Chapter 5: Headless Collector
535 6 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waiting for the upcoming battle against the Death Shark, Elland Kag and his crews were holding rifles and some holding a sabre. With every moment pass, the White Agate eventually intercepted by the Death Shark's ships.

"Get ready BOYS! Those BASTARDS ARE COMING!"

""AYE AYE CAPTAIN!""

With a shout, Captain Elland Kag and his crew wore a determined face. 

"..."

"..."

"...?"

Silence, there's no laughter from the pirates—no pirates jumped to the White Agate's deck. The Death Shark's ships were just passing by, confusing both the White Agate crews and passengers–who were peeking through their windows.

The silence continues for several minutes until Elland shouts to his crews while holding a binocular.

"IT'S EMPTY! THE DEATH SHARK SHIPS ARE EMPTY!"

Hearing what their Captain was saying, the crews were looking at each other faces with a confused face–while some of them were relieved.

Seeing the confused crews, Elland Kag braves himself to throw a grappling hook on one of the Death Shark Ship. With the two ships connected, Elland crawl towards the pirate ship using the grappling hook's rope. 

Arrived at the pirate ship, Elland Kag could smell a fresh scent of blood. Gesturing his crews to come, Elland Kag waited for them while observing the deck vicinity. 

Seeing nothing, Elland Kag and two of his crew proceed to step into the cabins while two more were guarding the deck. 

"..." 

"..."

"... let's go with caution."

Elland Kag said, looking at the headless bodies of the supposed Death Shark's pirates. 

Checking all of the cabins, Elland Kag and his crews could only conclude that this is a one-sided slaughter. The necks of the pirates were cleanly cut—without an ounce of struggle. 

"Wh-who could do th-this?"

"Don't know John, but whatever it is I'm glad I wasn't its opponent."

"You could say that again captain… is it Miss Ophis tho?"

Hearing Mare accuses, Elland Kag frowned at the name Mare accused of this slaughter. Seeing his Captain's frown, Mare quickly explained his reasons.

"She could possibly do this Captain, I was there when that happened—she disabled the man-twice her size in a matter of seconds."

"Then how do you explain how she got here even before their ships closed to us."

Hearing his Captain reply, Mare could only open his mouth a moment before closing it again.

Leaving the pirate's ships, Elland Kag can't help but feel something is wrong with him. He didn't know what is it specifically—it's like something or some thought was completely missing in his head.

"What should I do…."

"..." 

".... I need to tell the MI9 first about the Death Shark massacre. They can link the suspect from Death Shark's crew bounty exchange."

Elland Kag murmured whilst walking to his cabin after announcing the outcome to his passengers. 

***

Arrive at her cabin in the White Agate after she finished her business with Mavis, Alice leaped to her bed in a happy mood.

"Today's productivity is the best! Ahhhh I can't wait for the moneyyy."

"Just thinking about thousands of pounds in my purse makes me sooooo happyyyy!!"

Rolling around on her bed, Alice couldn't help but feel excited. 

After a moment of calming herself, Alice took out the necklace she got from her harvest.

A silver-colored necklace with a thin strong silvery chain and a red gem embedded in it. 

"It's pretty~"

"I hope it has a useful ability for me, if not I could just sell it."

Alice mumbled as she took out her next trophy from the massacre, you could say that was her target other than the bounties.

A Beyonder Characteristic¹.

She got 3 at that!

"A Sequence 9, Sequence 8, and Sequence 7 Beyonder Characteristics of the Tyrant Pathway."

"Not bad I guess, maybe I can sell it or ask an artist to make it into a Sealed Artifact."

Musing herself, Alice then remembered that she's hasn't taken a bath, still smelled like blood. With that, she quickly washes both her body and clothing. 

***

The White Agate docked smoothly and arrived at the capital of the Rorsted Archipelago, Bayam, the City of Generosity.

Located on the Blue Mountain Island, it occupies more than half of the archipelago which was mostly covered in forest. 

It has gold, silver, copper, coal, iron, and other minerals, as well as a plentiful variety of fruits due to the particularly fertile land. For these reasons, the first batch of colonists named the seaside city they built the 'City of Generosity'.

They believe it was a land of treasure promised by the gods, where it flowed with milk and honey.

Alice still wearing a black Gothic regal dress, and a soft hat with a short veil attached to its front.

