Chapter 26 – Fate twists at every turn.
846 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Lewd illustration poll for VOL.1 Characters.
  • Succubi Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Bunnies Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Maid Uniforms. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swimsuits Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SFW nude. Votes: 1 12.5%
Total voters: 8 · This poll was closed on Jun 15, 2020 01:45 PM.
Important Chapter, please don't read if you haven't read the first chapters.

Rows upon rows of carriages are carrying their nobles as an event is unfolding within the large confines of the Castle's ballroom.

The full moon shines brightly tonight as it gleams its glow to the formal banquet prepared by the Queen herself.  Classical music is played in tow and like most people, these men and women wearing masks eating, talking, and dancing. and just having a swell time. 

Well for me, I'm not most people, I'm a thug who thrived in the streets of crime, who organize master plans and execute them to perfection, I don't mingle with these naive money bag bastards and that is what I thought throughout the evening but to be honest it seems that I just weirdly don't enjoy these kinds of things or... something else entirely was spoiling my evening.

Just beyond my gaze was the woman that is haunting me in my dreams, the very person who is looking for me, or to be more precise a man looking and named just like me.

Lilina Borough, not only does her background give a bad taste in my mouth, she is practically like the Head of security of the entire kingdom the bane of every criminal like myself. not like I've been doing any crimes ever since coming here... except sexually.

Come to think of it... I really haven't been able to do any crimes... if I were in my old life I would be murdering or raping every miserable sod that would come to my way, gather myself my own army of thugs, hell I could do that right now with Chrometheus at my side.

But every time I think of doing outrageously criminal the thought of Ulsin... that old man really softened me up good, sadly despite a spiteful old bastard, he was too weak to actually do the deed.

That's why he died...

"Find my daughter... my ass how the hell should I know?" I scoffed at his last words "Shit, you didn't even talk about her. let alone having kids."

I wanted to clear my head, something refreshing might help, I walked passed by the crowd mingling folk and arrived at the banquet table to grab a drink.

The classical music livened up and men were asking women for ballroom dancing. and just a few steps away from me is Lilina Borough being courted by a lot of men asking her hand for a dance.

But by the looks of it, she is not interested not one bit.

Her eyes wander around looking for help and coincidentally they meet mine. I turned my own away peering into the distance as if nothing happened.

Unfortunately, fate is not kind to me today and before I knew it, Lilina, the very person that I am trying to avoid is right in front of me amidst the crowd of socialites... 

Our distance virtually non-existent her eyes as begging for me to ask.

One of the men beside me who caught wind of her glances towards me, a possibly drunk commented on Lilina's appearance, "My good sir, Beautiful, sexy and with an air of mystery around her, why not take such an irresistible offer?"

I raised my hand from him to block him off, I didn't want anyone lecturing me on my decisions, especially one who is by now obviously drunk by his slurried speech.

"One doesn't dance with the devil so easily."

Suddenly the lights around us turned off, women gasped, men surprised and whispered until everyone fell silent.

Classical music started playing and finally, a bright light was shone on the Queen highlighting an announcement.

"May the grand ballroom dancing begin!" she says.

The nobles applaud and men started asking women for their hand to dance.

Lilina was again stealing glances from me from time to time... and seeing that she was eager to dance.

Instead an Ill-mannered young man grabbed her by the hand, a sour sort that looks like the mix between spoiled milk and rotten eggs.

Dragging her off to the array of couples already dancing together.

But just as he was to step into the light, I grabbed him behind the collar and threw him away, humorously disappearing into the crowd of people.

"Just when I was about to approach you, it seems that fate made it the opposite." Lilina remarked on my interference.

"Please don't be bewildered, I just did what any gentlemen would do."

"Yet despite all these gentlemen it was only you who saved me."

"To be frank, you didn't need to be saved Miss... You just needed assistance."

"Well since we're already here, care for a dance?"

"I'm sorry but I do not wish to-"

"That's the wrong answer!" she says as she pulls me into the light  Grabbing my hand she guided me towards the middle and stopped.

The sounds of string instruments elegantly waltzing to a beat,

With no other choice, I reluctantly grabbed her hand and her waist to start dancing.

"You are very good at this..." she complimented.

"I'm surprised myself..."

We swayed from side to side, skillfully dancing to the beat of the music.

