Chapter 25
53 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A man in his thirties was on the stage. He was rather handsome, but nobody noticed it, as he was standing not far from Leon. The man’s armour was polished so well, that people from the crowd could not look straight at him.

‘Gosh, it’s even worse this time, my eyes became too sensitive.’

Guards immediately pointed their swords at the man.

“Fear not, dear guards, I mean no harm.” He held his hands up in surrender.

Guards obviously did not stop and tried to apprehend him.

Leon stopped them.

“Wait, let him speak.”

There was something familiar about this man to Leon.

“Thank you, o’ noble warrior Leon. First, let me introduce myself. I am called Aloin Delarue. Also, a noble warrior, using my sword only for a noble cause.”

While introducing himself he bowed.

‘...He still uses exaggerated royal etiquette when not needed… I think he even goes to the toilet ‘gracefully’.’

After hearing the name, Leon grabbed his face.

‘...He clearly knows him… I would face-palm too, given the circumstances.’

“I wanted to wait until the end of the event and then approach the Hero… But I have heard the points required to become a noble friend of the Hero and could not hold in my excitement. So excuse me for such a rude entrance. I want to recommend my-”

“No.”

“Huh? But I-”

Leon knew what he was going to ask anyway.

“You are not fit for the team. I’m sorry.”

“That… I… wasn’t even tested…”

Aloin who was once beaming with determination was now disheartened.

“You’re too old… Please leave.”

“*Cough* I see…”

The blow hit Aloin’s weak spot.

‘That sure was rude. He’s not a bad person… just a bit annoying.’

Soon after the knight in shining armour left, a new guest arrived.

He was escorted by dozens of bodyguards, A VIP… and a star of this event.

“Please welcome the newly appointed general, Faheem the Wise Sword!”

Just like the announcer said, the crowd welcomed the general.

Despite his age, Faheem looked like a seasoned warrior. Though he was rather young for his position. Being not much older than Aloin, he was respected on par with the previous general, Torum.

He gave a speech, just like Lance did, but he focused on praising himself and telling what he will do from now on as the general. 

There was one point that caught someone’s attention.

‘...He took Ron under his wing?... O~h even called Torum his old friend? Interesting, interesting. Should I pay him a visit?... No… I’m done with interrupting the story… At least I’ll try not to… The Hero should do his part too, right?’

“...I’ve said everything I wanted to say… Lance, are you ready?”

“Hell yeah! I’ve been waiting for this.”

Lance got fired up and jumped into the middle of the scene.

‘The heck?’

Just like our wind, most people got confused. The announcer noticed it and quickly went to the podium.

“Now we will proceed with the main show of the event. Everyone knows the power of a hero! But how strong is the new general? This friendly spar will demonstrate his prowess! So don’t even think about blinking! This will be a sight to behold!”

““WoooooHooooo””

‘So that’s why the scene was so big and sturdy… I predict it will still collapse.’

Both fighters gave brief greetings and took their stances.

*Boom*

For most people the clash was instant. Only a few could actually follow their movements. And the blow was so fierce that it sounded more like an explosion.

*Clang* *Clang*

The next moves were more precise and held less strength. 

Faheem was gradually pushing Lance back.

Even those who do not use a sword could tell who was winning.

Judging from Lance’s expression he too knew.

…And those who could clearly see the fight might’ve noticed something else.

‘He’s toying with him.’

The difference in skill and even sheer strength was just too wide.

“Stop it already!”

Lance got angry because even he understood.

“The public needs entertainment, sir Hero, no offence.”

The mentioned public could not hear their conversation due to the loud clashing of the swords.

And right when Lance reached the end of the stage.

*Thud*

His sword was knocked out of his hands.

“The general has won!”

““Yeaaaah!””

Faheem tried to hand the sword to Lance, as a friendly gesture… But he could not pick it up. It did not even budge.

“...A Holy Sword indeed.”

“Heh, you’re not worthy.”