Then, she picked up her leather suitcase and left her cabin, entering the corridor that led to the deck.

On her way, she met Elland Kag and his crews heading in the same direction as her.

With a greet, Alice and Elland Kag walked side by side while exchanging pleasantries.

"Miss. Ophis, will you be staying in Bayam?"

"For some time, how about you sir Elland?"

"My White Agate will only stay for today, we'll go back to the sea tomorrow."

"You must be busy, sir Elland. Well, it's nice meeting you, goodbye sir Elland."

"Nice to meet you to Miss. Ophis, have a safe journey."

"Likewise."

Walked out of the dock, Alice went straight to Acid Lemon Street after asking the locals about the lodging.

Looking around the street, Alice wonders why the pedestrians walked in a hurry. She was about to ask a stranger when suddenly she heard a loud thundering roar, looking up at the sky Alice found black clouds were heading this way.

"Oh… so that's why. I need to find an inn faster."

Then, Alice hastens her footsteps to search the inn. 

After several minutes, Alice finally arrived at the inn located on 48 Acid Lemon Street. Glancing at the signboard that said 'Wind of Azure Inn', Alice step inside the building.

Entering the room she rents, Alice was satisfied with the room, it was cozy enough for a regular suite. After inspecting the room, Alice unloads her luggage. 

"What should I do….. Hmmmm"

"Let's just taste the local delicacies."

Alice was about to go outside, but it looks like she needed to postpone her trip as a storm was raging outside the inn.

"Let's just go to Desi Bay."

Alice thus spends her day at Desi Bay.

The next morning, Alice went back to Bayam using the Mirror world-traveling method. Inside her room in the Wind Azure Inn, Alice wore her 'Ophis' clothes to explore Bayam. 

"Let's search for breakfast first."

Waiting at her table, Alice glanced at the building across the restaurant she sat. Cathedral of Waves, the Church of the Lord of Storms' main cathedral in the archipelago and the largest cathedral on the archipelago. 

A large sacred emblem of the Church of the Lord of Storms was hanging proudly on top of the cathedral roofs, the Church of the Lord of Storms' emblem is a symbol of gales and stormy waves, representing their God—Lord of Storms.

Church of the Lord of Storms is known to discourage gender equality, instead of promoting more traditional values of the man busy with work, while the woman takes care of the family.

Many of the believers are pirates or sailors because of the church's influence with water and storms caused by the characteristics of Tyrant Pathway.

Alice sensed the might of a powerful Beyonder in the cathedral, and she knows who. 

'Jahn Kottman, Sequence 3 Sea King of the Tyrant Pathway. He should be a high-ranking deacon of the Mandated Punishers² and an Archbishop of the cathedral.'

"He can be a pain to fight if he uses any Sealed Artifact."

While Alice was starting at the cathedral, her breakfast was already at her table waiting to be eaten.

Her breakfast is 'Teativa', local food in Bayam. In Loenese it's mean "meat within fruit", the cook used a giant local fruit 'Teana', hollowed out of its flesh leaving only a solid shell, then stuffed it with mashed mutton and fish followed by sea salt and several types of spice, and repeatedly roasted it over the fire.

The meat was fresh, fragrant, and perfectly blended with the sweet and slightly sour flavor of the fruit.

Taking off her soft hat, Alice eats the local food 'Teativa' in front of her.

"Mmmhmm… its taste delicious!"

While munching the food slowly to savor the delicious taste, Alice orders another 'Teativa' and a local wine named 'Black Rand'—a strong distilled wine mixed with other fermented grains.

After finishing her breakfast, Alice went sightseeing all over Bayam. From the holiest place–Cathedral of Storms to the most famous brothel—Red Theater.

Why a brothel you ask?

Well, a girl has needs too.

"I'm just curious about the place mentioned in the novel you perverted narrator!"

.

"#@$&&#%"

.

.

While our Angel was having banter with the narrator, she arrived at a bar in Bayam.

'Swordfish Bar' was the name of the bar Alice visited. Swordfish Bar is an accepted gathering spot for adventures alike.

Inside the bar, Alice easily made her way through the tables to the bar counter because there weren't many customers.

Different from the bar she previously visit, Swordfish Bar had three blackboards on the side of the bar that were supported by wooden shelves. Sitting on them were yellowing notices in white, with a variety of content—ranging from hiring bodyguards to treasure map hunting.

