Chapter 15 – Her First Training
363 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I can't believe we will separate, sir Julian," Kyle looked at me sadly as I had to head off to the Taverin first.

I finally got permission from my commanders, they're willing to let me join with sir Romeo and the other elite troops. They said it was because of my considerable role in the discovery of Rasputin's laboratory a few weeks ago. But I know that the real reason was because Romeo asked them.

He insisted that me possessing the cursed sword Apollon was a secret. But I was sure he already told General Bartolomeo. He was also one of the cursed weapons wielders. That was the main reason why I was able to join the elite jaguar team.

Maybe it would be easier if I moved to a ground troop unit led by general Bartolomeo. But General Maxwell would not allow it. He said I was an asset to the scout unit. So my current status was only a temporary transfer knight. I also still had to obey General Maxwell more than other generals.

This was a little confusing, because in my old life, I only obeyed one commander, Sir Charles.

"Kyle, you have to stay, they need you more," I tell him a little pityingly. It was like being separated from my own brother. I remember Jasper. He was also so reluctant to let me go to war that he opposed my father. But as usual no one could go against father's decision.

"I moved to the Scout unit because you took me there," he laments.

"Just until the war at the Taverin is over, we'll meet there too Kyle," I shook my head.

"But they're all men!" He whispered loudly.

"It's always been like that anyway," I whispered to him a little.

"Still, I can't be relieved—what if you're hungry?"

"You promised to keep it a secret, Kyle," I remind him a little threateningly.

"I know, but—" Kyle was still reluctant. I heard he had a younger sister. Kyle had been a bit protective of me ever since he found out I was a girl. I couldn't blame him. But an attitude like that could weaken my resolve in this war.

"When we meet again, promise me you'll be stronger than this, Kyle!" I parted from him with a determined look— so that he wouldn't have to worry about me.

I once again looked back, there was a sense of relief to see Kyle rejoining his squad. Maybe I unknowingly made him too dependent on me since we know each other. I really hope Kyle will be Florence's best archer in the future. Kyle probably wouldn't be able to get any stronger if he stayed with me.

Kyle was no longer part of the scout unit. Now he has joined the archery unit.

I have to be more careful. Knowing the future didn't mean I could fix everything.

"Is everything ready, Julian?" Romeo greeted me when I had just arrived at the gate where he and his army were waiting for me.

Florence's troops would not depart for the Taverin at the same time. We arranged it so that the convoy was not too crowded and made it easier for the enemy to attack suddenly. There were several battalions. The number was probably around ten thousand. But we split up, taking different routes before we finally arrived at the Taverin—the state in dispute.

Romeo, leads the Jaguar Team elite knights. Each owner of the cursed weapon had an army of their own choice. The name Jaguar sounded cheesy to me. Maybe those who chose the name were too lazy to think of a cooler name.

"Shall we go without horses?" I asked doubtfully.

I saw Romeo's subordinates had already left with their backpacks.

"Do you have a problem with that?"

"Taverin state is quite far from here, sir," I confirmed my doubts.

"Horses, only for humans," Romeo responded.

"But—"

"Vampires like us, able to run fast..walking also makes it easier for us to hide," Romeo responded, he had started walking and I followed behind him.

"Why do we have to hide?"

"We are among the main targets of the Rasputins, sir Julian. You are strong enough to kill two pure-blood Rasputins..I guess you don't need my protection do you?"

"N—no sir, I think I'll be fine,"

Romeo was silent for a moment as if considering something.

"Perhaps I should also tell you, the enemy that was after me and my troops—not ordinary purebloods. They are as strong as me and the members of this team. We're used to killing shadows that aren't chained. But you will face stronger enemies than them, even me, Julian."

"But I'm still a rookie," I couldn't pretend to be brave for this.

"You have Apollon, meaning that even if you're still the weakest among us, at least you're stronger than a normal pureblood. I don't have extra time to train you, so you should come with me right away," Romeo reiterated.

"Fine, sir," I nodded.

Romeo then looked at me. His gaze was intense. I was restless and awkward about it. I also didn't know what to talk to him about. Because from the start he only discussed matters related to the military.

"Is there something wrong, sir?" I asked.

He then took my arm and squeezed it with a furrowed brow. He then turned to touch my jaw with his big palm as if he was checking his prey.

"Hey!" I protested.

But he didn't care. He even grabbed my shoulders as well as my waist. When he turned to touch my chest I immediately dodged. This was too embarrassing. What did he do??

But I was quite proud of being able to put on a flat expression like it was nothing. My heart was pounding though.

"What are you doing, sir?" I brushed his hand away in anger.

"As a man you are too skinny. Where are your muscles?" He nagged me.

"Sir, every person's physique is different. I know many men are like me, I just had a slow growth, sir," I defended myself.

"I've been feeling low for a dozen years because I wasn't tall and manly enough. Now you want to bring it up? Is bullying fun?" Okay, did I sound too whiny?

"You're just too lazy to train your physique, sir Julian! Now that I'm going to teach you, you'll have to prepare yourself for harsh training. Can you do it?" He challenged me.

"I'll try, sir!"

"Trying isn't enough, sir Julian. You've got to do something to your muscles. You look like a girl!" He still nagging. I was worried, should I cut my hair short? Maybe I was not convincing as a man.

"You talk as if you've ever held a woman," I mumbled, turning my head away.

I guessed he would be angry or a little annoyed by it. But his reaction was unexpected. He looked agitated and showed a slightly sour face. Was he shy? I couldn't jump to conclusions right away. So has he ever touched a woman? Or never at all?

"Women will only distract and weaken us," he said seriously, averting his eyes.

From her reaction, I concluded that he was still pure. I smirked at him.

"Sir Romeo. Are you sure you're not interested in dating someone?" I teased.

"There's no need to be rushed about that, sir Julian. And you have no right to criticize me. You're the same as me," he belittled me.

"Eh? Didn't you ever hear who was called 'Lady Killer' from the logistics unit back then? That's me sir!" I didn't think that I could feel proud of that nickname.

"Impossible," he sneered.

"I'll teach you, sir. I know how to get girls to like you," I continued my joke.

Romeo didn't answer right away, he hesitated for a moment, then he looked at me again curiously.

"How?" he asked seriously. It was an unexpected reaction.

I once again looked at him. Handsome face above the average vampire, perfect dashing body, brilliant career and comes from a prominent noble family. It was not fair that in this world there were people as perfect as him. Why did I bother giving him advice about women?

"No, you don't need my advice, sir. You just need to stand and smile," I concluded.

He then hit my head.

"Don't bother giving advice if you don't really understand," said Romeo irritably before he disappeared without saying goodbye to me.

I winced while massaging my aching head.

"Sir Romeo! Hey!" I called him.

Was he angry and left me? But I didn't know the way!

"Sir Romeo!" I'm still looking for him, but it didn't take long for him to appear in front of me again while carrying a large backpack on his back.

"Don't shout my name like that, do you want the enemies to know where we are? I'm just preparing the property for your physical training," he said.

"Eh? Shall we start training? Now? Shouldn't we hurry to the Taverin?"

He dropped his backpack in front of me.

"Take that bag on your back all the way to the Taverin," he ordered.

I tried to pick it up and put it on. Man, this bag was even heavier than Kyle's. Romeo forced me to carry a large bag full of mountain rocks on my back. Though the Tavern was still far from here.

"All right, sir," I said weakly.

12