Chapter 24 – A night full of neglect and surprises.
1.1k 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The room was decent, it had a bathroom just by the door there were two beds with a desk table on their right sides, suitable for two occupants, I was told by Aria beforehand that I was going to be sharing it with a roommate.

But…

This is ridiculous

On the rightmost bed by the window, resting her legs on the floor, was Eldritch the former High commander preparing her array of beautifully sewn underwear

And her eyes were obviously not happy with my presence and before I could even say anything to defend myself, she pulled out a crossbow from under and started shooting.

(FWIP!)

The Arrow barely missed my face, the wind brushed my cheek

~Master!~

 “Seriously! This is fucking dangerous! Can’t we talk for a second!?”

“DIE NOW! TALK LATER!” She says loading the crossbow again.

Fuck, she is really angry this time.

Just as this commotion was happening the door behind me opened and as it was about to open Eldritch dislodged another arrow from her weapon.

And once again it misses me barely, and instead lands deep within the thick oaken door behind me…

Which opened to discover a very surprised Nobless on the other side, Aria enters the room her expression changed from shock to anger in a second.

“Eeep!” Eldritch stands up from the floor, dropping the illegal crossbow from the room and bows down to her lady, ignoring the fact that she was only wearing underwear the entire time.

I gave her a perverted look making her notice the added sexual predicament she was in...

“Veron!”

“Yes Milady?”

“Get Out! I need to discipline our rude and despicable Vice-commander right here.”

“As you wish!” her voice made me frantic so I quickly bowed to her and without another word I left the room closing the door behind me.

But stepping outside was barely enough to muffle the sound of what was currently going on inside.

SPANK! SPANK!

.

.

.

It was already late in the evening, me and Eldritch were now walking towards the Castle’s military mess hall as the nobles eat on the lavish dining rooms.

Eldritch was carefully rubbing her ass to ease it up from all the beatings she received by Aria.

“Huhuhu that was like one the very rare times Aria laid her hands on me.”

‘Wait she has done it to you before?”

“yeah like when we were little…. Why the hell am I saying this to the guy who caused this in the first place.”

“Whoaaa, don’t pin this on me I expected my roommate to be a male.”

“You could have at least knocked on the door.”

“Seriously it was a guy’s room!”

But reason was not in Eldritch’s mind as she raced off towards the mess hall, leaving me in the dust.

What’s really absurd was that she insisted on sleeping on the men’s area, because apparently the rooms of the Male commanders were just around the corner from the noble’s sleeping quarters unlike their female counterpart, which were assigned on a lower floor. Requesting Aria for assistance, she gained access to my room.

Eldritch sped-off and I didn’t particularly chase after her since we would still be returning to the rooms after eating.

It only took a few moments later to reach it but I eventually arrived.

And in all honesty it was a place I expected it to be, the area was rowdy, rows upon rows of tables with soldiers and the like dining together with their buddies, noticing also the long line of people waiting for their turn to get served by the castle matrons.

I looked around and I see Eldritch already sitting down with our group of Olken Soldiers that accompanied us.

I just brushed them off, I was hungry and I didn’t even bother waiting on long-ass line of people so I went ahead the food table and just grabbed a bunch of fruits, screw the long line.

Obvious stares of annoyance were apparent as I grabbed an apple looking fruit and some grapes? Well anyways.

I turned to the Olken’s table carrying my fruits, when I notice that Eldritch looked like she was being harassed.

I went walked closer towards them but by the looks of it, Eldritch heed her no mind.

“Why won’t talk to me huh? Miss sword mistress of the Boarder.” The soldier harassing her said.

“Sorry I don’t talk to strangers, especially those that reeks the smell of traitors.” Eldritch replies as she continues to eat on her table.

 

Then out of the blue this soldier suddenly grabbed a green wine bottle from another table and swings it towards Eldritch who was seemingly unaware of the soldier’s action.

I wasted no time to stop it from happening, grabbing the assaulters arm and just in the nick of time too.

People around us gasped as a fight was about to erupt thankfully a soldier was able to prevent things from turning ugly.

Damn this person is strong, and now that I notice this person is actually a cute chick.

Short white hair and a short petite body, reminds of Puree for some reason undfortunately unlike Puree her face screams angry all over.

“And who the fuck are you!?”

“Some nobody preventing bad shit from happening.” I said to the snobby little brat.

“Veron! Step back, this is my problem.” Eldritch says as she takes off from her seat.

Being tapped made me shift my gaze from the ravening lion towards Eldritch and that was all what the white haired girl needed.

With that opening she quickly escaped from my grip and this time swung the bottle towards me.

SMASH! A direct hit to the face, the glass bottle turned to shards splashing my face with the remaining wine.

“Veron!” Eldritch gasped.

I dropped on my ass, thankfully it didn’t hurt that much.

With me out of the way and catching Eldritch’s attention

“This is what losers get for making fun of me.”

“Your actions are inexcusable.” Eldritch says unsheathing her rapier from her side.

