks? There are only Priestesses and Nuns that serve the Crimson order."

"Oh really? I must have been misinformed..."

...Aren't you from Elkia, Veron?

"Oh I meant I was born in Elkia but I lived in a faraway country..."

"Oh!? so you must have been baptized by the red pool during birth?"

"Uhhh I have no recollection whatsoever but I think I do... if I go to one."

"Well, then how about we go to church tomorrow? To jolt your memory."

"Go to church?" (Yes) "That would be a splendid Idea"

there must be women there that I could coerce into giving Chrome some power or maybe give me a new skill...

Just as we were talking we were cut off by a loud trumpet sound.

I looked towards the front of the carriage as Choirs roused into song, trumpeters blaring their horns and thumps of drums beats in intervals.

Red Flower petals were falling from the sky and there it was.

The Large beautiful high castle that I could only imagine to be the creation of a fairytale yet here it was.

With towers as high as skyscrapers, and roofs embedded with decor that fits this other-worldly presence.

Entering its large metal gate I see the just beyond the rows upon rows of carriages, standing on top of large flight stairs that surround the main entrance of the castle.

Was the Beautiful Queen of the Njilven...

She was tall, her hair silver was in the shape of waves adorned with a beautiful crown that looked as sharp as the tips of arrows. Her face sculpted beautifully with her jawlines sharp as her yet contrasts with her calm brown eyes, her lips pink and lustrous and a figure that's killer.

She stands overlooking her subjects with beauty and confidence... certainly, an image fitting to be the Queen of this Country.

"The Queen is quite young looking isn't she" I commented.

"Well if you're into that I guess, but I warn you that woman has lived for almost a century."

My smiling face turned into shock.

A century!? what the hell how is that possible?

"Well rumors say that she is part elf other says that she is cursed to stay young but do you know what I think?"

"What?" I said curiously

"It's because of her magic."

"Magic? what do you mean?"

" Well despite being the Queen of Njilven she possesses one the 7 Hero weapon of Virtue namely the Weapon of Wisdom," she says, pointing towards the golden scepter that the Queen is holding.

"From the stories I heard from my she stays young forever because the God's has bestowed her the gift of eternity to help rule and restore the kingdom after the death of the Demon God Sien."

I looked once again outside the blinders of the windows and surprisingly the Queen was facing towards me as if looking at me in the eyes, from that action alone I pulled myself away.

This is dangerous, this woman is the Queen of wisdom, does that mean she knows everything?

~I doubt that my master.~

What do you know?

But before Chrome reply, our Carriages has reached its destination and parked a few meters beyond the front lawn, it was our signal to step down and see the Queen.

I stepped down first, helping the Princess the next. Eldritch followed soon after but barely a few steps behind.

Carrying a parasol I accompanied Aria as we tread towards the castle lawn where many of the state noblewomen and their escorts has gathered.

And beyond the seas of men and women, standing beside the Queen herself was the woman who sought after me with request posters that fill every end of Olken for the past few days...

Short Blonde hair, sharp cold eyes matched with a firm and unchanging expression. 

The mysterious Defense Commander, Nobless and Heroine of Njilven.

Lilina Borough...

4