The crowd was still cheering and discussing this short but beautiful fight.

Lance took it himself and went back to his friends.

‘Does it really work like Es… Ex…Damn it… The sword from the legend… Maybe I should try it too?... Grr, f*ck that sword, my mood is ruined.’

“Great job Lance!”

“...I didn’t stand a chance, Melissa.”

“Don’t make that face. You did great! You even hit him a few times!”

“...You-”

“*Cough* We should head back. We have a few things to discuss.”

“...Right, that thing.”

‘...I hope it’s something interesting.’

While going off the stage Terra looked at Faheem, and the latter responded with a smile.

The wind took note of that.

.

.

.

Back at Mary’s house, everyone was relaxing in various ways.

Leon was reading books written by Theodore, Agness was reading some detective novels, Melissa was playing with a pussy, Terra and Naty were talking to each other and Lance was snoring while taking a nap.

All of them were waiting for Timothy.

‘My god. He’s finally here.’

“Timmy, good timing…Before that, are you okay now?”

“...Yes, what is it?”

“I explained it to others already, we’ll have a small expedition. It will take a few days, maybe even a week to come back. You’re coming too.”

“...Aren’t everyone?”

“No, it’s nothing too important, the King probably wants to see us in action. But Naty needs to do some work for the Church, so I asked Agness to be her guard… just in case.”

Timothy never asked too many questions, so he just nodded.

“Good, everyone else has packed already, we’ll be departing after a few hours.”

“...No sleep?”

“...Yeah… But the sooner we go, the sooner we’ll be back.”

“...I’ll go get my stuff.”

Timmy vanished.

“And… I’ve been meaning to ask this for a while… Melissa, what is that?”

“Hm? It’s a cat toy.”

“No, that’s no-... Why is there a cat here?”

“Oh! I picked him up while we were returning from the event. He kept ann-, I mean, following me, so I decided to take him with me! Look how cute he is!”

“Meow!”

“He says hi! I named him Whitey, because of his white fur. I’m going to keep him!”

“You… How exactly are you going to do that?”

“What do you mean?”

“...We need to go in a few hours… Will you take him to the battlefield?”

“Of course not, Agness will take care of him while I’m gone.”

“And after that? We’re are often on the go, and often ambushed… You can’t keep him.”

“Hissss!”

Whitey did not like the sound of that.

‘What a smart cat…If you can even call it a cat.’

“...Fine. I’m sorry Whitey, it seems as if you’ll have to go back to the streets.”

“Meow! Hiss! Meeeeow!”

Like that Whitey got kicked from Hero’s party.

.

.

‘Finally! They are done with their ‘secret’ conversation. Now I can go and tease Lance!’

“Hey! Is someone home?”

“Hm? Mixen?”

“My god there is a lot of you here. Hi everyone.”

“Where’ve you been?”

“After your show, I had some stuff to do.” ‘Eavesdrop’

Hearing a familiar voice, Lance woke up from his nap.

“...So you’ve seen the spar?”

“Yeah! It was awesome! The general is soo strong! But you still landed a few hits! You’re soo cool!”

Lance did not answer, he simply sighed and went back to sleep.

“...What’s up with him?”

“He’s feeling bad for losing.”

“Ah… sorry…”

‘No fun… I’m not the only one with a downed mood, huh? Oh, Timmy is back.’

“I’m ba…ck.”

“Hi?”

“*Cough* Mixen, we actually need to go away for a few days…Right now.”

““Right now!?””

“Don’t we have a few hours more?! I want to sleep!”

“Wait, wait, everyone is already leaving?”

“Ah, not for that… just some business… And Naty with Agness will be here, so don’t worry.”

“Oh… I see.”

“Okay everyone, take your stuff, let’s go.”

Everyone quickly took their prepared belongings, but…

“...Leon… Go without me, I’ll be there shortly.”

“Timmy? Why?”

“...I want to have a word with… Mixen…”

‘Huh? Me?’

