Chapter 34 – Diebin, The Kingdom of Goods.
351 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I came here to turn this place into a new playground and turning men and women to do my bidding, but as of now I have nothing.

Wasting no time, Miss Oulit arranged an envoy to deliver a message of alliance to her old friend who is currently the noble in charge in the port-city of Diebin, with me being the personal body guard of Eine which in my opinion is dumb, but I guess ever since the death of her husband she’s taking extra pre-caution, well since she’s going to keep her word on her end of the deal then if this means I get some help towards taking back my place back in Olken, I’d oblige.

Well aside from not trusting me shit, but I’m pretty she’s just pissed about the fact that her husband died while I was there.

It’s been three days since we escaped the kingdom, and I’m ready going to another mission where I’m sticking out my neck for Ulsin’s bombshell wife and daughter, and also it’s been three days since this body’s remaining memories returned, and boy to think that this kid had a horrible childhood too makes me want to relate to him more.

I guess his conscience is still in me somewhere in this sick head of mine.

Anyways, getting these memories didn’t do me jack shit other than know how pathetic this kid was.

While the carriage rattles around I looked at the ring my supposed  dad gave me.

An 8th hero? Sounds like some cringy legend since all of the heroes from what I’ve heard are all women, heck even now all the heroes of the kingdom are currently women.

Especially that Lilina, I’m not afraid of her personally but from how my body reacts, she must have given former me the Heebie-jeebies.

Talking about heroes, “oi Eine how did Lilina become the legendary defense general of the Kingdom?

Have ya been living under a rock? Who da fuck doesn’t know About Lilina the Sword Prodigy?

Sword prodigy huh? Well judging from my memories… She must have held back when Verron dueled with her. But I was under a rock for almost a year, how the hell should I know?

“Well sorry for being a dumb ass can you please at least enlighten me?”

“ Well since you’re being nice I’ll tell ya, ever since becoming a noble of her own region after she beat some pathetic sack of potatoes for the title of nobility last year, her and many other nobles were invited around the kingdom to decide the next defense General since the former was already a rusting old man

 

With this in mind, it seems like the “enemy” of the queen took this opportunity where the nobles are gathered together to unleash numerous amount of powerful demonic beasts lead by assassins in the kingdom killing dozens of soldier’s in their wake but through Lilina’s exceptional leadership and skill with the sword she was able to protect the citizens and defeat the Demonic beasts in one fell swoop.

It decided right there and then by the Queen of Wisdom that she will become the next General in charge of the Kingdom and she took that opportunity without question, while her mother Elise takes charge of her region during her times of absences.

“Sounds kinda shady if you ask me Eine.”

“I thought so too, but I don’t know jack shit about politics bro, I just know how to fight that’s all there is for me, especially that fight with her, mwah delish.”

“You really are a blood thirsty idiot.”

“Shut up you, fucking pervert, gropes breasts in the middle of the day.”

“I would do that again if you want.” I said wriggling my fingers towards her chest

“Try me and you’d wonder why you’re missing your third leg.”

Hey, it was just a joke, I’d take you out to dinner before doing any of that.

She punches me hard on the shoulder.

You’re mah bro, you can’t do that to me.

“Hah, even when you act like a some kind of berserker,  you still blush like a girl.” I told her teasing

Do ya wanna die bastard? She retorts, her face reddening like a tomato

~Are you planning on conquering her too master?~

Well, who wouldn’t want a muscle head falling for ya?

~I guess you’re right~

Diebin is right up ahead. Looking through the driver’s seat, over the horizon sits a walled city similar to Olken except for the fact it’s beside the sea and a wide gap was open by the wall to let the ships in.

The smell of the sea breeze was refreshing from all the city stink I was used to,

“finally my ass and ears are starting to hurt listening to this idiot” Eine says picking her ear

The Carriage entered through the opened gates and it was clear this place was a bustling city center for trade.

Merchants carrying goods to and fro, birds sitting by the roofs watching the bystanders phasing through crowds.

But a building caught my eye, just before a drizzling fountain is a large building.

“That’s our objective right there, the biggest trading center of Diebin it’s also where the office of this place’s noble office is”

The Vizeri Plaza

The most prominent merchants travel across distant lands just come here to buy stuff dirt cheap and sell it gold when they come to frontier regions like Olken.

“So who are we meeting?”

“My mom’s best friend and Noble in charge of this place. Admiral Captain Camille La croix!”

 

On the top floor of the Vizeri Plaza, leering eyes gazes over our hero and his companion.

(Inside the office of the Noble Ms. La Croix)

The curtains close, and a woman mumbles under her breath as she looks at contempt to the nun before her.

A woman with Dark Velvet hair, puffs a cloud of smoke from her peculiar pipe, and wearing an outfit befitting to call her a pirate, and sipping tea in front of her was the Ax Wielding Nun, The 4th hero of the Kingdom of Njilven.

Her eyes seemingly always to have closed, she casually speaks to the noble of Diebin

“The Queen of Wisdom will turn a blind eye to your distasteful dealings here in the Diebin Ms. La Croix since you send off those filthy demi-humans from this country but we also agree that you will set up a Crimson church amidst the city.

“It is settled we have come to an agreement haven’t we.” La croix replies.

“Very Much so” she says standing and patting her nun clothes “The queen will be very pleased with your cooperation.”

And carries her large dual bladed ax back to her back as if it was some casual back pack.

She was about to leave when the office doors suddenly opened and two individuals entered.

First was a brutish looking man and the other was a rather stout man wearing a fur coat and stylish eye wear.

She signaled the stout man to sit and after placing her pipe back to a stand on the table she spoke to the brutish man first

“Why are you here?”

“Miss La Croix” A woman came here asking for your audience

“And who may that be?”

“She didn’t say her name but she said that she’s your favorite niece, and she is here to deliver a message from her mother.”

“Well isn’t this convenient…” She clicks her tongue looking at the Axe Hero “Gather up some men, find as soon as possible and bring her here.”

“Hmm.. sounds like an important person, you won’t mind if I tag along with him do you.”

“I do mind, I don’t want you to cause collateral damage within my city it is best that you leave as soon as possible, Isn’t the country under the brink of war?”

“Oh, no, well not yet, the Queen sent a messenger towards the Demon kingdom as of now.”

“So we the heroes have more time on our hands, besides it is only the honorable defense general who’s busy at this moment.”

“Still I would rather-”

“Ohhh!!” The nun feigns her hand over her forehead as if struck by something.

“The Goddess has sent me a message that finding this woman is according to her will, I must not waste time debating with you” She bid her farewell passing between the two men who just entered, slightly opening her eyelids looking at the men with contempt.

“You brute what are you standing there for, follow her and make sure she doesn’t Kill my Niece.”

“Understood ma’am” and the brutish man leaves without question chasing after the Nun.

With two of her guests leaving the only one left was a stout, balding, slave merchant who is wearing a fur coat and stylish glasses.

Veron’s POV

Just as we left the Carriage.

A large crowd suddenly whirred through me and Eine.

“It’s the Sister!”

“Is she going to catch the bad guy!?”

Just above the crowd, like a dark blur

SL ASH!!!

The transport that we whence traveled is now sliced into two.

And in the middle of the smoldering wreckage is the 4th hero of the Kingdom, The Nun carrying her Righteous axe. She leers through the crowd.

I tried to Grab Eine's in hand in time, to hide her but it was too late.

Sparks started to fly around Eine, innocent bystanders gave way.

A fight was underway.

 

2