Chapter 4 – The Mens Talk before Ambush
593 6 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"When I touched her *** she would *** then do *** to me," my captain, from the Scout unit, invited his members to join in on the naughty chatter.

"Wow you can make her do that? Usually I only get *** from womens," complained a vampire

"Again! Tell me more!" Kyle, who I thought was innocent, looked a little excited.

"So you guys only do it with fellow vampires?" he asked again.

"Intercouse with humans is too risky. We could lose control and drink their blood. That's hard," the captain shook his head.

"What? That's too bad, the women in my village like to talk about you guys, they hope to have a romantic encounter with the vampires," Kyle responded. He was one of the human knights who were considered to have good skills. So that he could serve with the vampires.

I walked a bit behind, hoping I wouldn't have to join their chat. I pretended to be busy doing something else. Why were men so comfortable discussing their bed activities? Gosh! That's disgusting.

"But sir Julian may have done it with humans,"

"Right, he's very popular. 'The Lady killer' of the logistics unit. How did you get the human donors to flock in and ask you to drain their blood?"

"Huh? Even though I'm popular doesn't mean I sleep with humans, they're just curious because I was the only male harvester in the logistics unit at that time," I argued softly with a flushed face.

"Makes sense,"

"But the female vampire knights also like to talk about you, are you sure you've never touched any of them?"

"You're small and not very manly though," one of the vampires commented.

"He just has a handsome face," added another.

"Hey! Sir Julian is also very strong, he's the best hunter in the logistics unit," Kyle defended me.

"All vampires are strong, moreover he's a Dubois, you must be pure blood right?"

"Well, but I've never heard of your name. Julian Dubois, are you perhaps their illegitimate child?"

"What? no, I— I'm one of his nephews, I represent his family," I lied, which was a pretty reasonable explanation. Usually no one asked any further.

"Then tell me about Lady Juliette,"

"Uh, who?" I gasped. It was strange to hear that name because no one had called me that for years.

"Lady Juliette, nicknamed the Angel of Lapella,"

"He has silver hair like you."

"They said She was very beautiful," said another.

"Don't expect too much, Capt, the high-class lady seems to have been engaged to someone," a knight rebuked.

"I heard she hasn't been engaged to anyone,"

"Still, she's a pure-blood vampire and the daughter of a Duke. People like us wouldn't even be allowed to see her courtyard," another knight added seriously.

On second thought, father had really gone overboard. I was brought up as an honorable lady all along. Even though I received martial arts training I still shouldn't be here.

"She is a graceful lady and always talks with her head down,"

"They said when she talks she looks like she's reading poetry,"

OK, who did these knights hear about me from? That was too much. How would they react if they found out that I was sleeping in the men's barracks, stained my hands with blood almost every day and could only shower once every two days.

"Well, maybe she's just that charming," I nod, it's nice to hear a positive story about me.

"But, I've met the person," a knight chimed in.

"What? When?"

"Before the war of course, in the city. I don't want to disappoint you guys but—she had a flat chest," he whispered softly which was immediately met with disappointed groans from the other knights.

I hit his head hard with my fist.

"That is not true!" I shouted annoyed with a red face.

"Ouch! Sir Julian, remember that you are a pureblood. My skull could burst," the knight complained while rubbing his head with watery eyes.

The Scout knights seemed too relaxed. They were not like logistics troops who must always be ready and responsible for providing food, bedding and change of clothes.

After a few weeks of harvesting, I was finally able to convince commander Charles to transfer me to the Scout army. Scouts like us, there aren't many. Kyle and I joined the Raven Team of less than eight people.

Our duty was to check the assigned area and provide reports. Like now, we had to go to a human village and question them. Maybe one day we need some extra knights and we will assess their readiness. We also asked about the Rasputins. Were any of them terrorizing there?

Being Florence's allies didn't mean they received security for nothing. We were in a war situation. They must be willing to give up their son to join as well as provide a donor.

The information we collect will be passed on to our commanders. Later they would judge whether or not to send troops. We just supply information, not decision makers.

We usually moved in the late afternoon. Because the vampire Rasputin will be stronger in those days. They had taken control of many human villages. The Rasputins treat humans like livestock. They weren't like Florence's vampires who drank human blood through vessels. They drink human blood directly by sticking their fangs into their skin — creating many new vampires in a less responsible way.

Many of the new vampires decided to commit suicide because they refused to drink blood. Becoming a vampire requires careful consideration. They would not only gain physical strength but also the consequences of becoming a blood-drinking monster. Vampires look like humans but we had to eat human blood like cannibals.

While the purebloods of Rasputin, could also use their bites to create slaves. Purebloods can determine the future of their victims. A bite in the neck means turning them into vampires. Bite in the veins of their wrists, meaning they will rule over their souls. The pure Bloods able to turn any human into a slave and obey whatever the Vampire orders.

The Florence faction decided not to try to liberate the village that Rasputin had seized. They chose to defend the villages and towns that still existed. While gathering the best forces and fighters across the land.

When we arrived at the human village we were headed for—a strange atmosphere hit me. It was almost night and they had not lit the torches in front of their house. The day was quite cloudy so it was dark there.

"Something's not right, Capt."

"There's no torch,"

"Is there a Shadow around here?" whispered a knight. He felt horrified.

"We just have to confirm it before heading back to base immediately..did you detect the knights guarding this village?”

"No, they should be here,"

"Put on your war helmets. Be prepared, we might—" Before the captain finished speaking and put on his helmet, a claw from a long sleeve slashed at him. He was a vampire and could dodge. But his hand was partly severed. Blood was pouring out of him.

"Captain!" A knight shouted.

One of them swiftly grabbed the captain's body and carried him away.

"Shadows!"

I'm not seeing it for the first time. Shadow was a monster created by the terrible Rasputin faction. A hybrid vampire who consumes blood regardless of gender. He was the true embodiment of true terror. The rasputins let them roam in human settlements.

If we go back to base to report this, we won't have time. After all, if we ran, he would definitely catch up. There was no other way but to kill him.

"Listen everyone! Follow my lead! Avoid the trees and scatter now!" I made myself captain. Someone had to be the leader. A team that lost its head would be confused.

Even though I was a novice knight, in my previous life I had faced Shadows.

.

20