Miss Kobra (2)
188 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Care to tell me about the little friends inside your jacket pocket?"

Yang Zhang's eyes widened when Miss Kobra pointed the gun at his temple, and his heart almost jumped when Miss Kobra asked him about the little friends inside his pocket.

He looked down to see whether Lt. Spicy Wing or Chestnut's head was sticking out, but nope, the pets were well hidden under the deep pocket.

So Miss Kobra must've had an excellent observation to spot them.

Yang Zhang swallowed his saliva hardly. He tried to negotiate first, "M—Miss Kobra, I meant no harm, really…."

"By hiding something from me? You're such a brave young man, Deng Fan. Are you a spy on a mission? Infiltrating my base because you want to take my head, hm?" Miss Kobra started accusing Yang Zhang, and the latter got even more scared. "It's a pity. You're such a cute boy. I was quite happy when you called me Miss Kobra just now."

"N—No, Miss! I'm not working with anyone, I swear!"

"Then show me the little friends inside your pocket," Miss Kobra commanded.

Yang Zhang truly didn't want to show his pets to anyone, not in this kind of situation.

But he had no other way. Miss Kobra already noticed his pets, so he had nothing else to hide.

"Chestnut, Spicy Wing, come out," Yang Zhang said defeatedly. He purposely didn't call Little Ivy inside his sleeve because Little Ivy was his only way out if things went really bad in this place.

He was literally in a base full of armed people. There was no way for him to leave unscathed at this point.

Lt. Spicy Wing and Chestnut peeked from the pocket and saw their master was held at gunpoint by a strange woman.

"Chirp!"

"Squeak!"

They jumped out from the pocket and landed on the table in front of Yang Zhang. They were ready to attack Miss Kobra, but Yang Zhang quickly commanded them, "It's okay, Miss Kobra won't hurt us… hopefully."

"Chirp?"

"Squeak, squeak!"

"Ah, uh… she just wants to see you guys, don't attack her."

Lt. Spicy Wing and Chestnut stood still, eyeing Miss Kobra with a cautious gaze, as if they were ready to attack anytime Miss Kobra actually harmed Yang Zhang.

Miss Kobra was shocked by Yang Zhang's mutated forest friends. At first, she expected these mutated creatures inside Yang Zhang's pocket to be an exploding ball.

The exploding ball was a fist-sized bomb that would explode upon contact with a hard surface, and those bombs were only owned by the government. Miss Kobra had survived many assassination attempts by the government, so she had expected the worst once she saw two fist-sized things curling inside Yang Zhang's pocket.

But this was a lot more fascinating than the exploding ball. She knew they were mutated animals from the forest. It wasn't that weird to see one.

But the fact that they were hiding inside Yang Zhang's pocket and even followed his command.

"Where did you get these mutated animals?" Miss Kobra asked, still holding the gunpoint at Yang Zhang's temple.

"F—Forest, I found them in the forest," Yang Zhang replied. "I found them in the forest, and they become friends with me."

"Huh? They voluntarily befriend you?" Miss Kobra frowned. As far as she knew, any mutated creatures, whether plants or animals, were very hostile to humans.

Whether it was a zombie or regular humans, those mutated creatures would attack anyone on sight. That was why the forest became such a dangerous place.

Not only big carnivores like tigers, bears, or wolves would attack you, even the smaller animals and plants wanted you dead. So she was surprised by their obedience to Yang Zhang.

"How could you command them like this? You know they are dangerous, right?"

'Well, they are dangerous if you got into their bad side,' Yang Zhang thought.

But he shook his head and replied, "I befriend them, and they live with me now. By the way, Miss Kobra—can you… the gun… I feel like my heart is on my throat right now."

Miss Kobra still couldn't believe that Yang Zhang could control them without any ability.

"How do you communicate with them?" She asked.

"Um… I talked to them," Yang Zhang said.

"And you understand their language?"

"I mean, I guess? It's not hard to know what they're talking about," Yang Zhang answered all the questions truthfully. He just wanted to be safe for now.

'I can only hear squeaking and chirping from these animals. What the heck is this man talking about?' Miss Kobra thought.

Miss Kobra had a lot more in her thoughts about Yang Zhang or in his alias name, Deng Fan right now.

But what concerned her right now was the fact that Yang Zhang could command these supposedly feral mutated animals with ease.

A trait that no normal humans should have.

Thus, Miss Kobra decided to ask the last question, "There is no normal human that can talk with animal like that. You're an ability user, aren't you?"

11