Chapter 29 – The Urge to Kill (2)
239 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The female stabbed the tip of her spear into the body of her Vampire comrade—who had just been killed by Jasper.

A greenish light covered him and the huge body moved. Jasper flinched when he saw it. He glanced at his heart that was already far apart from his body. How could he be alive? But it really happened. He used his hands to support his large body.

Then the burly Undead vampire stood with a slight bow. But there was something different about him. His eyes were completely black. He growled. Even though he came back to life, Jasper knew it wasn't normal. He seemed possessed by something.

"Igor! Attack him! Chew his head!" The woman ruled as if the zombie vampire was a dog.

He obediently jumped at Jasper.

Just then, Theodore and the other knights were busy with their own business again. They fought the Rasputin Vampires and wanted to release the villagers from their captivity.

Jasper was left alone to face the petite woman with the sweet face. She looked like she was still in her teens. But the look in her eyes showed otherwise. She was evil. Full of anger and sees Jasper as a pest that must be eliminated.

Jasper was able to dodge easily. He grabbed the undead by the neck. This time he broke his shoulder and pulled out his head. Jasper did it as easy as removing the doll's head. He then threw it on the ground.

The future duke smirked. He'd been holding it in for too long. Because his parents often told to hide it. But Jasper wanted to unleash his power more freely. He usually rampaging in his private room or in the dungeon that was built especially for him.

He was now mature and wise enough to control his curse.

"Oh, you forgot he's a zombie," she said smugly.

Jasper saw Igor's corpse still moving and caught his leg. Igor gripped it tightly while growling trying to crush it.

"Aarrghh!!" Jasper quickly withdrew his leg which was bleeding scratched by Igor's fingernail. It turned out that the undead was stronger than he thought.

"He's a zombie who doesn't feel pain, he's a dozen times stronger than when he was alive. And I'm not done yet," the woman ran as if flying with a spear drawn at him. At first glance Jasper could have sworn she had turned into an arrow.

Grab!

But Jasper could see it. He quickly caught the girl's robe and grabbed her shoulders.

"Kyaaa!!! You hurt me!" The woman whimpered, her face looking terrified like a rabbit about to be devoured by a fox.

"Oh, sorry," Jasper reflexively let go.

Scratch!!!

The sharp spear pierced Jasper's ear. If only his instincts weren't working—he must have been badly injured. The spear had a distinctly dangerous aura.

"You let your guard down! This is war, you idiot!" She laughed.

"I acknowledge your strength, sir Jasper. I'll tell you my name, so you can remember it in your grave. I am Amelia Grigory, 4th Commander of the Rasputin army! Now kneel to me, Jasper!" Amelia ordered.

"What? Why should I—"

Bruck!

Jasper's body automatically knelt down. He bowed his head before Amelia.

"Fufufu... Can't be so arrogant anymore, right? Jasper who? I didn't know there was a commander level person named Jasper in Florence. You're very strong, but it's meaningless if Osiris' spear has already cut your skin..now you are my slave. Sometimes it's nice to have a slave that hasn't died yet." Amelia looked relaxed.

Jasper couldn't move. Sweat dripped from his temples. His soul rebelled. He wanted to fight back but could only clench his fists tightly.

"Y-you—"

"Gosh, can you still talk? Awesome..hey, your skills will go to waste if you're in Florence. How about you join us? I know the type of vampire like you. I've met a few in Rasputin. There you can drink as much blood as you want," Amelia said sweetly.

She then came closer and caressed his face.

"You're also too handsome to be wasted in Florence. Maybe if we match, you can become my blood partner," Amelia said again.

"Gosh! That was embarrassing! Eek! Forget what I said earlier!" Amelia instantly showed an embarrassed expression like a teenage girl in love.

Jasper looked at her confused. Maybe Amelia has mental problems, personality dualities or some other psychological disorder. She was a psychopath and Jasper wished he didn't have to stay around her for long.

Jasper bit his tongue. Fresh blood mixed with saliva dripped from between his fangs and wet his chin. Amelia notices it and moves back.

Jasper slowly moved his finger, then he shouted to shake off the influence of Osiris' spear magic. Amelia was silent, she was no longer smiling. Her eyes focused on Jasper with a vengeful expression.

One must have enough demonic DNA in his body to be able to break the power of his cursed weapon.

"Forget about my offer, I'll kill you right here," Amelia was serious now. She sensed that Jasper would become a dangerous threat in the future. She took off her robe. Now she was showing a petite girl's body in a cotton suit that quite exposed the skin. She was now easier to move.

Amelia spun her Osiris spear. She attacks while running. It plunged and hit it in the direction where he saw Jasper or just his shadow. But the young man was too fast for her eyes. He shouted to gather his spirits. Amelia was a trained fighter. She had already fought many strong enemies. She even trained with Rasputin's strongest men.

Hence when Jasper swung his claws at her. She used her Vampire instincts and speed to dodge. She jumped high towards the back as if she was a skilled circus performer. But she couldn't be as agile as usual. Her shoulder was badly injured. Her Vampire powers couldn't heal it right away.

Jasper was still healthy and now his form was getting less and less human. Adrenaline took over. His eyes were almost completely black and the bluish veins were becoming increasingly visible on his forehead and neck.

"Transformation? I'll stop that before you can!" Amelia jumps nimbly at him. But Jasper was faster than her. He held her hand and forced her to drop her spear.

Amelia trembled while looking at Jasper.

"Sorry... I didn't want to do this... That spear... Made me evil," Amelia cried. Jasper gasped. Was she trying to manipulate him again? Jasper wouldn't be devoured by it. He regained his composure and his physique gradually returned to normal.

"Order them to back off or I'll kill you," said Jasper.

Amelia, who realized that her trick no longer worked, smiled sarcastically.

"Try if you can kill me," she challenged.

"Lady, I've killed countless innocent humans. Do you think it would be difficult to kill a rasputin like you?" Jasper smiled back kindly at her. In fact, he was furious.

"Let me go!"

"If that's the case I won't obey, you must order your troops to leave this village, Amelia!"

"All right! All right!"

"Let's do the oath between knights. You will leave this village with your troops and will not attack us except when we arrive at Taverin." Jasper glared at hef. Instantly Amelia felt goosebumps. She was never afraid or threatened by anyone. Even Rasputin's generals. But Jasper was different. He had a friendly face, but had something sinister behind him. He hasn't even shown his full potential yet.

"Okay I agree," Amelia gave in. She curled her mouth full of anger.

Amelia lost this time. But she would bring her information and experience this time to the Generals of Rasputin. They had to know that a Florence noble named Jasper probably carried the Devil's DNA within him. Rasputin might try to recruit him.

8