CH 7
1.3k 2 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hurry up, geez are you taking a piss?” Catalinna asked with a sneer as Lawrence walked towards her. She was already waiting in the snowy plains with a confident look on her face.

“It’s an honor to duel the daughter of the Ice Monarch and the Former Fire King” Lawrence bowed as Catalinna gritted her teeth.

“What’s with the pleasantries? Let’s fight already” with her arms covered with fire, she smashed her fist together as a fiery cape appeared behind her shoulders.

“Fine” Lawrence nodded as a scorching fireball crashes towards him. With no hesitation, he jumped to the side only to be met by Catalinna’s flaming fist as he blocked it with his spear. He was pushed back in the direction of the fireball as his spear glowed with a gray aura and the fireball crashed towards it before being reflected back towards Catalinna. She smirked as the fireball smashed towards her body but instead of getting burned, she was unscathed. With an overwhelming danger that she felt behind her back, she twisted her body as 3 moonlight beams missed and fizzled to the snowy plains. Five shimmering lights appeared in all different directions as she gritted her teeth.

She twisted and pivoted her body the best as she can but a moonlight beam caught her shoulder but it didn’t penetrate through her skin as the fiery cape blocked the spell. She looked around to find out that Lawrence is nowhere to be found. With a slow sighed, she closed her eyes as she smashed her feet at the ground and a large blue circle covered the surroundings. Her aura spiked as she started sensing everything in a 20 meter radius around her. The fire in her arms concentrated on her fists as it glowed a fiery light ready to burn Lawrence to ashes.

To think she already has a combo spell and fist arts. That circle is called Instant Aura Sense as it can sense everything in that area while giving a speed enhancement to the body while that fist art should be Plasma Fist that can burn through any metal. A touch of that and the affected area will turn to ashes. That fiery cape is also an artifact that nullifies attack.

Upon a tree, Lawrence gazed at Catalinna contemplating what to do. He can bombard her with moonlight beams but its effective range is only 15 meters and any farther than that and it will be weak enough for the fiery cape to completely neutralize. He already tried it and as he suspected, it was completely engulfed by the cape.

“It seems that it’s gonna be a waiting game. It should sap her aura and mana the longer she holds that position while i wait here conserving mine” he grinned as he sat at the branch of the tree with a relaxed expression. A minute later, the blue circle vanished as Catalinna opened her eyes.

“You coward!! Are you even a man?!” she screamed on top of her lungs as Lawrence nonchalantly walked towards her. With a glare that can kill, Lawrence just smiled at her as she bites her lip. She slowly breathes in and out before charging towards Lawrence like a bull as fire covered her body. Within 5 meters, she swiped her hands in the air as a fire wave come crashing to Lawrence as a silvery glow appeared on his spear as fire vanished once it touched his spear. They look at each other before Catalinna smashes her fists towards Lawrence while his spear was coated with a gray aura. A gray fist appeared in front of Lawrence as it smashes Catalinna’s chest but she didn’t flinch as her palm glowed a bright light before she pushed her palm forward slowly. Lawrence raised his eyebrow while blocking her palm with his spear.

What happened next shocked him as it passes through his spear and successfully touched his shoulder. Before he can react, he flew in the air from the force behind it as his suit was burned with a palm shape hole in it. His skin was burned and marred as he activated light sky step to retreat. Pain assaulted his chest as he nearly crumbled from a single attack. He stood awkwardly in the air with a light disk supporting his weight. “Gotcha, you think i didn’t come prepared? Let me remind you something, my next attack will kill you” she grinned as Lawrence remained in the sky with a grim expression.

Gahhh!! That was fucking painful!! Shit, i didn’t expect she would already grasp plasma palm in a month. Dammit, she’s right. One attack from her and i nearly passed out from the pain. What would happen if the next attack hits me. Calm down, Lawrence. You can do this.

“I see..then i shall go all out” Lawrence gazed in the moon before he pointed his finger towards Catalinna as eight flickering lights appeared in different locations before cutting through the air and aimed at Catalinna. She twisted her body and three moonlight beams missed but a fourth one crashes in her back as she grunted in pain. Two moonlight beams were coursing through the air as she was able to dodge one but the other one penetrated her left arm as she yelled in pain only to realize a black spear appearing in front of her as she moved her head to the left as the spear tip misses but a moonlight beam hits her right leg. The shaft of the spear was swinging towards her head but she blocked it with her arm but a stinging pain in her abdomen appeared suddenly as she gazed downwards to see a gash in her sides while blood flows through her shirt. Painting the snow red. She pointed her palm in front of her before a raging fire appeared and consumed everything but a silver glowing spear absorbed the fire. She gritted her teeth as her palm glowed a blinding white light while the ground beneath her feet exploded and she dashed forward with a frightening speed. The spear falls to the ground but she didn’t sense anything with her palm as a sharp dagger is being pressed in her neck as Lawrence appeared beside her with a stern expression.

