Chapter 37 – Unexpected Date
410 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, sorry for inform this. You may be uncomfortable reading this chapter. Yes, i changed the MC name and others too. I publish this story' in webnovel and some Vampire novel use the similar name as mine. It may become a problem in the future. After long consideration i decided to change it. I hope you're still supporting me. The plot is not change. Only the names. Oh yeah you can read advanced chapters in webnovel. 

Juliet Dubois ------> Valerie Dubois

Julian Dubois ------> Valor Dubois

Romeo D'Artagnan ------> Raphael Chastain

Florence -----> Florentia

Rasputin -------> Avalon

"Why did Valor leave the Barracks?" Raphael looks emotional. He had just arrived back at Taverin with a win over Ithadurna. By taking advantage of the shortage of military personnel guarding the state capital—he had succeeded in forcing the sovereign duke to surrender. As was Florentia's custom—they didn't take many lives and imprison many people.

Florentia always puts the discussion first. Violence was a last resort. In that way the controlled party will be more sympathetic and willing to submit to Florentia's rules without significant conflict. Dukes generally act on the basis of their territory's interests.

Raphael came to Ithadurna and took control of their castle. But after that he made a deal with the duke. Ithadurna was an arid region and did not receive much attention from Avalon. Florentia promised to build factories and new settlements there to revive their economy.

Raphael returns to the Taverin because of his promise to Valerie to train her to use a cursed weapon. But he didn't find the girl.

"Jasper Dubois picked her up, he brought a warrant from Duke Dubois..the young man was intelligent, he knew that Valerie was not yet officially registered as a knight of Florentia. I can't hold them back," General Maxwell shook his head.

"You know that Valor is the wielder of a cursed weapon, she killed a General Avalon even though she's still a rookie..a big loss if she leaves the military," Raphael responded furiously. He had just arrived and stripped off his armor. Raphael showed a body with masculine curves that had scratches in several places.

He was a vampire, so his wounds heal quickly. But Raphael has a new scar on his back. The burn marks created by Vulcan — Petrovsky's cursed weapon— seemed to have started to heal. But the incision was deep enough that it couldn't be completely gone. It became a sign of his toughness as a knight.

"The truce has taken place, you knights must gradually return to your respective cities. You have won the victory in Ithadurna, then the administrators will continue negotiations with Taverin and Ithadurna for their adaptation to join Florentia..there will be no more war in the near future. You should go home too. Take advantage of the time you have to re-mingle with the civilians or get married. The higher ups will let you know about your deployment later." Maxwell suggested.

"Make sure that Valor Dubois receives the credit she deserves for her contribution to the military," Raphael warned.

"She's not a real knight," Maxwell shook his head.

"So? She fought with the Jaguar team for months..do you want to ignore her achievements and treat her like a mere mercenary?"

"You know, that's not how it is in the military," Maxwell responded.

"Valor was serious about her role in Florentia's military. She was willing to lay down her life for Florentia..whether she's official or not as a knight you shouldn't think about that."

"If Valerie Dubois agrees to officially join the Florentia military—I will make sure her achievements are recognized by the military. She will receive the rank and recognition she deserves . . for now, the Dubois family won't allow their daughter," Maxwell nodded.

"Then I will go to Lapella, ask the higher-ups to assign me to the Florentia headquarters in Lapella. I will persuade Valor to come back," said Raphael as he sheathed his sword.

"Valerie said that she really wanted to join the military. She's not the one you have to persuade. But her family. Duke Dubois is a stubborn person. He can make unbelievable decisions when it comes to his daughter. Especially after she nearly died a while ago. ..I guess that's impossible," Maxwell shook his head slightly to show his concern.

"Rather than her strength as a cursed weapon user, I'm much more interested in her ability to predict the future. She's done it many times again..including when she found General Gunther's location," Maxwell continued.

"I'll try to persuade her family, but I need Florentia's help with that. I have to convince them that Valor has the potential to become a war hero in the future . . they are still noble families who are happy with achievements," said Raphael again, ending the conversation.

***

"Things aren't very good for Avalon right now, we've lost two territories. It makes me want to get drunk, but we vampires can't get drunk..Sometimes I want to feel what it's like to be human. Have you ever thought that, my lady?" Caesar Petrovsky asked while fiddling with the clear glass of human blood in his hand. Valerie just smiled.

"I don't know, but I once wished I could taste human food..Sounds like fun," she replied.

She didn't know how. Now she sat alone with the dangerous commander of Avalon. He was someone strong enough to be able to push Raphael to the point of defeat. Avalon's comrades seemed to understand Caesar's hand signal and they retreated to another table. Patricia also betrayed her and said that she had an appointment with her fiancé. It was a lie because she was already planning to buy the book together with Valerie.

