CH 8
1.2k 3 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After an hour, there was a knock on the door as Lawrence stopped swinging the spear while sweat covered his body. Opening the door, he saw a maid standing in front of the door.

“Master Lawrence, breakfast is ready. Please head to the cafeteria” she said before leaving silently without waiting for Lawrence’s reply. After taking a quick bath, he wears a red suit and black long pants, his usual clothing. It was quite plain but fashionable enough for Lawrence. Wondering where the cafeteria is, he decided to walk around the large mansion as he wasn’t that hungry. It’s also a great time to relax and rest.

After wandering listlessly, he saw a group of youth talking to each other loudly. By the look of their posture, clothes, and faces. He was certain they were nobles.

“Is it true? Did Loid lose his arm?” a lady gasped as a muscular man nodded.

“How terrible! I wonder who did that to him” she said worriedly.

“It’s his cousin. The son of the head of Aenir Family. He said that he was attacked suddenly” the muscular man replied with a grim expression

“How can he do that?! Now, what do we do? He was our leader. He’s the strongest of our group. What if a monster wave starts?” a chubby youth whined while a lanky youth sighed. His squinted eyes glanced at Lawrence.

“Isn’t that him?” he whispered to the muscular man before he nodded. Anger is clear in his eyes. A saber can be seen hanging at his belt while he started caressing it. Seeing that this might result in confrontation, Lawrence coldly stared at them. His spear was left in his room but a black dagger is hidden inside a pocket of his suit. He decided to bring it just in case. It’s also dipped in immobilizing and paralyzing poison. He just bought the dagger and the poison at the market and it might be sloppily made but it should work against this muscular man. He walked towards them without taking a glance at them as the nobles gazed and glared at him. After passing by, the muscular man hurriedly blocked his way with a forced smile. Beside him is the violet-haired lady gazing at him. A sigh escaped from Lawrence’s mouth as he gazed at the man.

“What do you want?” Lawrence spoke with annoyance in his voice. The man was taken aback before smiling.

“You should be careful ‘sir’. Monsters aren’t the only thing that’s dangerous here” he smiled deviously. His large stature dwarfed Lawrence. Still, Lawrence calmly looked at his eyes.

“Other than monsters. There really seems to be only a couple of insects laying around here. There was even a red insect in my room. I cut one of his limbs and he started screaming. It’s annoying really” Lawrence shrugged as the man glared. He breathes in and out before forcing a wide smile. Lawrence walked past him as the youths openly glared at him. His back is completely exposed showing his clear confidence in himself. The man can only curse inwardly before walking away followed by others. All of this time, sweat dripped on his forehead while Lawrence gripped the dagger hidden in his suit. Seeing that there was no confrontation. He sighs in relief before letting go of the dagger. Fighting against them would only result in his own beating. He knew the lanky youth and the muscular man is a high two-star warrior while the chubby man and the lady are both mid-two-star mages. He didn’t know any of them which means that they are in the caste of lower nobles who is good at sucking up to families with higher status. He betted to the fact that they won’t attack him openly since his prestige and status are higher than theirs.

Is it possible that this world forces us to react accordingly to the character written in the novel? Since in the novel, Lawrence is extremely arrogant and only sees himself as the absolute best in everything especially fighting. He also doesn’t hold back if someone insulted him while Catalinna is brash, aggressive, and quick to anger. Which correlates to how she acts. This might be true… Still, I don’t have any answers for now. Its a waste of time to ponder pure speculation

Finally, he found the living room or a cafeteria. There’s a lot of tables and chairs where the nobles sat while talking and eating food dripping with flavor and luxury. Chefs and maids bring them food with a simple gesture from the nobles as satisfied smiles and boasted talking is rampant inside. He glanced around to luckily find an empty table as he doesn’t want to socialize with these nobles who only specializes in flattery and buttering up higher nobles. He doesn’t plan on creating a large influence as he doesn’t have any achievements yet.