“Damn..you won” she glared before passing out in the snow as Lawrence falls to his knees. He breathes roughly as sweat covered his forehead despite the cold air. His chest was exposed as burn marks appeared everywhere. He only absorbed a small part of Catalinna’s flamethrower-like spell with his spear as most of it burned his suit and his chest. If he’s a normal person on earth, it would be a third-degree burn or he would have died immediately but his body is more durable than normal citizens. He deeply sighed as it was a very close match and a single mistake would’ve burned him to death.

Legor can be seen running towards them with a couple of people behind him. Panic and anxiety is clear on his face as he immediately checked their injuries.

“What happened?” he asked sternly while gesturing to the healers to heal their injuries. “We were sparring but we got too excited and started fighting for real. Forgive me, i should’ve dissuaded her but she’s too stubborn” Lawrence lied with a straight face while sighing.

“Both of you are forbidden to spar for the rest of your training. You should fight against monsters and not waste your time on sparring. This is the last warning” Legor warned Lawrence as he nodded solemnly.

“It wouldn’t happen again”

“Maki, heal Lawrence quickly” Legor commanded as a petite girl shyly nodded before stretching both of her hands towards Lawrence’s chest as a green glow appeared on her hand. He didn’t mind it as he was busy contemplating what mistakes he did. Absorption doesn’t completely do its job against a continuous spell that has a large area of effect and he’s still unskilled in hitting back after absorbing or reflecting an attack. He mostly relied on the moonlight beam to do any meaningful damage. He was also amazed by how Catalinna dodged the moonlight beams without even looking at them.

After returning to his room, he decided to sleep only to be interrupted by a knock on the door. It has been an hour after he won the fight and he knew that Catalinna is still unconscious from losing too much blood. Gripping his spear, he slowly opened the door to see someone he didn’t expect to see.

“Good evening Lawrence” a youth appeared in front of the door with his red hair in a ponytail and a confident smirk plastered on his face. It’s none other than his cousin. His nemesis on becoming the heir of the Aenir Family. The ‘true’ genius and the follower of wind swordsmanship. The same swordsmanship as his father.

“What do you want?”

“Nothing~ i’m just surprised that our ‘genius’ here has defeated the daughter of the Ice Monarch. Although i don’t know what tricks you did, i’m still surprised” he entered Lawrence’s room nonchalantly with a smirk.

“Then you can leave, i’m about to take a rest” Lawrence sighed as Loid chuckled before grabbing Lawrence’s shoulder

“I just want to remind you that you will never become the head of the family and Catalinna is supposed to be mine!” he glared with intense anger before patting Lawrence on his shoulder. A fake nonchalant smile appeared on his face before he started walking away.

“Please. Keep you delusions away from me” Lawrence replied as Loid stopped on his tracks. He turned his head to face Lawrence with a forced smile.

“You think you have a chance against me?”

“If it’s you, then it’s already set in stone” Lawrence snickered as Loid gritted his teeth before unsheathing his sword as the wind started converging towards its blade

“I’m planning to kill you after i become the next head but your audacity and arrogance are already too much to bear.” he spitted each word with anger before dashing forward. A sharp whistling of the wind followed as blood started flowing to the floor as a scream echoed through the mansion. The furniture was unturned and all of the windows are broken. Lawrence’s spear is coated with a gray aura before blood escaped from his mouth. A bloody grin appeared on his face as Loid falls to his knees while grasping his severed arm. He screamed in pain while glaring at Lawrence. It was too fast for him to react and he didn’t know what Lawrence did. Fear crept into his heart as Lawrence started walking towards him with a spear in his hand. He tried backing away only to hit the wall. Lawrence was about to swing forward only to be stopped by Legor’s blade.

“What the hell happened?”

“It-it’s Lawrence. He attacked me out of nowhere. Please help m-me, i can’t feel my arm” Loid pleaded as Legor aimed his sword towards Lawrence.

“Explain what happened” he demanded as Lawrence nodded. He explained thoroughly what happen but Loid barked his mouth off, denying everything that happened and proposing that Lawrence was lying.

“I have an artifact that can reflect an attack. Luckily, i was wearing it and activated it quickly once Loid attacked me. As you can see, that cut isn’t possible with a spear and only a sword can do that” Lawrence lied to hide his spear art as he wasn’t stupid enough to reveal it. Besides, even Legor’s superiors can’t confiscate artifacts, especially from the nobles.

“I see…Loid. I command you to return home to heal your severed arm. As for you Lawrence, you will guard the gate at night for 1 week as a punishment. "

“But he- Loid tried blaming Lawrence but Legor was not having it.

“If i say you return, then you return! Am i not your general?!” Loid weakly nodded before glaring at Lawrence with deep hatred as he was assisted outside with his escorts and healers.

“It has been only a day but you already created a lot of problems. I hope you don’t continue this” Legor sighed while massaging his temple

“You can take the room next door as the maids will clean this place for now” Lawrence nodded before leaving the room to head to his new room. It was as clean as his room and there are no signs of use. He decided to take a shower to calm his mind and heart as he silently contemplated.