Caesar Petrovsky was dressed in his civilian clothes. An elegant gray suit and shiny black leather shoes. There was a lingering smell of tobacco from him which was quite pungent but strangely not irritating. He had light blond hair with a friendly expression that suggested that he was a gentleman who couldn't hurt anything. But Valerie knew he was no ordinary knight. One had to be tough and vile enough to reach a high position in Avalon.

"If that's possible, are you willing?"

"What?"

"Being human"

Valerie considered it for a moment.

"I do not think so,"

"Isn't that right? Being born as a pure-blood vampire is the best. We don't age, strong and powerful. We pure-blood vampires must maintain the purity of our offspring..it's not easy, especially because of the mixed-blood vampires who outnumber our current population," said Caesar again. He then downed the blood in his glass. He let a few drops run down his lips and wiped them with a handkerchief.

"Not fresh enough, I'm still not used to drinking the Florentia way," laughed Caesar.

"How do you know I'm pureblood?" Valerie wanted to know.

"I get along with the Avalons and I can tell them apart..Lady Valerie, you've been drinking only human blood lately, haven't you? I can see from your fresh complexion, not pale and sunken in the faint eye area. That's good for you, Pure-blooded Vampires should take care of their bodies. Animal blood will only poison your body."

"It's only temporary, maybe I'll start drinking animal blood again."

Caesar smiled.

"Don't get me wrong my Lady, I'm not going to criticize someone's way of eating. It's everyone's right… We Avalons were taught that, as long as you don't disturb our territory—everything will be fine. You see, we're not that different."

Valerie laughed awkwardly. It was not the first time he had interacted with the Avalons. Lapella was fairly neutral territory and she had several schoolmates who were Avalon. When arriving in Lapella to study or do business, the Avalons must be willing to drink blood the Florentia way. Besides that, they were free to do anything.

"So what's your name?"

"Valerie,"

"Family name?

"I don't think we're close enough to share a surname. We don't know, maybe we won't see each other again, sir Caesar," Valerie smiled elegantly at him.

"Did the vampires of Florentia forbid friendship with Avalon?"

"Not really,"

"My Lady, do you hate me?" Caesar smiled at her.

Valerie suddenly became wary. She was worried that Caesar would recognize her as the knight who killed Gunther. But he couldn't possibly know. News of her victory over Gunther had yet to spread. Valerie suspects her father may be influencing the generals again to cover up her achievements in the military. If Dubois's name was mentioned, their family might no longer be safe.

"I don't hate you, sir," said Valerie earnestly.

She was just a little afraid of Caesar. She was no ordinary Avalon. She was Avalon's commander who might have killed her straight away when he knew the identity of Gunther's killer. Valerie didn't know if she could hold out long enough to face Caesar Petrovsky.

She even nearly died fighting the crippled general Gunther.

"Well, fortunately. That would make me sad," said Caesar again.

Valerie's fear now turned into nervousness. Caesar Petrovsky, outside the war, was a handsome and quite attractive young man. His friendliness, concern and slow tone made Valerie forget that he was the enemy. Why should he be sad when Valerie hates him? It made Valerie think too much and ended up with a flushed face.

Caesar Petrovsky was dangerous. The dangerous level was now many times over. First, he could kill Valerie easily if he knew the identity of Gunther's killer. Second, his gentlemanly demeanor sympathizes with Valerie and she might be reluctant to fight him if they became closer.

"I—I think I should go home, sir. My parents will be looking for me," Valerie nervously rose from her chair.

"May I escort you?"

"Eh? No need, I've ordered a horse carriage," Valerie lowered her head, feeling nervous. She bowed slightly before leaving. In a panic, her body staggered and Caesar caught her.

"Be careful, Lady Valerie,"

Their eyes met for a moment and Valerie looked away knowing she was blushing again. She became very careless from nervousness. Caesar immediately released her after making sure Valerie stepped firmly on the floor.

"At the next meeting, you must promise to give me your last name, Lady Valerie," he said again.

"I'm not sure we'll see each other again, Sir Caesar. But I enjoyed the evening. I wish you a pleasant stay at Lapella," said Valerie before leaving the Bar.

Caesar didn't immediately sit back down at his desk. He stared at Valerie until the girl had completely disappeared. She was in such a hurry that she forgot the scarf she had worn around her neck. The ivory-white silk scarf had recently been removed from her neck and still kept its warmth.

Caesar grabbed it and squeezed it. Then he brought it close to his nose while occasionally closing his eyes. After that he realized his strange behavior. This was the first time he was attracted by the smell of a vampire's blood.

11