Chapter 9 the dawn of battle, arc 2
808 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Something interesting will be happening soon~

 

Another note, apparently my brain had a meltdown writing the chapter title, I wrote arc 3, instead of arc 2.

 

Yeet~

After waking up, having some breakfast, me and Sophia went out ahead of the other kids. We arrived at the guild to take a look at the quests.

“Wolf hunt, rank D.”

“Goblin extermination, rank C.” she read them out loud again.

“Wait. Read the details of the goblin quest.” I asked her.

“Goblin extermination, in the forest near this city, there is a goblin camp, exterminate them.” She read it out loud.

“Okay, let’s take this one.” I told her.

“Why? Isn’t it rank C and you are rank D?” she asked me.

“I can take quests one rank above me.” I answered her.

“Oh.” She simply said.

As we were walking to the forest, I spoke to her.

“Now look, I’m going to do something dangerous, so you will stay here and wait for me, okay?”

“Okay.” She said a bit nervous after I said we will be doing something dangerous.

We were near the forest and I told her to wait near the start of the forest.

And I went into the forest, after about ten minutes I found the camp of at least fifty goblins, have to say that the coat sure is helping me a lot.

‘This is a fucking goblin village’ I thought to myself.

‘Yes, normally goblins don’t grow to be this big community, a goblin chief or lord is most likely the cause, you have to find out if you want the money.’ The freeloader vamp woke up.

‘Oh great, now you had to wake up.’ I spoke to her.

‘And you had to wake me up, didn’t you?’ she said in a sleepy voice.

‘I swear that all you do is just sleep.’

‘Yes, and what can you do about it?’ Nox answered me.

‘Nothing, that’s the problem!’ I shouted back at her inside my head.

‘Anyways, you said that there is a goblin chief/lord, how do they look?’ I asked.

‘Well, the chief always has this sort of head accessory from feathers, and the lord wears at least three skulls as a necklace, or he can have the best quality of weapon amongst all of them.’ She answered.

‘Okay, anyways, look for the one who stands out, understood.’ I said to her and then went to see if there really is a chief or lord.

As I circled around the village/campsite, I saw him, that guy didn’t look like a chief neither a lord. He was fucking as buff as a rock, and had a big broadsword near his seat made of human bones, I would assume.

‘OY, NOX WAKE THE FUCK UP AND TELL ME WHAT IS THAT THING!?’ I shouted at her inside my mind.

‘Don’t shout like that, well, let’s see… Wait, isn’t that?’ she said and then did some thinking.

‘If I’m not wrong, that guy is either a goblin king/emperor, or an ogre that mutated.’ She told me.

I blacked out for a second.

‘Wait, that guy is the king/emperor or a mutated ogre!?’ I asked her.

‘If I’m not wrong, then yes.’ She told me.

‘Shit, shit, shit, shit, fuck, I need to get out of here!’ I thought.

But first I had to see his strength with my magic assessing eyes, or whatever I call them. As I looked over, I immediately knew that he is beyond rank 5

(Note, the danger ranks that are being counted are at the time how strong the MC is, so every time the ranks will change depending on how strong the MC is).

So, very slowly as to not make any sound, I tried to get out of here. After about fifteen minutes of very slow walking, I finally made it to the place where Sophia waited for me.

“Sophia, we are getting out of here as quickly as fucking possible.” I took her by the hand and started to run.

“Huh, why?” she asked.

“There is no time to waste! We have to hurry!” I commanded her.

And we started to run towards the guild.

After arriving at the guild, I immediately went towards the receptionist.

“I quickly need to meet the guild master, or whatever you call him/her. But I have urgent information.” I told her.

“Sorry but we cannot let you meet the guild master without any scheduled meeting ahead of time.” She spoke.

“Then at least can I tell you the information and then meet the guild master?” I asked her.

“Sure, you can go ahead.” She said and leaned forward as so that no one would be able to hear us. So, I whispered.

“I’m Rosette the new adventurer, today I took a goblin extermination quest of rank C, but after I went to kill the goblins, I saw a very big camp of goblins almost like a village, after investigating I found out something only the guild master should know.” I told her.

After hearing my information, she immediately realized what I had informed her of and then said.

“Okay, let me relay this to the guild master, and he will make the decision to see you.”

“Okay.” I said and then waited for a minute or two, before seeing the same receptionist walking out of the second story of the building, and went towards me.

“The guild master is ready to see you.” She told me.

“Okay.” I simply answered and went towards the meeting room.

After knocking on the door, and hearing that I can come in, I went in.

“So, you are Rosette the new mysterious adventurer?” he asked me.

“Yes, but how am I mysterious and what is your name?” I asked him back not even being scared.

“Okay sorry, my name is Ronaldo, I’m the guild master here, so is everything you said is true?” he asked again.

“Not completely, I have a lot more devastating details to add.” I told him.

“Okay, then tell us the whole story.” He asked.

“Okay, here’s how this went. I took a C rank extermination quest, to kill some goblins, after finding their camp, I found out that there are too many of them for me to handle alone, so I investigated, after investigation I couldn’t find out how many goblins there are, but they are being led by a goblin king/emperor or a mutated ogre, that was what I found out.” I told them my information.

“Are you sure that it’s true?” he asked cautiously.

“Yes, I have a friend who knows about this stuff so, I asked her and she reassured me that my assessing was right.” I told him.

“Okay, then put out a notice for every adventurer within the city to gather at the guild arena, and for everyone to not go to the forest.” He turned at the receptionist.

“And you will be rewarded very handsomely for this information.” He told me.

“How much?” I asked.

“Straight to business, huh? Well about 1200pec if everything is true.”

“Okay, for this much money I would never lie.” I told him.

“But you never know when someone would do anything for money.” He said.

“Oh, and you also need to be in the arena to hear the decision.” After he turned around said to me.

After that I left the room, and went to get Sophia and Amnestia with the kids.

Whilst walking, I asked Nox.

‘Hey you freeloader, how much longer do I need to hold out my mana until I can do some spells?’

‘Well, you need to at least hold it out, outside of your body for a minute to do something, that’s because the mana won’t dissipate so easily after leaving your body then.’

‘Anyways hold it out of my body for as long as I can will determine how long the spell will last outside of my range?’ I asked her to make everything simple for myself.

‘Basically, yes.’ She confirmed.

‘Okay, then I will be doing that for the next two or how much days we will have to prepare until the big hunt.’ I told her.

‘Okay good luck on your training, plus if the fight will be like I expect it to be then I will be able to demonize you further.’ She said.

‘Wait, really?’ I asked.

‘Yes.’

‘Won’t people realize that I’m a demon, even better now?’

‘You can freeze them with fear.’

‘How?’

‘Well, if you look anyone in the eyes they will freeze in fear if they are weaker than you, and if they are stronger than you, then they will just ignore you.

That much, people won’t be able to make out that you are a demon just by the eyes alone.’ She reassured me.

‘Then how did Haruda, knew I was a demon just from my aura alone?’ I asked her.

‘He had a good sensory feeling, plus a human’s and a demon’s auras are completely different, but the eyes, they can just think that you were born like this or something.’ She explained to me.

‘Okay then I will believe you.’ I told her.

‘Okay, okay now go train your mana control.’ Nox told me.

‘Yeah, that’s what I’m planning to do.’ I told her.

So, I started practicing.

25