“Tchh how typical, this is what I’m really waiting for!” The petite girl then grabs two metal gloves from her back and wears them.

Two fierce fighters ready to rumble, though I can’t wait for Eldritch to kick her ass.

The mess hall was now focused on this spectacle; others look in silence while others were rousing up into an uproar cheering the two female soldiers on to fight.

“FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!”

Eldritch took her signature stance while her opponent raised her fists.

“WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!?”

A voice resonated from the entrance that I went from.

It was Lilina followed by her fellow heroine Mocha.

Everyone froze up, the air turned from uproar to dead silence in a matter of seconds.

It’s the commander again?

I looked at her and by her look, she seems she caught my gaze.

~Master, the situation is not looking good we should leave at once. ~

No kidding getting near her is bad news,

As Lilina turns to approach the cause of the commotion, I slipped under one of the tables and evaded her presence.

The two women who were about to fight earlier are now bowing down apologetically towards the revered defense commander of the entire kingdom.

She folds her arms and looks around.

“Weren’t there three people involved in this incident?” Lilina questions the pair.

Eldritch looks back to the spot where I supposed to be but instead what’s left was the shattered glass sprinkled pool of red wine.

“He somehow slipped commander…”

“I see… so it seems both of you will the ones explaining this commotion.” Lilina says in a very condescending voice.

.

.

.

My clothes were wet and the smell of wine reeks on every corner of the cloth.

I went of the mess hall to return to the rooms to get a change of clothes.

As I opened the door, there was an unexpected guest.

Milady?

“Oh Veron you’re back early!” She says surprised “What happened to your clothes?”

“Oh this?” I said to pointing towards my red-stained overalls.

“This is a result of my intervention between a ruffian and our beloved Vice-Commander Milady.”

“Is that so? …Hmm… I shall go outside; you better get those clothes changed as soon as possible.”

“I see, thank you very much…”

Aria went out of her way and went outside leaving me alone in the room.

It only took a few moments and I was able to immediately change my clothes and Aria returned soon after.

This time she carrying a bottle of wine and two drinking glasses

“Huh?” I looked bewildered by the scene

“Seeing the red wine made me feel parched so I took some from my own personal collection.”

“You didn’t have to milady.” I mean seriously she didn’t have too.

“Well I insist Sir Veron.” She ignores my plea and proceeds to fill the two drinking glasses…

Unbeknownst to me she actually trickled a bit of powder on my glass when I wasn’t looking.

And she hands out a glass to me.

“Uh okay…”

I looked at my tincture full of wine and swirled it around, and I placed my lips on its edges waiting for a sip.

Knock Knock knock knock.

All escorts and personnel are requested to come to the Queen’s court effective immediately. A muffled voice said behind the door.

“Oh I must apologize milady but there seems to be unexpected audience for the Queen.”

“Oh no worries Veron! But you may drink your wine before you go.”

“Oh no milady, I don’t want to be other than mildly sober if I were to meet the Queen.”

With no other word as if shutting the milady’s mouth with logic, I left the glass on my table and went out.

The brush of wind and Ghost-dead silence made the Nobless perturbed, “Well I never” isn’t this man full of surprises? Leaving me in the dust…

The Iron looks down on the floor her plans foiled by impeccable timing…

The door that reeks of oak wood opens once again and comes in, the Vice-commander.

“Miss Aria? I didn’t know you were here?”

“Oh… don’t worry I will be taking my leave…”

“Ahh milady I didn’t mean it that way.”

“Oh no, I’m not leaving because of you… I just feel that the night is old and I feel that my lids are so heavy they might fail at any given moment.”

“Is that so… Sleep well then milady.” Eldritch says as she bows down whilst Aria moves across her path.

The door clicked, foots steps pattering away from the distance…

As the presence of the Iron nobless was well far-gone, Eldritch heaves a great sigh.

“haaa…. What a day” stepping deeper in the room she notices a bottle of Wine and a full wine glass.

“Well what do we have here?”

The curious commander looks around for a bit as if suspecting the conniving high-commander of his presence…

“Well today has been long and grievous the lady won’t mind if I drink this wouldn’t she?”

Thus she picks up the glass and drank it till the very last drop.

“Ahh that hit the spot…”

Putting the glass down on a clink~

She sits down on the side of her bed.

“That one drink was sure potent… I can feel my cheeks burning from the aftertaste…”

Unfortunately, it wasn’t just her cheeks burning but also her head, her arms, her entire body was suddenly tripping upwards in temperature, becoming sensitive from the very fabric of her own clothing, tingly yet annoying.

“What? I didn’t think I would be this weak to alcohol… well I must be tired… that’s all…”

Taking her shoes off, she lies on her bed… the room’s temperature ever increasing… unbuttoning her shirt and her pants, a wet spot forming on the fabric between her legs.

“What’s happening to me?” she says covering her face with her arm…

Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to a few hours yet her heat and aching body still persists.

Then the door clicks open again.

The cheeky, conniving, high-commander of the Olken army returned from a short but abrupt meeting.

And he looks at his roommate

“Eldritch?”

3