Chapter 7: What my fault?!
1.4k 20 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After eating all the corpses of the common crocodiles, I left the corpse of [Giant Crocodile] intact because my jaw hurts every time I try to bite it!

"Should I force myself to tear the skin off? I'm quite curious because maybe an evolved monster corpse could give me more skills." I said while thinking hard whether to give it a try.

After thinking for three seconds, I decided to give it a try as I thought it would be a waste to pass up the opportunity to acquire a new skill.

I immediately closed my eyes and concentrated on using [Ice Magic] to form something that could cut through the crocodile's scales which were even tougher than steel, and it didn't take long before I started to feel my mana being drained quite a bit which surprised me a bit, opening one eye to take a peek the ice in my right hand, I saw that it was starting to change shape into a very beautiful double-sided ice sword.

The sword is half my size and has a slender blade with a very sharp tip but still looks sturdy, on the handle there are carvings that flow down to the blade which makes the sword look like a very beautiful masterpiece.

“...Wow” I was at a loss for words for a moment before shaking my head to return my focus to the beautiful sword in my hand, I tried swinging it a few times and immediately felt its weight fit perfectly in my hand. I've only tried the sword a few times in my previous life, although the old people at the training center said I had a talent for the sword, I rarely used it because my real favorite weapon was the spear.

I immediately approached the only corpse left in this passage, and immediately swung my sword to slash a small portion of the skin on it feet because I was even smaller than the claws of this three meter tall and over seven meter long monster in front of me. The slash instantly sliced ​​through the skin without the resistance I expected, I mean, with the mana contained in the sword making process, this was the most mana usage out of my previous attacks that could easily pierce the skin of an ordinary crocodile, and in addition [Mana Manipulation] had already leveled up twice, if it weren't for [Manipulation Mana] and my increased stats, I would definitely faint from running out of mana.

Without waiting any longer, I started to carve a bit of visible flesh and stuffed it in my mouth, it was a bit tough and veiny unlike the crocodile meat I usually eat, and not long after, I felt something sticking to me...

[Gained the following skills]

[Water Control]

Oohh, this is my new skill! Let's check...

[Water Control]

[The most basic form of magic skill. Unlike magic that can generate related elements by using mana, you only gain the ability to manipulate water up to 5 meters around you with mana]

Eh...if there was a more basic form of skill, why did I immediately acquire [Ice Magic] without obtaining [Ice Control] first? Ah, could it be because my soul's level of attraction to the ice element was excessive that I immediately acquired a more advanced skill! This is just a hypothesis but I guess it's true.

'Hm' I immediately looked up because I felt someone watching me and saw that the eyes of the crocodile corpse in front of me opened and gave off a faint blue-black light, and for some reason, the same goosebumps when I looked at the crocodile leader returned to me, I instantly realized that it was likely the crocodile leader was monitoring me using the crocodile corpse in front of me, shortly after, the faint light disappeared as if it never existed and the crocodile corpse's eyes closed again.

For some reason after that, my instincts told me to run as fast as I could which I immediately followed, and it seems I was right because shortly after I left, the ground started shaking and there was a lot of sound like a building collapsing towards where I was before, slightly peeking behind my body, I instinctively started to tremble at the sight I saw.

There was a huge hole about fifteen meters high through the many cave passages to get to the passage I was in, and a lot of water pooled out of nowhere to form a rather large pool of sorts.

I slightly turned my head to see where the attack was coming from, and after seeing where it came from, I immediately hyperventilated, there, more than five hundred meters away, I could see the boss of the crocodiles opening its mouth and in front of it was a crater that dug into the ground with a depth of about one meter towards the hallway where I was.

'that's five hundred meters damn it!' I scream in my mind.

After closing its mouth, it immediately looked around at the crocodile that had stopped moving as if it was afraid of offending the boss somehow, and just like last time, it didn't make a sound and just pointed at me with its reptile muzzle.

After that, the crocodiles nodded and fixed their gazes on me, and after that it could only be described as a crocodile apocalypse as hundreds if not thousands of crocodiles of various sizes started running towards me.

"What did I do wrong that I had to go through all this?!" I shouted with teary eyes and a few tears running down my cheeks.

I quickly ran away from the maddened crowd behind me...

[Gained the following skill]

[Danger Sense]

[Danger Sense has leveled up (x2)]

If you find a mistake, tell me, I ordering you!

53