“Timmy… He’s not the one…”

“Still! I need to be sure!”

“*Sigh* Just… Don’t take too long.”

“Yes… I’m sorry… Mixen… Can I talk to you… privately?”

‘I’m not deaf.’

“Yeah, sure. Though I don’t think you’ll get anything out of it.”

“S-Still.”

‘I’m also interested as to why you’re searching for me.’

They went outside to talk.

“So… What’s up?”

“First of all… Can you… tell me your Father’s name?”

“Huh? Why?”

‘So you’re after Father, huh?’

“Just… for personal reasons…”

Timmothy was avoiding eye contact… And was very lucky to do that, because Mixen’s expression could kill.

“...”

‘Good thing I learned to hold back my Killing Intent well… But should I? Maybe I should kill him here? No. It would ruin the story…’

“It’s Marcus.”

“M-Marcus?”

‘No way in hell will you get any information for your owner.’

“Yeah, he and mother Sara are happy at home while I’m adventuring.”

“S-Sara?”

“Yup… Something’s wrong?”

‘Take it and leave… along with your miserable life.’

“N-No… Thank you… I really did get the wrong person.”

“Just like I and Leon said.”

‘Come to think of it… Why was Leon so sure about it?’

“Y-Yeah… Sorry…”

“No worries. Though you might want to hurry, Leon and co might’ve reached the location already.”

“Right… Goodbye.”

“By~e”

‘I’ll kill you if you pull that sh*t again… My mood just got worse… Ha~... Naty might help me with that.’

.

.

“Hey there, you busy?”

“...Why?”

“I was thinking of having some fun!”

“F-Fun?”

“Yeah! The moon isn’t obstructed tonight. It’s beautiful on the nights like these.”

“That… I can’t.”

“Huh? Why?”

“I need to go to the church soon.”

“But the sun is already setting?”

“...It’s for charity… Do you… want to come with me?”

“To the church?”

“Uh-huh”

“Nah, charity isn’t my thing, besides, it’s just suffocating to be in there.”

‘Literally, mind you.’

“Are you… serious?”

“Yeah?”

“That’s… a sign of a lack of faith.”

“Oh… Well, I was never a religious person, you know me.”

‘...It wasn’t your Goddess who brought me here, I’m sorry Naty.’

“Hmph, I need to go now.”

“Will we go after you come back?”

“I will be late.”

“You want to sleep that badly?”

“...No…”

“Great! Then I will go for a walk. Bye!”

.

.

‘Damn… I need to spend a few hours somewhere… And those three idiots aren’t helpful for my mood… Who are they after? Agness? Or Naty? Maybe they’re just collecting information because Timmothy isn’t here? Hm? Wait… Are they following me? No way… Are they after me? Interesting.’

Mixen walked through the city at a slow pace. Eventually, he went into a dark alleyway.

‘Oh, look at that! That’s my poster! Ew who drew that? The mask isn’t even accurate… A platinum coin for any information? Wow, that’s a lot… Should I sell myself out? Oops, they are here.’

“Hey, kid.”

“Hm? Yes?”

Three men. All higher than Mixen in height by at least a head.

“Did your moma not tell you what happens to little kids in dark alleyways? Ahahah.”

“Hehehe! That’s funny big bro.”

“Hihihhi, good one.”

‘...the f*ck?’

“But don’t worry kid, we’re not into boys… But hey… Why are you hanging out with the Saint?”

“Huh? How do you-?”

‘Damn, so it’s about that?’

“Hihihi, boy, we are servants of the Goddess of Light. And you sully the name of her Apostle with your actions.”

“W-What? We’re… just friends…”

“Hey, you!”

The oldest of three stepped closer.

“Who are you to be friends with a Saint!?”

“H-Huh?”

“Oh, don’t be scared, hehe.”

“Yes, no need… If you stop pestering our Saintess, you leech!”

