Chapter 5: Crocodile, crocodile, and more crocodiles
1.5k 35 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I feel so unlucky today...

I bought pizza...droped to ground...

*Urrgh*

When I open my eyes to find out where I am, images flood my mind of what happened before I passed out. As soon as I remembered, I immediately sat up looking at my right arm and found that it was fine, not even a single scratch was found.

"How? I remember very well that I broke my arm punching that crocodile skin" I muttered in confusion as the wound had completely disappeared.

I immediately sighed and shook my head to get rid of any unnecessary thoughts. I tried to stand up but almost fell down in the middle of the attempt because my head was still a little dizzy. Looking around, I found five crocodile corpses with peeling skin lying on the ground and holes in their heads piercing all the way to their backs, I was astonished to know that my ice attacks could pierce through their skin so easily.

'In the skill description it says that ice magic is very strong, but I didn't expect it to be this strong. Heh, I want to master it more' I thought with a little smile.

I walked slowly towards one of the closest crocodile corpses and started biting it, a moment later, the familiar juicy taste of the flesh almost made me cry, the flesh was so soft in my mouth, even though when I tried to touch it, the flesh barely moved when I squeezed even with all my strength, and when I tried to lift one of his peeling skin, it only rose half an inch and fell again to the ground which made me breathe heavily.

"*huuff* *huuff* why else is this crocodile skin peeling off in the first place?" I asked.

(Author: Heh, scavenger *eating pizza* *nom*)

Ugh, bullies!!

As I calmed down, I decided to focus my eyes on the crocodile in front of me to wait for the system description to appear...

[Lake Crocodile]

[A common species commonly seen around the lake. Their skin which is quite tough is usually used as low-level shields, and they live in groups with the leader being the strongest while managing their respective divisions of work so that they don't fight each other, the lake crocodile skin also begins to peel a few hours later after its death]

ooh! this adds up again, but still nothing of interest to me. After finishing reading the new description I still didn't understand why it was peeling off in the first place, I decided to take a look at the difference in my stats after killing these crocodiles.

"Status"

[Name: None]

[Race: Lesser Spirit (ice)]

[Age: 1 day]

[Gender: Female]

[Status: Calm]

[Level: 1/10]

[HP: 22/22 MP: 27/27 SP: 17/17]

[Strength:6]

[Defense: 11]

[Magic: 16]

[Speed: 8]

[Luck: 10]

[Charisma: 20]

[Skill: [Devour] [Spirit Wings] [Ice Magic] [Steel Skin (1/10)] [Strong Jaw (1/10] [Mana Manipulation (5/10])

Title: [Title: Blessed by the Creation Goddess Baritea, Astrea]

...

Hmm? now skills are graded hmm, maybe I should use them a lot to get at least one level? Forget it, let's take a look at the description of this new skill...

[Mana Manipulation]

[This skill makes it easier for the user to manipulate mana from within the user's body when making magic, and makes magic more efficient and faster to cast, not only that, mana manipulation also cuts the cost of using a magic by five percent at each level]

oh, this is pretty useful, but forget about it, I have to start exploring this place again to find more prey and level up...

And with that in mind, I continued my journey towards the passage where I thought the four deceased had passed.

While walking, I didn't just sit around like a fool and experiment with my new skill, and upon activating it, I could feel something inside me flowing through my body like water in a calm lake, trying to understand it more deeply, I immediately concluded that it is my 'mana'.

I tried to test if my hypothesis was correct by activating [Ice Magic], and a second later, a warm feeling began to flow towards my hand and small ice cubes appeared on my palm which I tried to shape into a point like the one I threw at the crocodiles earlier, and sure enough, it started to change shape as i wanted, i then aimed the pointed ice towards the boulder at the edge of the cave passage, and shot it.

*rumble*

It went straight through the rock without resistance, but it didn't even stop the momentum of the ice attack, because as soon as it punched a hole in the rock, it continued to shoot towards the cave passage and punched a hole in it.

"Eh?" I stood still on the spot dumbfounded by the level of damage from what I thought was a simple attack.

[Ice Magic has leveled up (x2)]

I kept looking at the hole formed in the cave passage and decided to see what was behind the passage. After I reached the hole, I immediately peeked through the small hole to see what was behind it, but I immediately regretted it, for a moment I thought that it was better for me never to see what was behind it.

What I saw was, a very wide lake with a small island in the middle, the lake itself was very beautiful, if you ignore the hundreds or even thousands of crocodiles with various shapes around it, I tried to calm myself and pay closer attention to gather any information about the place. this.

From what I noticed was, the closer to the island, the more unique the shapes of the crocodiles that I could see, some were shaped like an alligator, but more than five meters long and about two meters high, there was one that looked like an alligator again but this time it is thinner and has flippers between its fingers, then there is one that is shaped like a crocodile in general but with more than 5 times the body, it's a terrible sight, but that's not what scares me, what scares me is the super large crocodile that has more than ten meters wide that was sleeping in the middle of the small island.

The starting object opened its eyes and cast its gaze across the lake, as if losing interest, it slightly lifted its head and looked towards the outskirts of the cave that became a kind of fortress for the lake in the middle before stopping just as it looked at the small hole I had made, then smirked.

I instantly felt an invisible pressure weighing down on me as the monster's eyes looked right at me, cold sweat starting to form all over my body as it grinned.

The thing lowered its head slightly and faced the crocodiles around the lake, the crocodiles immediately became tense and directly faced the middle of the small island, the monster kind of gave an order that didn't even open its mouth, but it seemed that all the crocodiles heard it, because it was more than twenty crocodiles and one bigger one in front of they who was sort of the leader of the group ran straight at me.

[Lake Crocodile (20)]

[Giant Lake Crocodile]

I didn't waste any more time and immediately fled away from the crowd chasing me like a fanboy.

"You cuckold!" I shouted.

But it seems the crowd was offended by my words, because as soon after that it started to quicken its pace...

next chapter will be more fight~

59