Chapter 7 – Friday Night
141 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well then, see you tomorrow," said Yuzu as she waved her hand cheerfully. I responded to her with a simple, "see you," as she walked outside while the orange sunlight from the afternoon sun shone over Yuzu's stunning figure. 

I walked back towards the living room only to see Ayaka-sensei laid down comfortably on the couch with potato fries for her to snack on. 

"So you two are dating or something?" Ayaka-sensei nonchalantly asked while crunching at some potato fries with a grinning expression. 

I only said, "no," and continued walking toward the kitchen. Though, she didn't seem to be listening, or maybe she did and she simply couldn't be bothered to say anything. 

"Ah, high school romance is quite nice, isn't it? I'm so jealous," Ayaka-sensei muttered as she sighed, as if reminiscing her high school days and continued to mumble, "I only did mundane stuff at high school."

I simply listened to her while preparing a simple dish for dinner for us. Today's dinner was fried rice. 

"You're an adult already, why aren't you in a relationship yet?" I muttered just barely audible enough for Ayaka-sensei to hear, with the intent of hearing more about Ayaka-sensei love life. 

Ayaka-sensei took a glance toward my direction as she stared deep into my eyes. 

"The world is a cruel place, you know," Ayaka-sensei expressionlessly said as she munched her last remaining potato fries as if to emphasize her sentence. 

"Is that something you should say in front of your student?!" I yelled at her remark. It didn't seem like she was dating anyone at the moment. Although, it might be that she was hurt from her previous relationship, or maybe she didn't have any relationship to begin with. I couldn't get a single conclusive answer from our short exchange. 

It's a mystery as to why someone as beautiful as Ayaka-sensei isn't with someone. 

As the aroma of fried rice reached Ayaka-sensei, she stood from her couch and walked towards the dining table. 

"Hold on, then why did Minami-San munch your neck?" Ayaka-sensei asked. 

I annoyedly asked Yuzu that before in which she answered with, "I'm hungry," and such answer was met with a soft karate chop above her head. I couldn't really say that to Ayaka-sensei as it might shatter Yuzu's image as the perfect student into an airhead student so I simply said "no comment."

Ayaka-sensei tilted her head in confusion, however I simply ignored her while bringing the fried rice to the dining table. 

We ate in silence while listening to tonight's TV show. As we finished dinner, Ayaka-sensei took a bath first as I prepared 2 towels in advance and checked my phone without a thought going on in my mind. 

Naked Ayaka-sensei could be seen walking around out of the bathroom, "sorry, I forgot the towel-" before she could even finish her words, I simply threw a towel toward her and then took a bath after her while she prepared a video gaming session for both of us. 

"So, are you doing well in school?" asked Ayaka-sensei out of the blue after I came out of the bathroom while she handed me a game stick. 

"So-so, what's with that sudden question?" I asked while she simply smiled mischievously as she eagerly waited for me to sit on the couch beside her. 

"That's because the game we're playing is a visual novel titled 'School Life Romance Revolution'!" Ayaka-sensei proudly declared as she eagerly waited for me to start the game. 

I simply hit play and the game started. 

30 minutes later...

"Rika you're amazing..." Ayaka-sensei muttered as she praised me earnestly. 

"No need to praise me that much," I shyly responded with a reddened cheek while continuing the game. 

"I'm genuinely impressed, you managed to pick the worst option every single time and managed to get zero favorability from every single love interest in this game," said Ayaka-sensei as she stared in astonishment at me. She seemed to take spiritual damage every time an option popped up when I started playing the game, but at this point, she gave up on it and accepted me as who I am. 

"I told you this is my first time playing a romance visual novel," I simply gave an excuse as I continued to play. 

"No no, normally people wouldn't be this bad at choosing an option at a visual novel game," Ayaka-sensei sighed exaggeratedly as she continued to watch. 

I only sighed back in response. Another option popped up, in which I immediately answered without hesitation. 

"Hold on, why did you pick 'Mountain' instead of 'Beach'?! She clearly wanted you to take a look at her swimsuit she bought a couple of scenes ago!" shouted Ayaka-sensei in not-so-high volume as she didn't want to bother the neighbors. 

"It's because I want to go to a mountain now," I simply responded, devoid of any emotion. A romance visual novel game was apparently way harder than I thought. 

At this point, Ayaka-sensei seemed down, however something snapped at her which made her stand up. 

"I chose this game because I wanna see the choices you make as a high schooler," said Ayaka-sensei with an ember in her eyes. She continued, "but now my goal has changed, and that would be teaching you how to communicate as a proper high school student- no, a proper human being through this game!" Ayaka-sensei continued while she sat and leaned toward me as she urged me to continue. 

My first initial response was "Eeeh?!" but as Ayaka-sensei leaned closer I simply focused myself to continue the game, which promptly started my visual novel training arc. 

I could vividly hear her breath as she leaned closer to me. She urged me to pick the right choices for the game but all I could concentrate on was the fragrance of Ayaka-sensei's shampoo as it was a quite familiar scent since it was the one I used everyday, yet it felt different when Ayaka-sensei is the one using it. It was mature and grown up. 

The fragrance must've made me feel sleepy. Perhaps noticing this, Ayaka-sensei took away my game stick as she put my head into her thigh lap as she continued the game. I couldn't help falling asleep, right before I could hear Ayaka-sensei's "good night."

9