*Thud*

The thug hit Mixen in the stomach, Mixen let it happen, and even curbed and held his stomach pretending to be in pain.

“Hihihihi, I love this sight… Boy, we will stop if you’ll give us your word!”

‘...Are they a bunch of crazy fans? No, they are too strong to be just that. Then why?’

“...Why…*Gasp* are you doing this?”

‘Villains can’t shut their mouth in front of a suffering victim.’

“Hehehe, we’re doing this world a favour! Don’t you know that a Saint can only be with someone pure? Like a Hero? Hehehe, or at least his companions. And you? You’re a nobody!”

“Ah hahaha, good one youngest… Now, we also need some payment for our good deeds, right bros?”

“Hihihi, yeah! Empty your pockets you… leech!”

“What?”

*Thud*

Again. Not a proper blow.

‘Should I… just kill them? Right, why not, It’ll brighten my mood a little bit too.’

Mixen stretched his hand to take his sword out, when…

‘Are you f*cking serious?! Why now?!’

“O~h? Look at that… What a shiny ring! Mind if I have it? Hehehe.”

The moronic man tried to take Mixen’s ring, but it was as if glued to his finger.

“Hey! Take it off!”

“I-I can’t…”

“What? You… Let’s look into your pockets then!”

“I have nothing else on me…”

“Hahaha, then I’ll just have to take the ring along with the finger! Ma- Youngest, give me a knife!”

“B-Boss? W-We can’t do that…”

“You! Hush!”

‘Hm?’

“What are you looking at!?”

*Thump*

The third bastard tripped Mixen over.

‘It’s dirty… Damn it all… My patience is at its limits.’

“Let’s beat some sense into him, shall we bros?”

“Hihihi, yeah”

*Thud*

Ganging up three on one, they started kicking him with considerable force.

‘...I swear to god I will kill you three… And whoever hired you.’

“Hahaha, *Thud* Ouch, are you wearing armour underneath, you punk?”

“It hurts to hit him, Boss.”

“You meant Big Brother, right?

“Y-Yes!”

“...Just hit him harder!”

‘I’ll break your legs later, so hit me! It doesn’t even tickle!’

“Hehehe, are you crying, kid? Nothing to say?”

‘Just a few more seconds…’

“Hey! What’s going on here?”

“What?! Who!?”

“It’s the sorceress! Run!”

Three thugs were strangely quick, in a swift moment, they split into three directions and were out of the alleyway.

‘Took you long enough!’

“Agness?”

“My Goddess, are you okay?”

‘Right, need to pretend I’m hurt’

“Yeah… They didn’t hit my face, hehe.”

He said that while barely standing and pointing at his face with a smile.

“Mixen… Why… Why are you doing this?”

“Huh? You mean why are they doing it, right? It’s because they saw me hanging out with Naty, she has some serious fans, I tell you.”

‘Did she follow me specifically, or just on her regular strolls?’

“...That’s not what I meant and you know it.”

“Hm?”

“Will you really keep this up? You could’ve beat them!”

“No, I couldn’t.”

“Did you perhaps forget that I know of your secret?”

“No, I didn’t forget anything.”

Because of a trigger word, Mixen lost hold of his act for a moment.

“You… I’m not scared of you anymore. I can look into your eyes.”

Agness was standing still and tall. She thought she beat her fear. Fear of those eyes.

She went through countless life and death experiences but always feared those eyes.

However now, she could into them with no hesitation even when Mixen is serious… or so she thought.

‘Ha~ Good thing Father finally told me how to properly control this power… and that is only thanks to Lara… Who would’ve known that Zyckor family had an Ancestral Power… Though it explains a lot.’

“That’s good. But you’re mistaking about one thing. I really couldn’t beat them. You probably couldn’t tell, but they were at least of a Master's level… And the big guy was most likely a Grandmaster.”

“What? Why would someone like that do this to you?”

Mixen shrugged.

“No idea.”

“...”

An uncomfortable pause was held for an uncomfortable amount of time.