"You're quite the charmer, you remind me of someone special?"

"I'm flattered, is he your lover?"

"Oh... No more than that he was my family."

"Is this the man you're still looking for?"

"Yes... the man who coincidentally looks like you."

"Heh, unfortunately I am not he, who you are looking for."

"Are you now?"

under the bright light her face glistens and her eyes peers into my own... but they weren't eyes looking at adoration instead.

It was if her eyes were prying into whatever secret I have.

"I know him from every last detail... from the way he steps, the way he holds, from the looks to the hands that feels cold."

"You must be mistaken, I came from a far away land Miss Lilina."

"And where might that be?"

I couldn't lie her eyes pierce as if checking for lies.

There's no denying it."

~Master, this situation is dangerous, I advise that you leave immediately.~

I wish I could do just that, I thought whilst I am still dancing gleefully with the General... and in a final twirl the music stops, every one of the dancers separates and gave their curtsy and bows.

As I gave my bow, Lilina did her curtsy but her face was blank disappointed, unsatisfied.

So she did the unthinkable.

She once again grabbed me by the arm and dragged me to the balcony.

"You're Verron aren't you?" Lilina remarked accusingly.

"Yes, my name Veron Miss Borough but I'm not the one you're looking for."

But as if ignoring the words uttered from my mouth she quickly closed our distance, the taps of her shoes strong, heavy, and unwavering.

"You are him," she says as she grabs my arm.

Nothing was shaking off her resolve and this is getting out of hand, I need her to back off.

"Miss Borough I told you you are mistaking me for someone else-"

"SILENCE!" She shouted.

At that exact moment as she said that my hair reverted from black to ashen white.

"What the!? what have you done?"

"I knew it..."

~Master she disabled all your active magic.~

I pulled my arm away from her.

"Your presence reeked of him, but you were completely different and I thought I lost my mind. "

Her face turned from anxious to blank in a matter of seconds...

"But it seems something has happened that made you forget who you are!"

She grabbed her necklace pulls it off from her neck.

"Elitheus! I beseech thee!"

~Master she's summoning her weapon~

As Lilina says those words, a blue sheathed sword grew from the palm of her hand and consequently took her sword pointing it towards me...

"It took so many lonely months to find you! and just as I losing hope, The Goddess blessed me and returned you to me!"

I absolutely had no Idea, what was going on but it clearly seems that the General has lost her mind.

Just as I was about to release Chrome, an unexpected ally arrive.

"General or not I request that you lay down your arms Hero Lilina!" Eldritch says, brandishing her signature Rapier.
Eldi! Thank the heavens she's here.

I tried to move from my spot towards her but just as I was about to do that, Lilina's sword quickly placed its tip on my neck.

"This matter is not of your concern Miss please let us be," Lilina says to Eldritch.

"He is my commander and leader of the Olken army I must persist."

Stiff and unyielding, none of us were unable to move an inch, Eldritch with her rapier aimed and ready against her intimidating adversary.

"Miss Borough, I do not know what he has done to you but there is a proper way of doing these things."
The tense sound of leather rubbing as the two women grip their weapons strongly, Lilina looked at me straight in the eyes, the cold sadness

from her stare pierced the anxiety into me.

Then gently she closed her eyes, gave a disappointed sigh, and sheathed back her sword. Eldi followed after returning her rapier to her side. and I gave a short gasp of relief as the worst has come to pass...

But shortly after sheathing her sword, Lilina immediately steps forward to me, catching me off guard and like a swipe of a gale's wind, she grabbed me by the collar and pulled me towards her lips.

HMMPHH!?!?!?

I was taken aback! Eldi shocked!

And it was more than a kiss, she continued to insert her tongue and pushed into mine, twirling and wrapping itself onto mine, mixing our saliva.

After what seemed like an entire hour, only five minutes have passed.

After letting go a trail of saliva hang in between us.

Eldritch, coming back to her senses quickly enlarged the distance between us pulling me away from Lilina.

Life was absent from my eyes... as the mere event shocked me to my very core.

"Veron?" Eldritch asks while Lilina just smiles.

I laid limp on the ground eyes devoid of its light.

Physically there but not in mind.

Because deep in my subconscious.

I realized from that moment on.

...I am not Veron Oulit... 

1