Just across his table, he saw Catalinna speaking with beautiful ladies with excited and hushed tones. She was surrounded by KatarinaBertia , the second princess of the kingdom, LeshaLaymore, the only daughter of the famous stonewall general guarding the north, and Melissa Lamy, the next saintess of the holy church. A lot of boys are secretly glancing at them with eyes full of admiration and love. They are the most influential people here as there seems to be a majestic aura surrounding their table that no one can come close to even talk to them. Even maids and chefs are reluctant to ask them what food they would want. They are third-year students of the academy if Lawrence remembers it clearly. It’s the third year’s turn this month to protect the fourth wall and next month would be the second year’s turn to guard. Only the first years are exempted from this. The academy created this policy to train its students to fight a monster wave. Still, most deaths came from soldiers and knights as nobles usually have an escort to guard them. A chef walked towards Lawrence as he bowed before gazing at him.

“What food would you like Master Lawrence?” the man asked politely.

“3 servings of roasted steak of a wyvern meat and a glass of water” he replied. The chef raised his eyebrow before nodding.

“Ill take it here after we finish cooking your meal” the chef bowed while Lawrence gestured to leave him alone. An arrogant gesture but the chef wasn’t offended.

‘Wyvern meat is the best meat for stamina recovery and it’s full of nutrients for the body. It tastes alright but it can fill my stomach quickly and more efficiently than different expensive foods. Dragon meat would be great but they are too expensive. Ahh, i wish i have a phone right now. Most of my ‘friends’ are second-year students. So i don’t have anyone to talk to, it’s too boring to wait for my meal’

. Lawrence sighed. The sound of heels tapping the floor can be heard as he looked ahead to see the four ladies walking towards his table. Tilting his head, he saw Catalinna with a large grin on her face.

“You’re Lawrence VonAenir right?” Princess Katarina asked with a polite smile as Lawrence stands up, put his hand on his chest before bowing. A standard greeting to someone who has a higher status especially to the royal family.

“Yes, princess. I’m honored you remembered my name” he spoke without taking his eyes off the floor.

“No need for such formalities” she chuckled.

“We are just trying to make a new friend” she added

“I see” Lawrence spoke calmly before sitting at the chair. His gaze focused on Catalinna. The four of them sat at the chair before gesturing to the maids to bring them food and drinks. Mostly cakes and tea

“So is it true that you severed Loid’s arm?” Lesha spoke with eyes full of excitement. Seeing this, Lawrence nodded

“Wow! You’re amazing” she smiled before showing a thumbs up

“He said that you ambushed him. Still, i don’t mean to say that it’s a cowardly act but ambushing a 3-star warrior is still amazing since you’re a 2-star paragon” she added with a bright smile

“It wasn’t an ambush. He attacked me first. I just retaliated” he replied casually. Lesha’s mouth was agape before looking at Catalinna.

“It’s true. He can indeed do that” she replied as Lesha looked at him with excitement while Katarina’s eyes gleamed with interest.

“Wanna spar? Come let’s spar!” Lesha grabbed Lawrence by the wrist.

“Forgive me but i’m forbidden to spar with anyone else.” he apologized before Lesha looked at him with a pout

“Is it Legor that told you that? Come on, as long as he won’t know it’s fine. Besides, he can’t really punish us” she protested

“Stop Lesha, you should really follow the rules sometimes” Melissa smiled while tugging Lesha.

“Fine..i’m only listening because of you” Lesha pouted as Melissa chuckled before flickering her forehead. She tried hitting back as both of them tried to out flick each other “Both of you please..stop..we’re not kids anymore” Katarina sighed before showing a gentle smile.

“Please forgive them, Lawrence. They can be quite..childish at times” seeing that both of them didn’t stop, Katarina gives up on stopping them and just apologized to Lawrence. “It’s fine.” Lawrence replied but a second later. The sound of bells ringing echoed through the mansion as both of them abruptly stops fighting. A grim expression appeared on Katarina’s face.