“Say… Do you… Not plan to finally tell everyone about it?”

“No.”

“Why!? I’ve thought about it. You even beat me! Leon taught you himself! Why not join the team?! Why be so childish and keep it a secret!?”

“I have my reasons.”

“Are those reasons more important than saving the world!?”

“Agness… I don’t want to be a part of the team…Someone like me simply can’t be a part of a team.”

“...”

“...I’m weak Agness.”

“That’s a bold lie.”

“It’s not. I staggered soon after our fight.”

“Huh?”

“Both in swordsmanship and magic.”

‘Thank you Goddess for having only one Saint.’

“That… Are you serious?”

“Yeah. I told Lance the same. He wanted me on the team much more than you did.”

“That… How did that happen?”

“Mainly laziness… Otherwise, it’s… some other stuff.”

‘Please bite it, that’s my limit.’

“I see…”

‘Victory!’

“But I have one more question.”

‘Damn.’

“Yeah?”

“Why… not tell Naty? After all, I know of it, and I’m just fine… And Naty is in… dire need of answers.”

“You… You’re not Naty. You won’t question me much, but she… Even with just this, she will start asking more questions… and I can’t lie to her. I have many secrets, some, I can never tell you… especially not Naty.”

“...Does that mean you can lie to me?”

Mixen gave her a meaningful smile.

“Who knows? Anyway, I have an appointment with Naty in a few hours, so I need to waste time somehow… Mind taking a stroll with me?”

“...What?”

“What? You don’t want to?”

“You… Are you hitting on me?”

“...I will ignore that and say that I just want to vent my anger on some bastards.”

“Huh? Wait… How do you know that!?”

“... Let me teach you the wonders of a mask. Catch, I have a spare one.”

“W-Wait! Does that mean everyone else knows!?”

“Timothy and Leon probably, others… Nah, don’t think so.”

“L-Leon knows?”

“Who cares? He’s likely happy to know. You’re down or not?”

“...Will you be alright?”

“...I’m not that weak.”

.

.

‘Almost took out the wrong mask, phew.’

.

.

A few hours later Agness returned to her room at the inn and Mixen went to Naty who naturally was at her mother’s

“Naty, you home?”

“Shh, mother and father went to sleep.”

“Oh, sorry…”

“Let’s go outside.”

“Sure.”

They took a backdoor and were in the backyard.

The moons were in full view tonight. Truly a marvellous sight.

Mixen looked at the sky and smiled.

“I said it would be beautiful, didn’t I?”

“...I never disputed that.”

“So~, want to fly out of the city? I saw an awesome spot while on my way here!”

“...Won’t people find it strange? The moon is shining brightly tonight, we’ll get spotted.”

“Nah, it’s all good. I’ve flown to your house just now, not even one guard noticed me. Come here.”

Mixen stretched his hand out.

Naty took a step in his direction. She wanted it, missed the sensation that only he can give her… But the moment she came too close, Naty smelled a certain stench she smelled before from him… All her warm feelings were washed away.

“...No. Let’s… just talk. I’m not in the mood.”

“Okay? What’s up?”

“...You know what I want.”

“And you know I won’t say i~t.”

“Why?”

She was calm. They did it before, but this time it didn’t seem like an interrogation.

“I explained it before… And why are we talking only about me? Why won’t we talk about you?”

“...Switching the topic? Fine, I’ll bite, ask away.”

“...Uhm…”

‘I kind of already know everything about her…’

“Hm?”

The stare she gave him was hostile, so he needed to think fast.

“What did you do while I was gone?”

“...Nothing.”

“That's not…”

“...It is an answer. Do you even know how I felt, during those 2 years? I was worrying so much, that I couldn’t study, I never had the mood to hang out with my friends… Miss Valeria gave me a bunch of advice she herself followed… It didn’t help much… Only… Only Leon was able to help… at least a little.”

“...I’m sorry.”

“I know you are… though it changes nothing.”