I nearly died from that asshole. Luckily i was able to reflect the attack back but there might be injuries on my organs. I need to kill that guy as he’s dangerous to be left alone. Still, this wouldn’t happen if my mouth can just shut itself up. Why is this happening? As if someone insulted me, my mouth would move on its own and insult back. It’s much worse on commoners. Heading outside the bathroom, he headed back to his bed and his drowsiness consumed him.

The next day, Lawrence is getting healed with the Healer as he suspected to have some internal damages. Luckily, the healer was able to heal it easily. A healer can be both a mage or paragon. A mage is tested on what elements they have aptitude in and the healing element is one of the rarest. The academy trains these mages to become a healer for the battlefield or for hospitals. They usually train like doctors and they have intensive knowledge about the human anatomy and about the cells. They are more important than even paragons as they are targeted by assassins by the enemy during continental and kingdom wars. This is why healers can be usually found in garrisons and barracks away from the fighting. After leaving the healer’s room Lawrence decided to look for Catalinna. While walking in the hallway of the white mansion, he saw Catalinna staring at the snow mindlessly.

“Are you here to gloat over your win?” she asked without taking her eye’s off the snow “No, i’m here to take the rewards”

“That’s the first thing you want to do in the morning?”

“It wouldn’t be if you weren’t unconscious after losing”

“You!” she glared at Lawrence.

“Listen, we need to work together. I can’t have you biting me like a rabid dog” Lawrence sighed as Catalinna gnashed her teeth.

“I’ll do my thing and you do your own thing. I don’t! want to work with you”

“Fine.. .but you need to answer three of my questions” Catalinna looked him in the eyes before nodding.

“Follow me” Lawrence walked away as Catalinna followed him behind. After passing his room, Catalinna grabbed him by the wrist

“Isn’t this your room?” she asked with suspicion in her voice before Lawrence shakes his head.

“It was destroyed by my cousin” he didn’t clarify it further as she just shrugs it off. Opening the door beside it, Catalinna entered the room before sitting on the bed while Lawrence sighed before grabbing a nearby chair. Catalinna is in her nightgown as Lawrence doesn’t know where to look. She’s wearing a white nightgown with her undergarments visible on the outside.

“What?!”

“You should wear proper clothes” Lawrence pointed out but Catalinna shrugged and just grabbed a nearby blanket to cover herself.

“Are you happy now? Are you a teenager?”

“I’m never happy when i’m with you” Lawrence smiled as Catalinna nearly burned the blanket.

“If you’re just here to annoy me, then congratulations. You just did” she said with a forced smile. Lawrence walked towards her before leaning forward. Catalinna was about to push him away but he whispered.

“It’s not good to continue our conversation through speaking. I’ll write it out on a piece of paper in English and you answer it there” he smiled charmingly as Catalinna nodded. A slight blush in her cheeks. Lawrence’s smile widened before turning around and grabbing a paper from the table. He started writing as Catalinna remained sitting on his bed. She lightly slaps her face until the blush was gone and her eyes grow cold. Lawrence was amused by this but he continued on writing instead.

[First Question, what is the name of the final boss and where is he currently?] Lawrence passed the paper towards her as she furrowed her eyebrows. She wrote something on the paper before passing it back

[That’s two questions so i’ll answer just one. His name is Albier Devin Enoch. Why are you asking about his name?] Lawrence smiled vaguely before passing back the paper [Where is he right now?] Catalinna abruptly stands up while glaring at Lawrence. She crumpled the paper in protest.

“What are you planning?! i swear to god i will kill you if you want to pass your spear art to him” she warned with clear anger in her eyes. Lawrence sighed before grabbing another piece of paper from the table and started writing once more. After that, he passed the paper as she reads it immediately

[I’m gathering allies to serve as the shadow to kill dangerous monsters and support your mc. I remembered that Cain had a hard time fighting the royalty of the Swordwin Empire because of the sheer amount of money and the army they had. If there wasn’t a civil war, Cain would die or at least be forced to retreat] Catalinna contemplated for a minute. She gazed at Lawrence before sighing. She wrote at the paper and passed it back to Lawrence.

[He’s in the streets of Kondar as a slave working on a black market] Lawrence nodded with a smile as he wrote once more before passing it back to Catalinna.

[How did Albier do to improve the Celestial Domination spear art?] Catalinna smirked before writing and passing back the paper to Lawrence.

[He went to the moon]

“How? It shouldn’t be possible. Are you telling the truth?” Lawrence squinted his eyes with suspicion in his voice but Catalinna shrugs.

“I have no plan on telling you how. Figure it out if you want” she snickered before grabbing the paper from Lawrence and burning it to ashes.

“I also heard what happened to your cousin. Lord something, i don’t know but his arms were cut off”

“What did you do?” Catalinna asked “

He tried attacking me then i retaliated. My spear art is particularly deadly to anyone that has no idea what it does.” Lawrence replied

“Well, as long as no one knows about its properties and origin. I don’t care. I’ll leave now” she walked off with the blanket still covering her body, a chuckle escaped from his mouth before glancing at the shadow from the trees just outside before shaking his head.

“Am i still sleepy or did that shadow move? Nonetheless, i should start training” Lawrence grabbed his spear below the bed before practicing reflection and absorption.

40