Bear attack! (2)
229 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Little Ivy has been injured. We cannot run this time, my friends. So we shall fight!" Yang Zhang commanded.

"Chirp!"

"Squeak!"

Chestnut and Lt. Spicy Wing stood in front of Yang Zhang, ready for a command from their master.

The bear grunted with its claws unsheathed. The bear saw the two little animals and decided to ignore both. It raised its paw and aimed its attack at Yang Zhang.

"Team, scatter!"

"Chirp!"

"Squeak!"

"GRAAAA!"

Yang Zhang dodged the bear attack aimed at him. He jumped back while Spicy Wing went to the left and Chestnut to the right.

It was a lot more difficult to fight without the help of Little Ivy because he had limited movement, and he wasn't exactly the most nimble fighter out there.

'I have to use Chestnut and Spicy Wing before the bear attacks me again. That's my only way to balance the fight,' Yang Zhang thought.

He glanced at Chestnut and Spicy Wing and then decided to command, "Spicy Wing, try to kick around its stomach! Chestnut, climb to its head!"

"Chirp!"

"Squeak!"

Lt. Spicy Wing started running around the big bear's feet, regulating fire around its body, and then started kicking the bear's stomach.

"Chirp! Chirp!"

"Grrrr!" The bear looked angry, and the kick from Spicy Wing didn't seem to be enough to actually hurt it. It was enough to distract the bear, though.

'Spicy Wing needs more time to heat up its body. We need to buy time,' Yang Zhang thought. He saw Chestnut finally land on top of the bear's head and clenched the bear fur tightly.

"We need to buy time. Chestnut, discharge!"

Chestnut's body was slowly covered with electricity, and the bear was too busy trying to catch the nimble little chick that kept kicking its belly and feet. So, the bear didn't realize another animal was on top of its head.

"Squeak!"

BZZZZTTTT!

Chestnut discharged a hefty amount of electricity from its body, zapping the bear.

The bear was shocked for a few seconds, but it recovered quickly when Chestnut finished the discharge.

"W—What is this bear? A ground-type Pokemon?!" Yang Zhang was shocked when he saw the electric discharge did little to nothing to the bear.

"GROAAARR!"

The loud roar from the bear shocked Yang Zhang and his pets. In that thin timeframe, everyone stopped reacting for a second, and the bear used the chance to grab Chestnut on its head.

"Squeak!"

"GRRRR!"

The bear grasped Chestnut's small body in its hand, ready to crush Chestnut in one go.

Yang Zhang recovered the moment he saw Chestnut in pain.

"SQUEAKKK!"

"NOO!" Yang Zhang started panicking when he saw his beloved squirrel in pain. His brain quickly formed a plan to distract the bear before Chestnut got crushed to death.

He looked around his feet to find any kind of weapon. He regretted not bringing a knife or something because it would be useful in this kind of situation.

He relied too much on Little Ivy, so he thought he would be all right as long as Ivy was with him.

"Ah, this—" he quickly picked a fist-sized rock on the ground. It was big but still light enough for Yang Zhang to hold.

Yang Zhang saw Spicy Wing's body regulating dynamic fire and slowing heating up.

"Keep hitting its stomach, Spicy Wing!" Yang Zhang commanded. He knew the use of dynamic wing when he swallowed the Mana bead before. The more he moved his body, the hotter his body would get. And with enough heat, his punch and kick would deal more damage. 

"Chirp!" Spicy Wing continued kicking around the bear's belly, just like General Yang Zhang commanded.

"Chestnut, don't lose your grip. Charge your body again!"

"Squeak!"

Chestnut started charging its body again, despite having difficulty of breathing, since the bear was clenching its body tightly.

Yang Zhang clenched the rock tightly and then rushed towards the bear, "Let go of my squirrel!"

SMASH!

Yang Zhang whacked the bear's skull with the rock as hard as he could, and the bear staggered in an instant.

And at the right moment, Chestnut discharged all the stored electricity from inside its body, and the high voltage of electric discharge was enough to open the grasp of the bear's hand.

Yang Zhang snatched Chestnut from the Bear when it was still recovering from the stagger.

Yang Zhang quickly retreated with Chestnut in his hand. He saw Chestnut had an obvious wound on its body. The bear's claw must've penetrated its skin.

Thankfully, the wound wasn't that bad. Still, he didn't want to push Chestnut too much, the squirrel was a sole MVP against the enraged Katarang, and now it was injured.

"Rest for now, Chestnut. I will clean this up. Don't worry," Yang Zhang tried to calm the squirrel down.

"Squeak…" Chestnut slowly crawled inside Yang Zhang's jacket pocket and rested for now.

Yang Zhang gritted his teeth as he focused on the bear again. It had recovered from the stagger fairly quick, even though Yang Zhang had already smashed the rock as hard as possible, proving that the bear also had great durability.

"GRRRRR!" The bear was furious, which Yang Zhang had expected.

Now that he was down with only Lt. Spicy Wing still fighting restlessly. The heat regulating inside the little chick's body was enough for Lt. Spicy Wing to leave a burn mark on the bear's fur, but still not enough to actually hurt the bear.

Unfortunately, Lt. Spicy Wing, albeit agile, was very susceptible to damage.

Knowing how the little chick was down with one big wave from Katarang before meant the little chick was very fragile.

'That means I have to distract the bear while Spicy Wing continues heating its body!' Yang Zhang thought.

He was scared, of course. In front of them, there was a black bear twice his size that would probably rip his body into shreds if he got caught.

But there was no way out right now, so he had to fight.

At least if he died, he died fighting!

"Alright, Second Lieutenant Spicy Wing! It's only us now! Don't disappoint me and give it all that you have for your General!"

"CHIRP!"

11