“...Oh don’t be so moody! I’m here now, we can do whatever you like!”

“...We can’t.”

“Why not?”

“...I will eventually leave… And you won’t be leaving with us.”

“Well… That’s true, but we’ll meet again, surely.”

“...You know nothing.”

“That’s not true.”

“Oh, you think you do? Tell me!”

“Uh… Well, you go around various cities… and save people?”

“That’s not even one-tenth of what we do… Of what we need to go through… Do you… not worry about me?”

“Hm? No?... Should I?”

“...Do you know how vile demons truly are? How many times do we get ambushed before we get to the city?”

“I heard about it! Lance would boast about how many he killed!”

‘I killed more, heh.’

“...You… You haven’t changed… Not one bit.”

“Isn’t that good?”

“...Let me rephrase that. You haven’t grown… You’re still a child.”

“Well… I’m still not 18 and fa~r from being 21.”

“How does that matter? You’re 16! You’re an adult already!”

“...”

‘...Right’

“...You said it was dangerous out there… Isn’t the battlefield supposed to make a man out of a boy?... Has your life ever truly been in danger?”

“...Of course it was? Dangerous and all.”

“Have you ever seen someone… die?”

He didn’t expect this question. It was a bit too dark for someone like Naty to ask.

“...I…did.”

Mixen’s eyes became lifeless.

‘I remember… Countless bodies behind my back… All missing their head. The screams of those who saw their comrades fall… Unknowing of what killed them… Their blood splashing on my face… there was so much of it… My boots were full, and I’m not sure how much of it was my own… Worst of all… I remember the light in their eyes… slowly dimming…Until there no life… just a head… How many people lost their precious ones… All because of me? Is that not-’

“Mixen?”

Naty noticed the change, but not the reason behind it… and not the blood coming from his palms.

“Oh. Yeah! I was watching Father while he was fighting. He was like ‘Swish! Boom!’ And bad guys were like ‘Aahh. Spare me, spare me!’ But Father isn’t easy to fool, so he hit them! And then they were like ‘Bweh’. And fell-.”

“You… That whole speech was a lie.”

“...Fine, fine, I didn’t see Father kill anyone. I was too far away. Yes, I’m a boy. Can do nothing about.”

“...But… Didn’t you…”

“Didn’t I what?”

Mixen took a step toward her. And yet again she smelled this awful odour.

“Ugh, forget it. What did I even find in you.”

She furiously walked into the house.

“And Mixen! Take a bath! You stink!”

*Boom*

“...Here go her feelings… Just about time.”

Mixen knew they couldn’t be together, and it was better for her to stop worrying about him… and ask so many questions.

“...This my first time getting dumped because of my smell…*Sniff* I can’t smell anything though?... Childish, she says… If Father likes me like that, I’ll never change! His smile is more precious than how I feel!... Damn it… I shouldn't feel this bad.”

Suddenly, there was rustling in nearby bushes.

“Who!? Hm? Whitey?”

“...Meow?”

“What are doing here?”

“Meow.”

“...Right… Hey, did Melissa ever give you food? I only saw her play with you.”

“Meow?”

“Oh, you might be lucky, a moment… I think I had it… Yes! Canned cat food! Newly-made product mind you.”

“Meow!”

“Yes, yes it’s for you, here.”

“...Meow?”

“Don’t just look at it. It’s not poisoned.”

Though reluctantly Whitey took a bite.

“Meow!”

After the first bite, he started eating it very greedily.

“Haha, don’t choke on it.”

Mixen came closer and started petting him.

“Whitey… You’re lucky to have a unisex name, they thought you were a boy. But I can tell, you’re not.”

“...Meow.”

“...I’m not a pervert. You’re a cat… Aren’t you a bit too smart? Well, you’re not a normal cat after all. Have you finished eating? Good girl, come here. I know a~ll the weak spots of a cat.”

Mixen sat on the ground and waved at Whitey. She tilted her head but still came.