"A glass of Zahar."

Alice said to the bartender while sitting down on the counter's stool.

"..."

The bartender casually glanced at Alice after hearing her lullaby-like voice, but the next moment he was silent.

Seeing the lady's pale blonde hair and black Gothic regal dress with a veil covering her face, the bartender froze at the sight. Not because of her beauty, but because her whole description fits the rumored 'Headless Collector'.

'Headless Collector' is the nickname Tiana Port's adventurers spread. The rumor was a pale blonde lady wearing a black regal dress with a short veil covering her face, holding a bloody sack full of pirate heads. Each head was severed cleanly with each face having a despaired expression.

While the bartender and Alice were having a staring contest, some adventures inside the bar were scared shitless recognizing the lady in black while some of them were questioning the rumor's truth. 

"..."

"..."

"Oy, the Miss over there!"

'!!!!' 

Hearing one of the adventurers calls Alice. Both Alice and the bartender broke from their stupor, while other adventurers were strangling the stupid guy in their minds.

"Yes? What is it?"

"Are the rumors true?"

"What rumors?"

"You don't know??"

"No, I don't. Care to explain?"

"The 'Headless Collector' pale blonde hair, wearing a black regal dress with a veil covering the face—holding a sack full of heads. Never heard of it?"

"Yes, it's my first time hearing it."

"...is it really you?"

The adventurer asked with a moment of hesitation.

"Mmm from your description... yes I guess, from Tiana Port right? The rumors."

Hearing Alice reply, the guy asking the question was trembling. He's fucked up if she was offended by his question, while the rest of the adventurers were slowly moving towards the exit but stopped when Alice glanced at them.

Silence descends yet again.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Looking around the silent bar, Alice was confused with both the sudden silence and her moniker.

"So? What is it that you want? And where's my glass of Zahar Mr?"

Alice said to the guy and the bartender with a calm voice, making the former visibly trembling while the latter hastily prepared Alice's order.

"Y-yo-you—I me-mean, please forgive me!!!"

The guy begs while prostrate in front of Alice.

"Forgive what exactly?"

Alice replied with a confused tone.

"Don't take my head!! My face is too ugly for you my Lady!! Forgive me for offending you—"

Alice was bewildered at the crying guy who keep spouting nonsense about his ugliness in front of her. She didn't even feel offended, but he was begging her to forgive him.

She's only taken the pirate's head for the bounties you know!

"I don't even want your head. But if there's a bounty on your head—I can reconsider it."

Alice said, with a lick on her lips in the last sentence.

"I-I don't have a bounty on meee, ye-yes I'm a law-abiding adventurer—"

"What's your name?"

Alice cut his ramble while she taste her glass of Zahar.

"...r-Romly—wh-why?"

"Okay Romly, I have a commission for you—"

As she was about to say something, Alice looks around the other adventurers in the bar.

"—No wait, it won't just Romly here, but every adventurers gathering today—I Ophis, issue a commission to you guys to tell me about every pirates whereabouts you encounter. For every confirmed pirate, I'll pay 10 pounds for it."

Wooooaaahhh—

Listening to the 'Headless Collector' commission payment, the adventurers shout excitedly.

"So how do we contact you, Miss Ophis?"

Said one of the adventurers.

"You guys know Beyonder right?"

Saying so, Alice received a nod from every adventurer gathering here.

"Then, you can just need to knock a mirror 5 times. I will say in advance that I won't always know if you guys knock or not."

""YES""

With the thoughts of earning 10 pounds easily, the bar was filled with laughter. 

And of course, many pirates will hear about the commission to hunt them. Some of them were scared while most of them were furious.

.

.

.

Well, what can I say?

.

.

.

Let the Banquet, begins!

***

Beyonder Characteristics¹: When a Beyonder or a Beyonder Creature dies, due to the Law of Beyonder Characteristics Indestructibility, the extraordinary material originally used by that Beyonder will precipitate, leaving a "Beyonder Characteristic" with their mental imprint regardless of their Sequence level

The Mandated Punishers²: The Church of the Lord of Storms squad of official Beyonders. They address supernatural issues related to the Lord of Storms believers.

Thank you for reading, hope you like it.

-ᄒᴥᄒ-

17