Chicken (1)
429 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yang Zhang decided to just take it slow today and walked instead of using Little Ivy to swing around. His main objective was to find one animal to use the Mana bead and one good plant to use the Brain bead.

He passed the territorial tree and then headed deeper to the forest aimlessly.

"Squeak, Squeak?"

"Ah, yes, we're going to find another animal to use the Mana bead," Yang Zhang answered Chestnut's question.

"Squeak!"

"Ehhh, tiger? Do you want me to use the Brain bead for a tiger? That'd be too dangerous. Because we don't know whether the tiger will obey my command or make me their lunch. It's better to find smaller animals, maybe around your size," Yang Zhang said.

He was thinking of a bird or another rodent because it wasn't difficult to control them, and if they got hostile, it wasn't hard to run away or… kill them, of course.

Yang Zhang continued walking until he found a nest of a Junglefowl, or what most people here called as… forest chicken.

"Oh! Junglefowls, and they look normal too!" Yang Zhang was excited when he saw a Junglefowl hen, complete with the chicks. He saw Junglefowl when he was a kid when he lived with his grandparents before, but after his grandpa's death, he was moved to live in an orphanage in the city.

So it was actually a pleasant surprise to see one!

"Squeak!"

"Vii! Vii!"

"What? Friends? You guys want to take one as a friend?"

Chestnut and Ivy nodded at the same time. They didn't seem to see things like Yang Zhang.

"I mean, we can take them home, but not as a friend…." Yang Zhang counted the small chicks, 'Mhm, one fat hen and five chicks. I can start my own chicken farm and eat chicken and egg every day, hehe~."

Chestnut jumped from Yang Zhang's shoulder and walked towards the big hen.

But the moment Chestnut walked too close towards the chicks, the Big hen jumped in and started pecking Chestnut's head.

"Squeak! Squeak!" Chestnut returned to Yang Zhang while rubbing its head.

"Well, I don't think she's up for a talk, buddy. Let's just snatch her and the chicks. We—I mean, I will get a nice supply of eggs for breakfast everyevery daye," Yang Zhang had one thing in his mind now, snatching the chicks first. The mother hen would eventually chase after him back to the hut.

Yang Zhang walked carefully towards the chicks who gathered into one while the mother hen searched for worms on the ground. Yang Zhang waited until the mother hen wasn't looking, and then…

SNATCH!

"Chirp! Chirp! Chirp! Chirp!"

The loud noise from the chicks alerted the mother hen instantly. She looked towards Yang Zhang and flapped her wings, chasing after Yang Zhang to get her chicks back.

"CLUCK! CLUCK! CLUCK!"

"Hihihi, chase me, mother hen! I've got your chicks! Time to make them fried chicken pop!"

Yang Zhang laughed as he saw the mother hen chase him relentlessly. What could one hen do anyway? Peck him?

But after chasing Yang Zhang for a while, the mother hen stopped chasing and stood for a moment.

Yang Zhang halted his step because he also wanted to lead the mother hen to his hut.

"Now what? You don't want your offspring anymore? I can make them fried chicken for a snack, you know~" Yang Zhang taunted.

Yang Zhang heard the mother hen clucked a few times, and a Junglefowl rooster flew a short distance from one tree towards her.

The rooster stared at Yang Zhang, then at the chicks.

After seeing the five defenceless chicks about to be dipped in sauce, the rooster's chest puffed up and—

'COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!'

The rooster crowed out so loud that his crow echoed around the deep forest.

"That's it?" Yang Zhang thought there would be something dangerous coming after the rooster crowed. But nothing happened after that. "Well, if you want to chase me, then do it ah! One rooster and one hen, I'm going to have a chicken farm!"

Yang Zhang chuckled tauntingly, but that laugh wouldn't last long because he suddenly saw something flew from one tree to another.

But it was so quick that Yang Zhang couldn't tell what that was.

The rooster and hen were still standing on the same spot and clucked again, "Cluck, cluck."

"What?"

"Cluck! Cluck! Cluck! Cluck" Yang Zhang suddenly heard the echoing sound of chicken clucking from all across the forest. He looked up and instantly regretted his stupid decision.

There were hundreds of junglefowl roosters and hens perching on top of all trees around him. They looked down at Yang Zhang as if he was the prey today.

Yang Zhang gulped. Of course, he got intimidated by hundreds of Junglefowl ready to peck him to death. Even if he commanded Chestnut to zap them all, it wouldn't be enough because they were just too many.

"Alright, screw the hen and rooster, let's just go now!" Yang Zhang opened his palm and commanded, "Ivy!"

"Vii!"

Little Ivy stretched her vines and coiled them in a tree, ready to swing so Yang Zhang could escape.

But before he could even pull himself, Little Ivy suddenly hollered, "VII! VII! VII!"

Little Ivy retracted her vines and whimpered in pain, "Vii… Vi…"

Yang Zhang was surprised when he saw Little Ivy's vines had been pecked by the junglefowl perching on the branch. Ivy's vine was damaged, and it must've hurt her as well.

Yang Zhang realized that he couldn't use Little Ivy's help right now, and he had to face countless amounts of fowls ready to attack.

"Chirp! Chirp! Chirp! Chirp!"

"Welp, guess there's no chicken dinner for tonight."

16