Soon she was purring and lying on his knees.

“Ah, this feels good…Always was like this… Yeah…”

Mixen looked at Whitey on his knees… And saw another image overlapping with his sight.

“I… I used to have a cat… How could I forget… How could I forget about you…”

Mixen’s tone shifted, and his eyes started tearing up.

“Meow?”

“You were there… When I was at my lowest… When I wouldn’t ask anyone for help… You calmed me down… Took away my stress… Until I managed to cope on my own…”

Tears we dropping on Whitey’s fur.

“Meow?”

“Hehe, right.” Mixen wiped his tears. “I know, you’re not her, Whitey. She died long ago…”

“...Meow.”

“...But it sucks… I don’t want to forget anymore.”

Mixen looked up at the moon… the blue moon.

“...Should I? No. It won’t work well… And… I have you, don’t I?”

“Meow?”

Mixen took the cat into his arms.

“Do you mind coming with me?”

“...Meow?”

“Oh, don’t be like that. Wait here, I have something to give you.”

Mixen placed Whitey in mid-air and she started floating.

“Meow? Meow!”

She started freaking out.

“Don’t wobble so much, you’ll puke… Found it! A pair of Lovers stones!... Fortunately, not many people know of them… Anyway, this stone can protect you well. And I will be able to find you anywhere. So you can go on a walk whenever you like… Now how do I put it into a collar…”

By now, Whitey felt quite comfortable in the air, treading the air as if in water.

“So what? Mind coming with me? Although we might need to travel a lot… But I swear to protect you…”

“Meow!”

Whitey strongly meowed and nodded.

“Haha, you’re too smart… Great! I would give you a new name… But I can’t remember… So let’s go make you a proper collar, Whitey!”

“Meow.”

“I’ll take that as a yes!”

Mixen took Whitey and flew off… Whitey was not used to such speed...

.

.

.

Hey.

.

.

.

Hey!

“Hm? You’re talking to me?”

Yes.

“Wow, you never approached me first.”

.

.

I need you help.

“...My help?”

.

.

…Advice.

“O~h. So you came to Mixen the Psychologist. I see I see. Okay, don’t stand there, sit down.”

Sure.

.

Why is there a chair here?

“Isn’t it cool? Found out I can create things here now!… Though two chairs are my limit… I want to build a cabin here, you mind?”

No? I don’t care.

“Good! So, what seems to be the problem… Patient? Kekeke.”

.

.

I keep forgetting things.

“Hm? Why are you pointing at the moon?”

.

.

Are you serious?

“Yes? Hey, don’t give me that look! I can do my job, okay? Hmm… Explain in more detail. What do you mean by ‘keep forgetting things’?”

.

.

Things, people, events… They gradually disappear from my mind.

“I see… Have you tried like… Asking people about things you forgot? So that they remind you.”

.

.

I am the only one who knows of it in this world.

Nobody can simply remind me.

“...That’s… a problem… Isn’t there anything that can remind you, if not people? Like things or different places?”

.

.

There… are.

But those are few, and if I don’t always have them with me… I’ll eventually forget.

“...Then I don’t think there is a way to bring back those memories-.”

You’re useless.

“Hey! Don’t Interrupt me, I’m not finished! I have some useful advice!”

.

.

What is it?

“...Not before you say sorry.”

Sorry? Now say it.

“...You need to start a diary.”

.

.

A diary?

“Yes. Put the things you want to remember in there before you forget. And if you remember something new… Open it up and put that in it.”

.

.

That's…

.

Actually useful.

“See! I’m good at it!”

.

.

.

Now I’m off.

“Wait, you can enter and leave whenever you like?”

.

.

Always could.

It’s you who always enters uninvited.

“Ha!”

.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

Okay don’t take this part too seriously, it’s just something I wanted to write.

-Whitey’s PoV-

I can’t believe they tossed me away, just like that.

I’ll remember you!

