Ch 7: Daily Life
147 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Daily life

 "Young Master, your lunch is ready." Moris made the announcement when he saw that Aizen had left the game.

 "I'm on my way."  Aizen got up from bed and headed towards the bathroom. He wanted to take a shower first.  Upon entering the bathroom, the lights turned on by themselves.  The faucet also turned on by itself and began to fill the bathtub.  The water began to heat up to the ideal temperature.

 Aizen was unmoved by the situation.  Technology has evolved to the point where things are done automatically.  At the sink, a robotic hand was holding a toothbrush.  Aizen opened his mouth and the robotic hand automatically began to brush his teeth.  After brushing his teeth, he went to take a shower.

 5 minutes later…

 'Well, I feel new.'  Aizen put on his clothes.  If anyone saw the clothes he was wearing, he would be confused.  Aizen wore a lot of clothes.  Gloves, socks, pants, jacket, etc.  His body was covered by clothing, with no skin insight.

 'I think… it's good…'

 *Sigh!*

 Aizen touched her face with a sigh.

 His face was bandaged. Even your eyes, nose, mouth, etc.  It was impossible to deduce his appearance.  The only thing that could be seen was his black hair.

 'Well, let's have lunch.'

 -

 Aizen was sitting eating lunch.  The kitchen was huge and he was the only one eating lunch, it had an air of loneliness.

 'Well, I should take care of it later.'  Despite having passed so long, the aesthetic sense of humans has not changed much.  The mansions and houses were still a bit similar to 2030, only much more technological, the difference was several robots that are cleaning the house. 

 "Young Master, you look happier today. How was the game?"  Moris asked Aizen that he was eating quietly.  Despite the table being so big, only the two of them were there.

 "Well… it was fun."  Aizen enjoyed his gambling.  He wanted to go back to playing this time but decided to finish eating first.

 "I see…" Moris gave a weak smile.  His age did not allow him to accompany Aizen on his adventures, but he prays that Aizen will be successful in everything he does.

 "Young Master, the popularity of this game is growing at astronomical levels. When people discovered that 1 hour in the game equals 2 hours in real life, a lot of older people decided to play it."  Moris also found this fact very interesting.

 "Well, I don't doubt that more than 50% of the world's population will start playing."  Aizen commented.  His world population consists of 5 billion humans.

 Aizen decided to turn on the TV to watch the news about the game.  Aizen saw several newscasts about the game, so he decided to alternate between them.

 TV:

 -Arcane Universe hits the milestone of over 1 billion players.  A historic record.

 *

 -the players were agitated this time, due to the world's first announcement being made by an unknown player.  Where are the Guilds?

 *

 -More information about the game is discovered. Game coins cannot be purchased using real money.  The only way is to buy or trade with the players themselves.

 *

 -The Pegasus Guild manages the first elimination of the elite Boss, the Goblin King.

 *

 "Elite boss…" Aizen had read a thread about it.  The bosses have rank, they are: Normal, elite, lord (this was just what the players discovered).  The world chef rating is exclusive.

 Players have only discovered these three rankings, however, according to NPCs, there are stronger Bosses than that.  The only lord class boss found so far was an Orc Lord.  The player who found the Orc Lord failed to kill him and ended up dying, but he still managed to save and post to the community.  The guilds are competing to see who will kill the Orc Lord first.

 'This game is too vast.'  Players think they know a lot, but they don't know anything.  They are just at the beginning of the game.  They've barely figured out the ratings yet.  This just makes Aizen more excited.

 'About the currency system, this is quite interesting.'  The rich had little advantage in this game.  The only thing they could do was buy coins from the players themselves, however, the players are charging a lot.  Even the richest guilds don't even have 5 gold coins. Quests can usually only be done once, so you can't abuse the rewards.  Do you want money?  Look for it.

 'I think I can take advantage of it.'  Currencies will likely be very important in the future.  Aizen wanted to accumulate as many coins as possible.

 'Well, I'm a merchant.'  He would already sell several items when he returned to the game.  Red Obsidian was one of them.  He liked Oblivion better, despite being weaker than Red Obsidian these days.

 'Your potential is greater.'

 "Moris, I'll go back to playing. Thanks for preparing the food."  Aizen thanked him before leaving the table.

 "Good luck, young master."

3