Second mana bead [Unedited]
456 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yang Zhang watched the heartfelt reunion between Xi Feng and his little sister that had been turned into a mutated peony. It wasn’t really the best scenario because he bet Xi Feng still missed his little sister in human form.

But this was the best he could do.

‘If only those mutated animals can turn into a human or at least zombie with consciousness….’ Yang Zhang thought. It was also his silent wish. 

After Xi Feng collected himself, he smiled at Yang Zhang and bowed his head, “Brother Zhang, thank you for bringing my sister back. I know this is her, even if she is a mutated plant. Her eyes, and her voice, it’s the same as my sister, Xi Mudan.”

“Muu… daaan!” The peony also looked happy. 

“Haha, I’m just doing all I can with my ability. I just hope that you’ll know not all ability users are bad. Take me as an example, right?” Yang Zhang said. 

Of course, he knew there were so many scummy ability users. They were arrogant and greedy most of the time, but Yang Zhang also met many good ability users who didn’t discriminate him, despite him being a regular human.

He didn't want Xi Feng to bear ill will towards all ability users, “But you still have to be careful with them, of course,” Yang Zhang warned. 

“I know, thanks to you, Brother Zhang,” Xi Feng said. “Let me cook breakfast. I’ve stored some meat for us to eat.”

“Oh, sure!” Yang Zhang wouldn’t say no to meat. Finding a slightly normal-looking animal was already difficult in this apocalypse world. But now, he didn't need to see whatever weird thing about the animals that Xi Feng hunted. 

**

Yang Zhang and Xi Feng ate meat for breakfast, while Chestnut ate dried fruits from Xi Feng as a gift. 

After they were all done, Yang Zhang prepared to leave this place because he had his own house.

“I have to leave now. I own a hut in the forest. You know, if you want to stay, you can just stay with me in that hut,” Yang Zhang offered.

Xi Feng shook his head, “I can’t leave the village. This village is my home nevertheless. But you should come and visit if you have time. I’ll hunt some animal meat for you.”

“Eh… okay then,” Yang Zhang had little to no worry about Xi Feng. The guy could survive alone for a year without any problem, and it was his choice to stay.”

“Then, I’m leaving now! Take care—“

“Wait!” Xi Feng suddenly interrupted. He fished out something from his pocket and handed it to Yang Zhang, “Brother Zhang, this is the least I could do. I don’t know whether you will have the use of this or not, but since you can consume Brain bead, I assume you can consume this blue bead as well.”

Yang Zhang stared at the Mana bead in Xi Feng’s hand. It was shining beautifully, proving that it had been cleaned thoroughly.

“How did you get that blue bead?” Yang Zhang asked Xi Feng. Since it came from an ability user, he assumed the owner was dead, and Xi Feng scraped it out of the man’s head.

“Oh, I got it from one ability user. He was gnawed by the zombies until there his nothing left other than his head. He was part of the first group of ability users that came to the village. I picked up this Blue bead when the head just sort of crushed because the zombie villagers stomped on his head while they were returned to their homes.”

Okay, that was gruesome but pretty tolerable in the apocalypse. 

“I don’t have any use of it. I picked it up because it’s unique. I never find a blue bead before,” Xi Feng said. “Take it, Brother Zhang.”

Yang Zhang took the Mana bead and inspected it. Under the morning sun, the lustre was even more brilliant, “Do you know what kind of ability the man has?”

“Nope, They can’t do anything when the zombies ambushed them. They just died and getting chewed clean to the bones by the zombies,” Xi Feng replied. 

“Well, this will definitely help. Thank you so much, Xi Feng.”

“I should be the one who thanked you, Brother Zhang.”

Yang Zhang smiled and pocketed the Mana bead alongside the two Brain beads he collected yesterday, “I’m leaving then, please take care, you two.”

“Vii!”

“Squeak! Squeak!”

“I will, and I will protect Mudan at all cost. Come here if you want. I’m a good hunter!” Xi Feng said as he waved his hand. 

“Mu… dan! Mu… dan, dan!” The peony also waved towards Yang Zhang as they parted.

**

Yang Zhang swung with the help of Little Ivy from one tree to another like a Tarzan, and he returned to his hut.

“Alright, we’re home!” 

“Squeak!”

“Vii! Vii!”

Chestnut quickly jumped out and went to find the secret stash full of chestnuts it hid inside the hut, like a regular squirrel. While Little Ivy quickly released her grip on Yang Zhang’s arm and went inside her pot again, sitting comfortably as a regular plant. 

“Ahhh, there is nothing like our own home, right?” Yang Zhang chuckled. 

He sat on the chair and took out the three beads in his pocket.

He lined them on the table and inspected them one by one, “Hm…. This is dangerous….”

“Vii?” Little Ivy got curious and checked the beads as well. 

“You see this, Ivy? One Brain bead is already chipped, and one is half burnt. When I mutate you and that dancing rose in the backyard, I used Brain beads in perfect condition. I’m afraid this defect would affect the mutated plant….”

“And this Mana bead—“ Yang Zhang held the Mana bead and wondered. “What can I do with this? Should I find a new animal, or can I use this on Chestnut or Ivy?”

16