…There is a good girl in there… A Saint!

She won’t abandon me, right?

Oh! Here she is!

Who’s that?

I didn’t see him before.

…He looks far worse than others.

Hm?

It seems that the Saint is angry at the boy…

She left… How do I approach her now?

Oh, is he talking to himself now?

What is he saying?

Let me go closer.

“Who!? Hm? Whitey?”

“...You know my name?”

“What are doing here?”

“Looking for the girl that just left.”

“...Right… Hey, did Melissa ever give you food? I only saw her play with you.”

“She didn’t, but how do you know?”

“Oh, you might be lucky, a moment… I think I had it… Yes! Canned cat food! Newly-made product mind you.”

“It appeared out of nothing!”

“Yes, yes it’s for you, here.”

“...Can I really eat it?”

“Don’t just look at it. It’s not poisoned.”

Well, I’ll try, first time doing this.

“Wow, this is delicious!”

My god, who could have known it would be so tasty!

“Haha, don’t choke on it.”

Oh, when did he come here? Don’t interrupt my meal.

“Whitey… You’re lucky to have a unisex name, they thought you were a boy. But I can tell, you’re not.”

“...I didn’t like being called a boy… But you’re a pervert...”

“...I’m not a pervert. You’re a cat… Aren’t you a bit too smart? Well, you’re not a normal cat after all. Have you finished eating? Good girl, come here. I know a~ll the weak spots of a cat.”

Does he want to pet me? Well, I’ve been through this. Just need to sit there and wait…

Hey! Where are you touching! O~h, this feels good… Too good…

Am I purring? I didn’t know I can… This feels good… So comfy…

“Ah, this feels good…Always was like this… Yeah…”

Being a cat is bliss…

“I… I used to have a cat… How could I forget… How could I forget about you…”

What is he saying? Is he crying?

“You okay, human?”

“You were there… When I was at my lowest… When I wouldn’t ask anyone for help… You calmed me down… Took away my stress… Until I managed to cope on my own…”

I… don’t understand… is he talking about me? No… 

“Who are you talking about?”

“Hehe, right… I know, you’re not her, Whitey. She died long ago…”

“...sorry for your loss.”

“...But it sucks… I don’t want to forget anymore.”

How could you forget about someone important to you?

The moons are shiny tonight.

“...Should I? No. It won’t work well… And… I have you, don’t I?”

“What are you talking about?”

Hey! I don’t like being held!

“Do you mind coming with me?”

“...Sorry?”

“Oh, don’t be like that. Wait here, I have something to give you.”

I don’t really want to… I want to follow the Hero, you see… It would be so interesting…

Wait, he isn’t holding me! I’m flying!

“How am I flying? Human, help, I’m going to fall!”

This is so weird! What is happening? Okay, calm down… This feels a bit like swimming…

Just need to… keep my… balance! Nyaaa!

“Don’t wobble so much, you’ll puke… Found it! A pair of Lovers stones!... Fortunately, not many people know of them… Anyway, this stone can protect you well. And I will be able to find you anywhere. So you can go on a walk whenever you like… Now how do I put it into a collar…”

…Lovers? You’re definitely a pervert… And there is no way I’m wearing a collar!

“So what? Mind coming with me? Although we might need to travel a lot… But I swear to protect you…”

He doesn’t seem like an ordinary human…

“Fine, I’ll give it a go!”

If things go south, I’ll just escape… I can’t do that, can I?

I’ll figure something out…

“Haha, you’re too smart… Great! I would give you a new name… But I can’t remember… So let’s go make you a proper collar, Whitey!”

“I won’t wear it.”

“I’ll take that as a yes!”

Again with this. Pets are allowed, but no holding!

Hm? Is he going to fly?

Nyaaaa!!! What is this speed!!! I’m going to puke!!

Nyaabhue.

“Oh, sorry Whitey, the speed was too much? I’ll slow down.”

I need to escapeeee!

“Nyaaaa!”

2