Chapter 4: First blood
562 8 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wooohhnnggg

A steam-powered ship with a sail still attached to it was sailing under the crimson moon. Several people can be seen in the deck preparing for something.

"John! Is the bait ready?"

"Wait, Captain! I think we don't have enough pig organs to bait the Murloc!"

"Mare! Bring another pig organ!"

"Yes, Captain!"

"Rick! Get ready the pepper granules and mint cream—prepare lots of'em!"

"Already done Captain!"

"Let's go, boys! We have a Murloc to hunt!"

""AYE CAPTAIN!""

"Keep your VOICE down idiots!"

'Aren't you the one who shouts first…' 

Elland's crews thought hearing their captain.

While Capt. Elland Kag and his crews were busy preparing the Murloc hunt, our Angel—Alice was idling in her room while fiddling with her pocket watch. 

'Hmmm… since yesterday's incident, sir Elland's crews seems to avoid me—I wonder why, it's not like they're the one I hit… '

'But then again, hitting that was an overkill huh–not that I feel sorry...now that I think about it, I didn't feel anything seeing blood I cause for the first time. Is it the same if I kill someone?'

"Only the future will tell."

Alice mumbled, still fiddling with her pocket watch—there's a hidden mechanism maybe?

Laying in her bed wearing her white nightgown, Alice suddenly felt a supernatural presence although it's weak. At the same time, she hears a knock on her cabin door.

"Pardon me Miss. Ophis. We're already done with the preparation, do you want to see us hunting the Murloc?"

After three knocks, Alice heard Elland Kag's voice.

"Yess, I'll be there in a minute sir Elland."

Alice replied while putting on her usual 'Ophis' get up—black Gothic regal dress and a veil. 

Several minutes later, Alice and Elland were walking side by side to the deck while chatting about the ins and outs of the Murloc hunt.

Glancing at their captain's happy conversation with Alice, the White Agate crews can't help but wonder how their captain can still happily chat with Alice after they told him that incident.

'Captain is done for!!'

The White Agate thought with an exasperated look on their face.

Looking at the bait under the water with a string connected to it, Alice spoke to Elland.

"Soo… sir Elland, how long do we need to wait for the Murloc to take the bait?"

"Those Murlocs will happily take the bait if they're in the bait's vicinity. But, since in the main sea route and the surrounding seas they've been cleared out, we need to be lucky to meet a Murloc."

"Sorry in advance if we can't get the Murloc tonight, Miss Ophis."

Elland said with an apologetic look on his face.

"It's okay sir Elland."

Alice replied with a smile, receiving Elland's relief sigh at her reply. 

Shhttt

At that moment, all of the people on deck saw the string they prepared sink a little. Aiming their rifle in the bait direction, Elland and his crews put their finger on the rifle's trigger.

The faint sound of friction rapidly grew closer and closer. Suddenly, a figure jumped on the deck.

It was a monster bathed in crimson moonlight. Its entire physique was covered in dark green scales and a green slime flowing around it.

The Murloc, more than 190cm tall, with round eyes and gills on its cheeks. It was like a giant fish that had grown four strong limbs, and there was obvious webbing in the cracks of its limb.

Squatting down and quickly stuffed the pig organs into its mouth, the Murloc's white eyes gradually faded. As if it had fallen into a dream.

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Two bullets hit the Murloc's white eyes, successfully crippling its vision

and another two bullets hit the Murloc's chest, causing its scale to shatter and blood to spatter.

"Waaaakhhh"

The Murloc let out a cry which sounded like a child. Before the Murloc regain its composure, another rain of bullets was fired—

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Hitting its limbs successfully immobilizes the Murloc.

Wasn't dead yet, the Murloc trying its best to crawl to escape.

After a few seconds, the poison inside the pig organs took effect, and it squirmed to its death.

Looking at the dead Murloc, Alice frowned at the disgusting sight of a bloody monster—feeling hesitant about eating its cheek raw. Seeing the real thing is disgusting after all.

'How did Gehrman Sparrow¹ eat that thing's cheek!?'

Alice thought while she observe Captn. Elland sliced the cheek beneath the Murloc's eye with a knife.

"As you have heard, the most delicious part of a Murloc's body is suitable for eating it raw."

Elland said while giving the Murloc's cheek to Alice.

Steeling her resolve to eat the so-called Murloc's cheek, Alice remove her veil and took the flesh. Looking at the flesh in her hand, Alice quickly bite the bloody flesh and swallowed it.

'The blood tastes very faint, a bit salty, and the meat tastes fresh and sweet.'