“Follow us. You should join our team temporarily” Katarina suggested

“Forgive me princess but i’l fight alone. I’m confident in my skills” Lawrence smiled “Fine, seeing that you defeated Loid then i’ll take your word for it”

“I’ll be heading to the wall now” Lawrence bids them goodbye before leaving the cafeteria.

“How about you Catalinna?”

“Sure, i’ll like to see how powerful a 3-star paragon is” Catalinna enthusiastically replied as Katarina nodded with a proud smile

“I won’t disappoint you” Outside the wall, the cold wind courses through his skin as his fiery red hair flows with it. He gripped the black spear tightly before seeing a large number of monsters running towards him. He’s wearing a red suit that has been enchanted with minor protection and black pants with small blue runic letters adorned everywhere. Giving him a slight speed boost when running. This was given to him by Legor but he didn’t specify where he got it from. He decided to think about the mysterious donor later and instead focused on the monsters ahead. He decided to fight alone somewhere close to the most western parts of the wall with a large forest beside him. No one can see him clearly as the closest group of knights is 250 meters away from him. They can see him but they wouldn’t focus watching his every move when monsters started attacking. It’s better to avoid suspicion and knowledge about his fighting skills as possible His plan would revolve around using the moonlight beam for attacking while using absorption and reflection once the monster is going for an attack. The loud howling of the snow wolves signaled the start of the monster wave. The monster wave consists of snow wolves, yeti, ice ogre, ice flame spirit, and mountain tigers. A snow wolf larger than a man started barreling towards Lawrence with a crazed hunger gleaming in its eyes. Before it reaches halfway, a moonlight beam pierces its mouth, belly, and brain killing it instantly. Lawrence lazily looked forward with moonlight beams raining towards any monster that heads towards his way. After 15 minutes of the continuous burst of 3 moonlight beams, he felt his mana is dropping to only 50% left as 5 ice flame spirits march towards him. They looked like floating blue flames that shoots out blue fireballs. A smirk appeared on his face as he readied his spear. They stopped 10 meters away from him before shooting blue fireballs towards his way. With his one hand holding the spear like a stick, a silvery glow emerged before smashing the shaft of the spear in the direction of the fireballs. Once a fireball was hit, it turns smaller and smaller before flickering out of existence. Still, some of the fireballs weren’t absorbed completely but Lawrence made sure to dodge the remnant of the flame. It was easier to dodge since it’s significantly smaller. He smash and smashed each fireball before the ice flame spirit retreated but Lawrence wouldn’t allow that. With his mana completely full, beams of gray light rained on the spirits as they shrieked in pain before dying out.

‘Hell yeah! That’s what you call a combo. This is what the true isekai experience is about, slaughtering monsters with magical powers.’

For three hours straight, he continued on raining moonlight beams then absorbing the attacks from monsters to recover mana before raining moonlight beams again. Rinse and repeat. There were some close calls when Lawrence’s arms started hurting from repeated swinging that he was hit by a fireball but it was weaker since he absorbed some of its mana. Still, it burned some parts of his skin. Another one was when a wolf pounced on him from behind, a wound appeared on his arm from the scratching of the wolf but it’s already injured so with a quick stab and reflection on its desperate attack, he was able to kill it. He was extremely tired by the third hour as his arms are already numbed and intense fatigue was donned on him. His untreated wound is sapping some of his stamina. It was hell and a simple mistake can take his life. After seeing that all of the monsters has died, the snow was covered in red as incoherent screaming started emerging everywhere.

Piles of carcass just laying in front of him, creating a small hill. A nauseating smell assaulted his nose as he started walking back inside the wall. He can see some soldiers and students getting carried by healers and he saw some youths crying and begging to go home. Corpses can be seen all around him as the reality donned on him. This isn’t a novel he once knew. This is reality, sorrow and pain are clear in everyone’s eyes as he sympathized with the dead soldiers. There was no cheering or celebrating but just an eerie silence broken by muffled cries and the wind blowing.

46