chapter 10
1.2k 3 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Check out my original story, "Living a Long Life as a Legend"

Chapter 10


My legilimency training having started now I gleefully watched as my days filled up with meaningful endeavours. It had taken me seven years, but I finally had a full schedule again.

Some physical activity upon waking up, parkour through our garden usually, my grandfather watching bemused from his own room where he was filling out paperwork. He was the only one who woke up earlier than me, but only in winter, since I liked to wake up with the sun.

Breakfast with my family sans Lucius, after having washed myself naturally, where I talked with mother and informed her of all the things I had planned for the day. Immediately after breakfast came sorcery training with Abraxas, followed by etiquette training with mother. Some free time which I used to read and then lunch. Then came legilimency training, done with that I then relaxed completely, for two hours or so.

Dinner was done with the whole family, after which we usually absconded into the head of families study to discuss politics, mother even joined in sometimes now that I had professed an interest in doing so as well.

Sometimes this routine was disrupted by the play dates with Vince and Greg, who I was trying to mould into minions worthy of a Malfoy, with varying results, but other than that I seldom allowed anything to disrupt my perfect little life. I only had so much time left until Hogwarts after all, where'd I'd have to sit in classes, with children, being taught the theoretical basics I already knew.

"Can one test out of classes in Hogwarts?" I asked suddenly, disrupting a conversation between Lucius and Abraxas about the possibility of introducing a mandatory wizarding tradition course for any muggleborn who wanted to visit Hogwarts. Something I'd manipulated into existence in their minds, but which they were discussing fairly ineffectually due to the sheer newness of the idea.

Grandfather shook his head, but the question had been more directed at Lucius, who had recently gotten onto the Hogwarts board of governors, and had probably studied the regulations of the school.

"You can take your O.W.L's through the ministry when you turn fourteen, which is the year before fourth year, and your N.E.W.T's when you turn sixteen. You cannot be made extempt from classes in Hogwarts unless specific requirements are met, none of which are advisable to display." Lucius droned out, as if he'd memorized it. Which he probably had.

"That's annoying, classes move along in accordance to its slowest member after all. I imagine that if such a thing were possible more purebloods than anyone else would actually be able to take the opportunity, although what they would do with the free time is up in the air, hopefully learn more magic so they can appeal for another exemption next year." Most children probably would not, but the motion would definitely free up more time for those dedicated students of magic that were going places, like me.

"The change is unlikely to go through anytime soon, despite how great the idea is in theory, it is still something that very clearly favours purebloods over mudbloods, it would become a thing of status to have one's child extempt from as many classes as possible by starting their education before Hogwarts. Something only possible for the more, talented magicals." Lucius said, almost diplomatically, only one derogatory slur in the paragraph, we were making progress. He looked at me expectantly and continued, "I imagine you have a solution." He drawled out to the chuckling of Abraxas, who was very used to my particular dialectic style of bringing up questions which I already had answers for.

I leaned forward excitedly. "This actually synergizes greatly with the issue with the issue of instilling wizarding values into muggleborns before they enter our society." Something that would slow the decay of traditions, giving us more time to turn the rudder. "People won't just act because its theoretically sound, they need an example, and Dumbledore would probably be whistling a completely different tune if the student the board was seeking an exemption from classes for was muggleborn. We can even use the opportunity to turn more respectable in the eyes of the masses if we ever choose to reveal our involvement."

Abraxas and Lucius exchanged a look, both raised their eyebrows. One would think they would have gotten used to it by now.

Abraxas spoke, "so, teach a muggleborn wizarding culture and a subject to a first year exam level, have that muggleborn excel and convince the people in the Wizengamot and on the board of governors of the necessity of the respectable changes we want to implement. Make the exemption the muggleborn receives a stepping stone for having yourself also test out of some classes you would rather not go to."

"I was thinking of Astronomy, its rote-memorization work, its the class I want to extempt myself most from and its the class the school is most likely to issue and exemption on." I added.

"It's a good plan and all," Lucius drawled out, "but where in the seven hells will you find a mudblood capable of all that?"

"I don't think that is going to be a very large issue in the grand scheme of things," I said with a grin and leaned back, "actually, I think I have just the person."

My smugness permeated the room, it experienced a positive feedback loop once meeting up with the smug auras of my father and his father, turning up the crank on the atmosphere to a point where a non-Malfoy probably would have suffocated. I wished I had a glass of red wine in my hand, just to complete the image.


AN:What a plan, will it work though? Find out on the next episode of "Me trying to figure out how politics work so I can write a semi-relatable story involving them"

End my suffering.

Favourite, Rate, Review

Check out my original story, "Living a Long Life as a Legend"

33