Alice thought as she lick the blood on her lips.

The White Agate crews, looking at Alice licked the blood on her lips shuddered at the scene.

"It's truly delicious sir Elland!"

Alice praised with a cheerful tone.

"Glad to see you enjoy the food, Miss Ophis."

Elland replied with a wide smile, seemingly delighted at the praise—even tho she was praising the food, not him.

"Well, thanks to you I can finally taste it. What should I pay you with?"

Alice asked with a satisfied smile.

"Ah—you don't need to pay, Miss Ophis. You only ate the cheek anyway, and we can sell Murloc's corpse for 150 pounds to compensate our preparation."

Elland said, quickly refusing Alice.

"If you say so sir Elland, I'll go to my cabin then. Good night gentlemen."

Alice went to her cabin after she says goodbye to Captn. Elland and his crews.

***

Days passed since the White Agate sailed from Tiana Port in Tiana Island, now the White Agate was sailing toward Bayam, the capital of the Rorsted Archipelago. These several days were peaceful, with only the sound of waves and birds being heard—an ideal thing for the passengers of the White Agate.

In her time on Tiana Island, Alice gets herself a useful collaborator. The collaborator's—the name is Mavis, he was a broker and an informant, not only he has many connections but he also didn't look down at her on their first meeting—he already know Alice previous accident after all, not that Alice knew it—

After she knows that he was a broker with many connections, she quickly made a deal with him—and the deal was he gets 20% of the bounties she exchange through him. For more safety, Alice used her 'Persuasion' ability on him.

Several days after she met Mavis, Alice was traveling Desi Bay using her Mirror world-traveling method. Many of her purposes were achieved in Desi Bay, such as—making an alibi for 'Alice Deloen' vacation, just in case.

She explored Desi Bay with only 6 pounds on her wallet. Renting a room, tasting the local delicacy–such as the novel's protagonist favorite food—'Desi Pie' and it's truly tasty, and she bought many souvenirs and clothes. With her shopping spree, her finances plummet to a meager 2 pounds. 

Our Angel is truly poor.

Her other purpose visiting Desi Bay is none other than escaping her boredom. There's nothing to do in the middle of the sea!

Looking outside the window in her cabin, Alice smile viciously. 

Several miles from the White Agate, two ships were sailing at full speed towards the White Agate. 

A pirate ship!

In the White Agate, the passengers were panicking at the sudden arrival of pirates on their peaceful journey. Two pirates ship at that!

Grimacing at the upcoming battle with two pirates, Elland Kag and several of his crews were trying to calm the White Agate's passengers. Then, a crewman ran towards Elland Kag—who was trying to calm the passenger.

"Captain, it's the Death Shark!"

The crewman said aloud, increasing the chaos further. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, please return to your rooms in an orderly manner and await the arrival of good news. Believe me, we will try our best to repel those barbaric pirates."

Elland with a firm and resolute voice calming the panicking passengers.

Inside her cabin, Alice stood in front of a mirror while glancing at the two incoming pirates.

"The Death Shark—One-Eyed Shark 3000 pounds the captain, Vicious Viktor 1000 pounds the first mate, Freak Gary 700 pounds the second mate, and a bunch of faceless small fry worth 50 pounds each."

"Finally, the bounty board that I memorized was not in vain."

Alice mumbled with a hint of greed and excitement. 

Even if the pirates are still several miles, Alice can still clearly see each of their faces.

This is the ability of Sequence 9 Assassin, Eagle's Perception!

"Surely they have a mirror there."

A moment later, Alice's body disappears in front of the mirror.

***

Vicious Victori is a Sequence 8 Beyonder of the Tyrant Pathway, Folk of Rage. And at the moment he is inside his cabin, cleaning his cutlass in front of the mirror hanging on the wall.

While he was grinning at the thought of robbing yet another ship, he saw a reflection of a lady in the mirror. Surprised, he turned his head behind—and saw nothing. Turning his head to face the mirror—only to see the beautiful lady's charming smile. 

He was about to get up—but his body didn't respond, puzzled at the situation he was in, he looked at his body. His body—his whole physique below his neck turned to a stone! 

This is the ability of Sequence 3 Demoness of Unaging, Petrification!

Realizing the situation—he was under attack. He was about to shout for help—but suddenly he could see his body upside down–headless!

***

Alice was looking at the head of Vicious Viktor worth 1000 pounds with a calm gaze—she didn't feel a thing! Absolutely nothing!—putting the severed head into the sack she prepared, she walked out of the room.

"Is it because I know he was a bad person?"

Alice muttered as she releases various diseases from her body.

This is the ability of Sequence 5 Demoness of Affliction, Epidemic!

Walking through the ship she saw many of the pirates were ordinary people as they can't even hold up for 2 minutes. Harvesting the head of the dead pirates with a calm face, she looked around at the now-empty ship. 

"I know I'm strong, but seriously…"

Alice mumbled, standing in front of the mirror in the now-deceased Viktor's room. Using the mirror world-traveling method, she searches for the window connecting to a mirror in the Death Shark's other ship.

Arrived at the other ship, Alice looked around the empty room focusing outside the window to confirm her position.

Sensing someone walking towards the room she's in, she shot a black flame at the door—burning the door and a pirate near it. 

This is the ability of Sequence 7 Witch, Dark Sorcery: Black Flame!

Chopped the pirate head before the flame burn it, she then put it in the sack and spread her diseases again.

As she was about to walk outside, she locked gaze at the pirate across the door—the pirate, a brawny man with an eye patch covering one of his eyes, a seaweed-like dark blue hair, and wearing your typical pirate costume—

—One-Eyed Shark!

Then a sudden water ball was shot, aiming at Alice's head but missed as the controller—One-Eyed Shark suddenly coughed badly.

Gritting his teeth, One-Eyed Shark slashes the lady in front of him with his cutlass. 

Swoosh—

His cutlass halted abruptly, One-Eyed Shark's eye widen as he looked at his stone hand and body. Bewildered at the sudden unseen attack—he swears the lady in front of him didn't do anything!

Fear and despair soon surface on his face. 

Alice, looking at the despaired pirate captain in front of her smiled.

"One-Eyed Shark I presumed. Before you die from a heart attack like your crews on the other ship, I need to ask where you hide your loot. I don't want to waste my time searching the whole ship after all."

"So, can you tell me?"

Alice said with her 'Persuasion' ability.

***

Harvesting yet another batch of pirates' heads with the captain's head, Alice's sack is now full of pirates' heads, and the bottom of the sack was soaked blood-red.

Walking to the captain's cabin, she looked at the sack she held—

"A girl with pale blonde hair and a black Gothic regal dress, holding a bloody sack on her hand—a scene straight from a horror film...pfftt."

Alice giggles at her horror scene.

In the captain's cabin, she opened his wardrobe and took the big chest hidden inside.

Opening the chest, Alice took the items stored in the chest.

"Two hundred 10 pound note… a necklace… a revolver… a silver dagger….hmm"

Looking at the necklace, she knew that it's a Beyonder item but she don't know how to appraise it after all. The revolver—a black with gold patterns adorned on the handle, while it looked elegant, she didn't feel any spiritual fluctuation. The silver dagger—a dagger used in many rituals to guide the flow of spirituality and created a shapeless wall of spirituality.

"Now that I think about it, I didn't have a silver dagger and this revolver should be useful to fight around ordinary people."

Finished inspecting each item, she walked through the mirror inside the captain's cabin and disappear.

A moment later, Alice—with a sack full of heads walks to one of the bars in the Tiana Port. Looking at the sign that says 'Beer & Cuttlefish' Alice went straight inside.

Ignoring the stare from the bar's customers, Alice quickly spotted Mavis—a tall thin man with black hair and blue eyes, wearing a gray coat.

Putting the bloody sack in front of Mavis with a smile, Alice beckoned Mavis to open the sack with her eyes.

A glance at Alice briefly before he opens the sack, Mavis wonders how did she go back here after only several days sail from this port. 

As the sack was opened, a head rolled out on the table. The head—a male head with an eye patch covering one eye and a blue seaweed hair, Mavis–recognize that face. It's One-Eyed Shark head! Then several heads rolled out of the sack filling the table, and they're clearly One-Eyed Shark's crew—the WHOLE 'DEATH SHARK' PIRATE'S HEADS IS HERE!

"..."

"Y-yo-you did that his yo-yourse-lf!?"

Mavis said stuttering with disbelief and fear written on his face.

Hearing Mavis's question, Alice didn't reply she's just smiling at him.

Seeing the smile, Mavis felt a shudder on his spine. And at that moment, he swears to himself to not anger the lady in front of him.

"You still remember our deal right?"

With a threatening smile, Alice locks her eyes in the trembling Mavis. And with a frantic nod, Mavis replied.

"Good, you have 5 days to exchange their heads."

***

Gehrman Sparrow¹: an identity Klein Moretti assumed after he advanced to Sequence 6 Faceless of Fool Pathway

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoy the chapter 

-ᄒᴥᄒ-

16